Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help Questions About C.A Inspection Tomorrow
Kimberly5586 05:30 PM 11-25-2012
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they check off limit rooms, like bedrooms or possibly the garage?
Lucy 06:32 PM 11-25-2012
My lady does. She says that even though the room is not used for DC purposes, she still needs to peek in there to make sure there isn't something like a marijuana farm, gun storage, toxic mold, etc., etc. It was literally just a quick peek.
sharlan 07:21 PM 11-25-2012
Originally Posted by Kimberly5586:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they check off limit rooms, like bedrooms or possibly the garage?
Is this your first inspection?

For my first inspection, they peeked in every room. On my semi-annual (or whatever they call it) inspection, they barely checked the accessible areas.
mom2many 07:37 PM 11-25-2012
Yes, I have had some analysts go into off limit areas, just to make sure kids aren't in there or anything you aren't allowed to have like bouncy seats etc. They have never searched through drawers or closets---just looked around for anything that was obvious & no one has ever looked in my garage.
Crystal 09:37 AM 11-26-2012
If it is your first inspection to be licensed, OR you have recieved a complaint, yes, they will check all rooms.

They are NOT SUPPOSED to check rooms that are off-limits, IF you have a lock on the doors, which proves the children cannot access the room. If you have a dryer or hot water heater in your garage they will have to have access to check those, otherwise, they should not check the garage if it is locked.

If they insist on checking locked rooms, you can politely decline, citing regulations, however that will just cause suspicion, so I would just make sure all is good to go for an inspection.

Good Luck!
Kimberly5586 10:32 AM 11-27-2012
Thanks everyone, everything went well.
mom2many 11:15 AM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Kimberly5586:
Thanks everyone, everything went well.

Tags:inspection
Reply Up