Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay!
littlemissmuffet 11:53 AM 10-08-2013
So this last year has been tough for my family and I - both personally, as well as with the business. I lost half my kiddos for various reasons and decided I would downsize and only have 3 plus my own DD. Of course, the one space I ended up filling was with a young child (I haven't had to deal with an under 18 months in quite some time) who didn't have a very good schedule and had a bit of a rough start into the transition. My older two have been going through home issues which have of course spilled over into their daycare life, plus the added stress they felt from having a new child plus my own DD join the daycare.

Finally, everyone seems to be settling back in.

I feel like I deserve a break so I just did my 2014 schedule and made it so that I never work more than 20 days without a paid day off! I still have the same amount of paid days off (about 25) as every other year but I strategically placed them so that I have a long weekend or vacation week every month - not including personal/sick days.

I also scheduled the same days off for my hubs so we could have lots of extra family time in the new year and all the dates were approved!
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 10-08-2013
Nice!

Sometimes WHEN you get a day off is just as important as simply having the time off.

I have changed up my vacation days over the years as well to meet MY personal/family's needs.

A couple years ago, I scheduled one day every month off and loved it.

Then there were years I closed only on days that I had the least amount of kids so I didn't inconvenience anyone. Other years, I closed during the busiest times just to avoid all the chaos of the holidays and other things going on that made things crazy...

Now I am at a point in my life that I would rather take different days off for different reasons so either way, I think as long as parents know ahead of time, then it's all good.
Brooksie 12:02 PM 10-08-2013
YAY!!!
Tags:days off, downsizing
Reply Up