Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Variance For Multiple Infants ~
DCP 12:45 PM 05-25-2012
Hey guys

Not sure how the other states are but in mine - you can not have more than three children under 2 and one must be 15 months and walking.

However we can get a variance for this..I was contacted by a Mom of triplets and while I may not be able to take her right away..I wanted to get the variance completed in case it ever comes up again.

Has any one been cleared of one? I am unsure how to explain how I would safely get 3 babies plus the others out in case of an emergency..in a way that is satisfactory to the state.

Thanks for any help!
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 05-25-2012
Depends on your state and your county.

I have heard differing rules, regs and policies in not only other states compared to mine but from other counties in my own state.

I would ask your licensor just to be sure and to get a correct response.
DCP 01:17 PM 05-25-2012
I know I can get the variance - she sent me the paper work. But I need to explain in detail in writing how I would go about getting multiple infants out of my home (as well as the others in my care) safely during an emergency.

I just got the paper work, but I was just curious if anyone has done this and what method they used. I have twins myself...and I know I could carry three babies in my arms if I HAD to....but I am not sure that explanation would go over well LOL
Solandia 01:46 PM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by DCP:
I know I can get the variance - she sent me the paper work. But I need to explain in detail in writing how I would go about getting multiple infants out of my home (as well as the others in my care) safely during an emergency.

I just got the paper work, but I was just curious if anyone has done this and what method they used. I have twins myself...and I know I could carry three babies in my arms if I HAD to....but I am not sure that explanation would go over well LOL
Can you just say that you would keep a stroller in the house to throw the babies in real quick to haul them all out (safely) at once? Or that your pack and play or basinette has wheels on one end & fits through the sliding glass door in the back of the house (well, mine does anyway).
DCP 01:52 PM 05-25-2012
Solandia

I was thinking about the whole play pen thing...I know mine would fit through the play room entrance - but would have to test it on the kitchen one to be sure. I have a dual stroller - so I could use that and carry one..?.?. possibly.

Thank you - think that may work

Trying to rack my brain...and I thought hmmm even if I had 3 and one walking...the walker at that age STILL needs assistance LOL Bringing all the kids out to play or for fire drills when my girls were little was a horrifying scene! haha
Tags:infants, variance
Reply Up