Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do U Settle In New Ones
momofthree 04:31 AM 03-02-2011
I have two cousins started four days now full-time. DCB 15 months and DCG 9 months. All they do is to cry all the time, won't sleep for long about 30 mins, won't eat and drink.

Any advice will be good.? I tried to have them sit next to me but they still cry the only time they both are happy is in my arms.
nannyde 04:56 AM 03-02-2011
It takes a few weeks to get them to go native. Have patience.

When you hold them only hold them ON THE FLOOR. Don't carry them around at all unless you HAVE to get them from point A to point B.

The only way to get them on a schedule is to put them on a schedule. Do it today. At their age they should have a morning nap for about an hour and an afternoon nap around 2.5 hours.

If you can, put them to bed right when they arrive in the morning and let them sleep for as long as they can during the transition phase. You are better to start the day with them having a deep sleep under their belt. If you do breakfast do a quickie and then off to bed they go.

Have them stay in bed for their WHOLE nap schedule. They need good deep sleep and a good sturdy diet. Have them get floor time where they entertain themeself as much as possible.
Tags:transitioning
Reply Up