Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re-Licensing Inspection
Meeko 02:23 PM 11-16-2011
She just left. One hour flat! No findings...100% compliant!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight!!
Michael 02:23 PM 11-16-2011
Congrats
sharlan 02:26 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
She just left. One hour flat! No findings...100% compliant!

Woo Hoo!!!!

Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight!!
Congratulations!

Congrats on the restaurant, too. That's my favorite and we don't have one in SoCal.
nannyde 02:55 PM 11-16-2011
ummm

You rule.

Meeko 07:29 AM 11-17-2011
However...I stress myself to death every year!

I go over and over the checklist the licensor uses until I am 100% sure I am 100% compliant.. Check and double check the kids files. I am completely OCD when it comes to my paperwork and regs lists. Every scrap of paper is in a plastic cover and is all filed in exactly the same order for each child. I file training by both hours and topics. I use the state forms AND my own forms so the licensor can chose which she wants to check.

My husband disowns me the night before as I toss and turn and sometimes get up to make a note on something I remembered!!!! The day care must be completely spotless...every toy in place and cleaned.......

and then every single year....I say........."I stress too much, I'm not going to do that again!"
Country Kids 07:32 AM 11-17-2011
However...I stress myself to death every year!

I go over and over the checklist the licensor uses until I am 100% sure I am 100% compliant.. Check and double check the kids files. I am completely OCD when it comes to my paperwork and regs lists. Every scrap of paper is in a plastic cover and is all filed in exactly the same order for each child. I file training by both hours and topics. I use the state forms AND my own forms so the licensor can chose which she wants to check.

My husband disowns me the night before as I toss and turn and sometimes get up to make a note on something I remembered!!!! The day care must be completely spotless...every toy in place and cleaned.......

and then every single year....I say........."I stress too much, I'm not going to do that again!"
Glad to know I'm not the only one to do that!!!! I was actually making myself sick from stressing so much and I also got 100% but you just never, never know!
Zoe 07:37 AM 11-17-2011
Good for you! My first re-licensing visit is going to be sometime in December. I made myself a very OCD checklist to go over every morning to make sure everything is in compliance. I freak out when DH comes home and leaves his trail of destruction every day.

I'm sure I'll be fine, but there's always the nagging thought that I've over-looked something completely random that I'm going to be docked for! At least my licensor said it will be before Christmas so I can rest easy during the holidays!
Cat Herder 07:48 AM 11-17-2011
Congrats!!!
mismatchedsocks 08:19 AM 11-17-2011
You know when your licenser is coming?! Lucky!

Congrats!
BigMama 10:32 AM 11-17-2011
Congratulations! My license expires mid-December so I know my re-inspection is soon...I get super-nervous like you. You sound like you are really organized & prepared fro anything though...good for you! Enjoy your dinner - you earned it!
CaliMom 10:42 AM 11-17-2011
Congrats to you!! You are very lucky because I just get a random knock on the door and guess who....surprise!!! Not fun but at least I always try to have everything ready at all times
laundrymom 10:47 AM 11-17-2011
Whoo hoo!!! My daughter works at TR! Lol. Brings nhome rolls and cheese fries all the time.
Meeko 10:54 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by CaliMom:
Congrats to you!! You are very lucky because I just get a random knock on the door and guess who....surprise!!! Not fun but at least I always try to have everything ready at all times
We get a minimum of two visits a year. We get an announced one at re-licensing time and then at least one drop-in surprise later. I have only ever had the two. I understand that if they find a day care with several violations, they pop in more frequently.

The announced one is pretty intense because they go through EVERYTHING. Every drawer and cupboard (in childcare area), check every room for hidden children(), inspect the yard, measure the height of fences etc. They go through all the toys to check for cleanliness, broken, size etc. They go through every single piece of paperwork...every immunization of every child etc. Stick thermometers in the carpet to make sure the temperature is at an approved level. The list is 14 pages long. I've heard of these inspections taking up to 4 hours if you don't have all your ducks in a row. That's why I get OCD!!!

The un-announced inspection is really just to check for very obvious violations, general cleanliness, number of children in attendance etc. They are usually in and out in about 10 minutes if you're up to code.
laundrymom 11:06 AM 11-17-2011
Stick thermometers in the carpet to make sure the temperature is at an approved level.
what the Huh!?!?!?!
Meeko 11:09 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
what the Huh!?!?!?!
I know!!!! They insist the temperature at the floor level must be between 65 and 75 degrees for the crawling babies!!
CaliMom 02:26 PM 11-17-2011
We get a minimum of two visits a year. We get an announced one at re-licensing time and then at least one drop-in surprise later. I have only ever had the two. I understand that if they find a day care with several violations, they pop in more frequently.

The announced one is pretty intense because they go through EVERYTHING. Every drawer and cupboard (in childcare area), check every room for hidden children(), inspect the yard, measure the height of fences etc. They go through all the toys to check for cleanliness, broken, size etc. They go through every single piece of paperwork...every immunization of every child etc. Stick thermometers in the carpet to make sure the temperature is at an approved level. The list is 14 pages long. I've heard of these inspections taking up to 4 hours if you don't have all your ducks in a row. That's why I get OCD!!!

The unannounced inspection is really just to check for very obvious violations, general cleanliness, number of children in attendance etc. They are usually in and out in about 10 minutes if you're up to code.
Wow, that's just crazy! We only get unannounced visits and when I have been inspected it's just very basic things like paperwork, a gate is up, check the pool fence, firearms etc. but never whipping out thermometers and taking the temperature! No wonder you have OCD. I would too!
Oneluckymom 04:04 PM 11-17-2011
WTH....thermometers in floor??? Now thats ridiculous. Since when does that do damage to a child. So when the kid goes home are the parents going to be that meticulous?
Meeko 06:08 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
WTH....thermometers in floor??? Now thats ridiculous. Since when does that do damage to a child. So when the kid goes home are the parents going to be that meticulous?
Amen to that! We just roll out eyes.....
My pet peeve with licensing visits is that they are required to watch a diaper change. Like after 4 kids of my own and 27 years of childcare..and THOUSANDS of diaper changes....I haven't got it down yet.. And I forgot how to do it from last year when she watched me......??
Tags:inspection passed, positive
Reply Up