Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Report Apps That Do Not Charge Monthly???
Crazy8 06:05 AM 12-06-2016
What do you use?

I loved Tadpoles but do not want to pay a monthly fee per child for using it.
I tried Brightwheel once and am not crazy about it being in real-time, I prefer to just send it to parents at the end of the day.

Are there any other apps like these that do not charge a monthly fee? I don't mind paying a few dollars for the app up front (but would prefer if parents do not have to).
Unregistered 06:33 AM 12-06-2016
If you're just looking for a basic daily note app, I use Daily Note by Kaymbu. The free version is just the daily note (nap, toileting, meals, notes, supplies needed, etc) and no photos. There is a full version that has more options but there is a fee. I like it because it's easy to use and saves me ink and paper, and I post pictures on my Facebook and website.
Indoorvoice 07:05 AM 12-06-2016
I use brightwheel and just tell the parents that I don't do the real time. I update at nap and give approximate times and they are fine with that. I think they actually like that I'm with their kids instead of updating the app
daycarediva 09:40 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I use brightwheel and just tell the parents that I don't do the real time. I update at nap and give approximate times and they are fine with that. I think they actually like that I'm with their kids instead of updating the app
This.

I don't update in real time. I don't HAVE the time. I LOVE that I can do 'mass updates' eg. played outside, check everyone, click the time, upload a picture, done.

Sometimes I can update it, or get more personal, which I love.
midaycare 09:51 AM 12-06-2016
Same here re: Brightwheel. I do update in real time for dcks up to 12 months. But I usually only have 1 of those at a time, max 2.
Crazy8 11:13 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
This is how I feel - wouldn't you rather me with your child than worrying about updating an app but I feel like parents will be checking it all day and wondering why I'm not updating it. I loved that Tadpoles sent via email once I checked the kids out for the day. No app for the parents to check (well there is one but they don't need to use it), everyone seems to check their email so it was great. But I am not paying $200/yr for the darn thing!!
Crazy8 11:22 AM 12-06-2016
I guess I will give brightwheel another shot, only used it for a day or two last time but just preferred some of the Tadpoles features more so stuck with that one but now I can't enter it without paying.
Pandaluver21 01:46 PM 12-06-2016
I can't use tadpole because I don't have an ios, so I use brightwheel. After 8+ years of paper reports I decided to try it out. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I like it more and more! I try to do updates "real time" but I have told parents that's not always possible and they're ok with it. I love that they CAN check throughout the day though. Usually for first time dcp I used to text a few pictures the first day, and now I don't have to worry about that I can just do it all together. I also like that if I put a note in there they can see it right away (or a message) I updated a little girls last week saying she was getting a cough, mom messaged me within 20 and offered to come get her! (Ok, I think mom wanted an excuse to leave work, but works for me! lol)
AmyKidsCo 11:00 AM 12-07-2016
I use Daily Connect. There's a one-time $5 to buy the app but after that it's free. (The desktop version is totally free but isn't as "pretty" as the app.) I LOVE it! You can do mass updates, and customize each child's page to record what you want. My parents like it too - I can tell they check it during the day.
Reply Up