Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Anxious for Their Babies to Be Big Kids
Indoorvoice 12:40 PM 04-26-2019
Not really a complaint, just an observation I've had with my last few baby families and curious if you've seen the same or if this is typical or a newer phenomenon since I've only been in business for 5 years.

With my newest 3 families, I have had the babies since 2 months old. I've noticed that they really jump the gun on growing their kids up. Some examples: increasing the amount of formula or food they think their baby needs when baby has not shown extra signs of hunger here. Upping the diaper size before they've outgrown the smaller size (I have a 1 yr old the size of a 6 month old in size 5 diapers). Upping the nipple sizes on bottles and baby is literally choking down formula. Sending the child in clothes that are too big for their size. Proclaiming that they are *so close* to reaching a milestone when that milestone is a long ways a way - oh baby is 2 months old and teething! Oh baby is so close to walking! when they are only 6 months old and can't even sit up yet. I could go on and on.

Again,not complaining just curious if you experience these same things or if it's just a fluke with my current families and maybe if you have insight on why they do this and if you say anything to kind of slow them down. My poor babies are drowning in formula and too big diapers and too big clothes
Tags:parents - ask too much, parents - don't want kids
Up