Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illegal Daycare in Alabama
Unregistered 09:53 AM 12-10-2018
http://via.whnt.com/sdf6F
CountryRoads 10:24 AM 12-10-2018
What kind of parent would be comfortable leaving their child in a place like that?
Crazy.
Cat Herder 10:59 AM 12-10-2018
- https://whnt.com/2018/12/05/officers...-russellville/

Andres and Tomas were released from the Russellville City Jail on bail totaling $14,000 each. Police say this investigation is ongoing.
Annalee 11:22 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
  • more than a dozen children
  • children ranged in age from infant to two years old
  • operating for close to a year
  • infants were left in their car seats
  • toddlers were sitting on the floor
  • they had no contact information for the parents of the children
  • one space heater to keep the daycare warm
- https://whnt.com/2018/12/05/officers...-russellville/

Andres and Tomas were released from the Russellville City Jail on bail totaling $14,000 each. Police say this investigation is ongoing.
I am really surprised they did anything in Alabama. They aren't very strict with their child care stipulations there.
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I am really surprised they did anything in Alabama. They aren't very strict with their child care stipulations there.
The call started with a school resource officer going to the home to confirm a child's residency.

They seemed pretty focused on all the infants being strapped into their car seats with no mention of cribs onsite.
Cat Herder 11:41 AM 12-10-2018
This story came out of Texas Thursday, but I did not see it until today: December 6, 2018 at 6:54 AM EST

MCKINNEY, TX (RNN) - Police are investigating reports that a former daycare worker caused injuries to at least three babies, one of whom suffered 11 fractured bones.

Jessica Wiese, 44, was arrested Tuesday and booked into the Collin County Jail on charges of injury to a child. She is being held on a $75,000 bond.

Police believe Wiese, who worked at Joyous Montessori in McKinney, TX, was responsible for injuries to mother Ariel Murphy’s 2-month-old son, Kairo, according to KDFW.

Murphy noticed a severe bruise on the boy, and when she asked about it at the daycare, she was told the injury was the result of a “rough diaper change.”

Skeptical of the explanation, Murphy took Kairo to the emergency room, where a doctor told her he had four fractured ribs, two fractured ankles and a fractured femur, KDFW reports. In total, he had 11 fractured bones.

“It’s devastating,” Murphy told KDFW. “You want to protect your kids so much, and then, when you think you’re doing it - or you have a school facility, a Montessori school, that you trust - I don’t have any words.”

Murphy says police recovered surveillance video showing the baby being abused. - http://www.wave3.com/2018/12/06/dayc...wNOuojaRurRFzU
Annalee 12:11 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
The call started with a school resource officer going to the home to confirm a child's residency.

They seemed pretty focused on all the infants being strapped into their car seats with no mention of cribs onsite.
That's not far at all from me...it was on our local news...
coloradoprovider 12:15 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
What kind of parent would be comfortable leaving their child in a place like that?
Crazy.
Desperate parents.
Annalee 12:19 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by coloradoprovider:
Desperate parents.
Cheap daycare is the name of the game right now...parents overlook so many things for "cheap".
amberrose3dg 12:25 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Cheap daycare is the name of the game right now...parents overlook so many things for "cheap".
Sad thing is I can see parents going for that where I am at . so many parents focused on saving money.
Tags:alabama, illegal daycare, illegal providers, illegally unlicensed
Reply Up