Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I have to get licensed?
Cwillis 06:36 PM 05-26-2015
I live in Oklahoma and am interested in starting a home daycare. Do I have to get licensed in order to do so? i have 12 moms who want to use me and I'd love to start immediately but don't want to end up in jail lol.
Febby 06:51 PM 05-26-2015
I'm not from Oklahoma, but a quick scan of the state regulations makes me believe that, yes, you need a license. It also looks like you would only be able to care for 7 children by yourself and would need an assistant to have more.
Thriftylady 07:23 PM 05-26-2015
Those laws vary by state, but highly unlikely you could keep 12 children. I know in Ohio and Kansas the max you can have is ten. Unless you want to run different "shifts". But if you can be legally unlicensed (check with your state on that), you usually can have far less kids.
LysesKids 03:23 AM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Cwillis:
I live in Oklahoma and am interested in starting a home daycare. Do I have to get licensed in order to do so? i have 12 moms who want to use me and I'd love to start immediately but don't want to end up in jail lol.
YEP... I use to live on the AR/OK line; believe me you want the license not the fines for running illegal. You can't even take one child part time without jumping state hoops first
Patches 12:10 PM 05-27-2015
Yes, you do have to get licensed.
I'm in OK. Here it is illegal to care for even ONE child without a license. Just call DHS and ask for a packet and they will help you through the process.
Patches 12:13 PM 05-27-2015
Also, at first you will have to get licensed as a small daycare. You will be able to care for up to 7 by yourself. Once you are able to apply for a large license, you can get licensed for up to 12 with 2 caregivers
Tags:licensing regulations
Reply Up