Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ears Pierced On A Sunday Night
Unregistered 06:21 PM 05-02-2018
Told dcm I really wished she'd do this Fri. night so she had 2 days to deal....dcg is very strong...I see ripped ears. What to do? She said this is happening after a dad visitation....duh...
mamamanda 08:11 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Told dcm I really wished she'd do this Fri. night so she had 2 days to deal....dcg is very strong...I see ripped ears. What to do? She said this is happening after a dad visitation....duh...
How old is dcg? My DD got her ears pierced when she was 20 mo. She mentioned them once the night we got it done & nothing after that except the one time I got her shirt caught on them. If she's fairly young I wouldn't expect it to be a big deal.
Cat Herder 04:53 AM 05-03-2018
Not the best choice, but sounds like they have some control issues going on between them. This may get worse before it gets better.
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't see the issue?
Is the child wearing hoops?

Most the time the ear rings used for piercing are the small stud type ear rings with backs that either screw on or have some sort of ridge so the backs stay on during the healing process.

As for provider responsibilities, I'd play no part in cleaning or rotating them and leave that up to the parents to manage.

In many cultures piercing a child's ears is done very early in life and in some cases right after birth so I don't really see an issue with it.

I have rules about jewelry for safety reasons and the only requirements I have for ear rings are no hoops or hanging ear rings and those with ear ring backs that actually screw on. Anything else could be a potential choking hazard.
tenderhearts 10:08 AM 05-03-2018
We pierced our daughters ears when she was 6 months old. I never had provider do anything with her ears. She never pulled or tugged on them, didn't know they were there. I was young so I never even thought about if other kids would wonder what they were and pull on them but nothing ever happened.
alyssahenderson 10:23 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
How old is dcg? My DD got her ears pierced when she was 20 mo. She mentioned them once the night we got it done & nothing after that except the one time I got her shirt caught on them. If she's fairly young I wouldn't expect it to be a big deal.
Same as me. My DD got also her ears pierced when she was 20 mo. old and yes it's not a big deal if she's that young.
Tags:custody issues, divorced parents, divorced parents - receipts, pierced ears
Reply Up