Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Was Very Disrespectful, Cursed In Front Of My Own Children
Blossoms 07:51 AM 05-19-2018
Hi! I am new to the forum. I have been operating my in-home daycare since September, and I have loved it. All the parents and children have been wonderful. Until now! A new child was enrolled two weeks ago. The child pushes a lot seemingly for no reason, and is defiant. I spoke with mom about this and she claims her child has never pushed before and is always so sweet at home(her child pushed another child down twice while mom and I were talking). But, it's not just the child. Yesterday, mom stopped by my house unannounced after business hours and was incredibly rude to me. She cursed in front of my children. She was upset because she felt I was telling her one thing but telling her husband something entirely different. She felt I was lying. My business hours are 6AM-6PM. However, I have families sign a contract stating what their normal drop-off/pick-up times will be. I do this so I can be more prepared and to budget more easily. Of course, they can drop off their daughter at 6AM, but I need a heads up. I don't think this is an unreasonable request. It is a home daycare. It is quite a bit different than a child care center. They have been dropping off at widely different times this past week, and I had to remind dad about the contracted hours vs business hours and that I need a heads up if drop off will be 1 hour or more earlier than the agreed upon time (8AM). Dad is the one that has been doing most of the dropping off and picking up. Mom works night shift and I rarely see her. Dad is the point person. Anyway, apparently dad and mom became upset about this. Mom was trying to call and I would try calling her back but we just played phone tag all day. Well, she comes to my home unannounced after business hours when I was in the middle of preparing dinner/cleaning. She says "what the hell is going on? My husband is pissed at me. Your're telling him one thing one day and the next day it's something else. Why are you even texting him? Don't contact him anymore! Let's just get this **** straight" I explain everything again that is all in my contract and handbook (that she read and signed). I apologized, but she just kept talking about it. She FINALLY left, and I just burst into tears. I was very upset and quite frankly a little embarrassed. My two children were in the room. What should I do now? My contract clearly states that I can terminate care without notice if parents are rude, abusive, or disrespectful. Any advice would be helpful for how to handle this situation and moving forward. Thanks! Sorry for the long-winded story!
Tags:curse words, disrespectful parents, disrespectful speech, parents - disrespect
Up