Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Have This Toilet Training Seat?
melilley 11:59 AM 05-08-2014
My ds is starting to want to use the potty. He will sit on our toilet, but at the very front and won't move back any farther, I think he's scared he'll fall in. Almost all of my dck's are also either starting to get interested in using the potty or are using it already. I saw this toilet seat and it looks like a great idea! I really don't want to have to clean out a potty chair and this seems more sanitary.

Does anyone have this potty seat? Do you like it? Do the kids like it? Is it durable?

http://www.target.com/p/mayfair-next...training+seats

sahm1225 12:20 PM 05-08-2014
Yep, I have it in the day care and one of our bathrooms. I've had the daycare one for about a year & the other one about 3 years. I love it!

The only thing is that it sometimes does get pee trapped in between the seats. We clean it daily and multiple times when a particular dcg is here that somehow always gets pee everywgere
jenboo 12:29 PM 05-08-2014
I have it. i love it. It is super easy to clean.
But... the little toilet seat doesn't snap onto the hinges...I dont know if i got a defective one or what. It just sits on the hinges and if you move the little toilet seat it pops right off. I used hot glue to keep it on the hinge (i put a little dab of glue then wiggled the seat while it was drying). I have no idea if that makes sense but it worked. And the little seat is pretty little. I say it really only good for the average size of a 2 yr old. After that, they kids tend to be too big for it.
Oss_cc 12:31 PM 05-08-2014
Yes and love it! It really helped when we potty trained my DD. The kids like it a lot, too. Also, convenient and easy to clean.
daycare 12:39 PM 05-08-2014
yes and I love it. no issues with it thus far. We have had it about 6 months
melilley 12:40 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
My ds is starting to want to use the potty. He will sit on our toilet, but at the very front and won't move back any farther, I think he's scared he'll fall in. Almost all of my dck's are also either starting to get interested in using the potty or are using it already. I saw this toilet seat and it looks like a great idea! I really don't want to have to clean out a potty chair and this seems more sanitary.

Does anyone have this potty seat? Do you like it? Do the kids like it? Is it durable?

Thanks for putting the pic up BC! I don't know how to do that.
melilley 12:43 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I have it. i love it. It is super easy to clean.
But... the little toilet seat doesn't snap onto the hinges...I dont know if i got a defective one or what. It just sits on the hinges and if you move the little toilet seat it pops right off. I used hot glue to keep it on the hinge (i put a little dab of glue then wiggled the seat while it was drying). I have no idea if that makes sense but it worked. And the little seat is pretty little. I say it really only good for the average size of a 2 yr old. After that, they kids tend to be too big for it.
This is what I figured. The bigger kids don't mind sitting on the regular toilet seat, it's the newbie potty sitting kids that seem to get scared.
TwinKristi 01:01 PM 05-08-2014
Yes I have it too! It's great!
sharlan 01:01 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

I found sitting them backwards on the potty alleviates some of the fear of falling in. They're more comfortable holding onto the tank.
jenboo 01:10 PM 05-08-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
yes and I love it. no issues with it thus far. We have had it about 6 months
Does everyones snap onto the little hinges?? Did i just get a defective one?
MarinaVanessa 01:28 PM 05-08-2014
I have this seat also. I personally was tired of having to clean out potty chairs after every use and this seat works great. Both my DS and DCB were excited to use this seat and by the end of the week both were pretty good at making it to the toilet in time. The kids like that it looks like a grown-up seat and not a "baby" potty . I like it because it takes up less space and if I have to go to the potty I don't have to touch and remove a child-seat before I go, I just flip it up. I think the bathroom looks less junky too since there aren't potties on the floor or a bright colored kids seat. I think the seat is easier to clean. Occasionally I might remove the seat altogether for cleaning or for a dip in bleach water but I don't find that necessary too often unless I'm in a mood to deep clean. (I was pregnant and nesting when I last did it)
MotherNature 01:56 PM 05-08-2014
yup, we have the seat. I don't have a separate daycare bathroom. Our only bathroom is uostairs. The only one who uses it is my family right now anyway.. only have a baby. We love it!
nothingwithoutjoy 05:41 PM 05-08-2014
I got one two years ago or so, and wish I had had it all along (didn't know it existed!). I so prefer it to potties (though I have both, as 6 kids+1 toilet doesn't work very well). I've never used any other toilet seat, as they gross me out. This one is so easy to clean, and stays nicely out of the way. It works well for us because we only have one tiny bathroom. But over time, the hinges do loosen. Now it seems I'm always having to pop it back into place after a kid gets off. Still, it's pretty good.
Reply Up