Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 AM

Default Biter Boy At It Again--Wondering About A Cause

Biter Boy is at it again--this time he's getting a one-way trip to a pack n play in the playroom. This is so infrequent and there's not anything *I* can see that makes today (or the other days, weeks apart) different from the others. I have a theory; I hope those of you more versed in this stuff could help.

He suffers from frequent ear infections and is just getting over one right now. He's noticeably having a hard time hearing today (not looking when we call his name, etc)--could this be related to not being able to hear well? Or something else related to getting over the ear infection? I want to say he was getting over one last time he bit, too...
Old 12-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would think being in pain would cause biting,... poor guy,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Biter Boy is at it again--this time he's getting a one-way trip to a pack n play in the playroom. This is so infrequent and there's not anything *I* can see that makes today (or the other days, weeks apart) different from the others. I have a theory; I hope those of you more versed in this stuff could help.

He suffers from frequent ear infections and is just getting over one right now. He's noticeably having a hard time hearing today (not looking when we call his name, etc)--could this be related to not being able to hear well? Or something else related to getting over the ear infection? I want to say he was getting over one last time he bit, too...
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
I would think being in pain would cause biting,... poor guy,....
I would too...the thing is, he shouldn't be in pain anymore, right? He's almost done with the course of antibiotics. 'course, it seems like he should be able to hear by now, and he's hearing worse than he was Monday (the last day he was here). I feel bad for him, both because of the constant ear infections, and the fact that he's 18 months and barely talking. The biting episodes are so inconsistent and spread out...I really want to find the cause and help fix it!

*Would it be appropriate for me to ask mom if his doc has mentioned ear tubes at all?

Tags
biting