Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Chad

Default 2 Year Old Outside Alone

Hello, just a quick question regarding 2 week notice. My wife showed up at our daycare providers house today and saw our 2 year old outside all alone. She was able to turn the corner and see him walking up the steps to her front door and park her car and get in the house before seeing the daycare lady coming down the steps. That all took about two minutes. Our daycare lady said she was on the phone and told Eddie not to go outside three times. He did anyway. She obviously continued her conversation. We believe she just made that story up and was not aware that Eddie was outside.

I could go on with a bunch of reason we should have taken Eddie out earlier but she only charged $115 and my wife and some friends knew her and we had no reason not to trust her.

My question is.... Would it be legal for us to not pay her two weeks notice and also cancel the check that we already gave her for next week? I am most likely going to just cancel the check because it's my opinion that she broke the contract the second my son was outside alone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any answers.

Tags
2 week notice

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off