Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Things You Wish You Hadn't Been Doing at Pick Up
Pestle 01:04 PM 05-23-2018
Pro tip: If you're getting afternoon snack ready while belting out a modified version of The Moody Blues' "In Your Wildest Dreams" about your inability to find an orange cup for the DCK who uses the orange dishes, a daycare parent will suddenly appear in your living room.

My teacher DCM says her students' parents have walked in on her saying all kinds of weird things. What have you been caught in the middle of?

"I wonder where you are. . . you know that we all THINK about you. . . once upon a time, in a disorganized cabinet. . . oo-OOO-ooh, where is that orange cup? Oo-OOO-ooh, where is that OH HI YEAH WE'RE HAVING A SNACK AND HE DID FINE AFTER DROPOFF AND HE KEPT HIS DIAPER DRY MOST OF THE DAY TODAY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY YEAH OKAY."
Josiegirl 02:52 PM 05-23-2018
Pestle, you crack me up!!!! Love that song but don't remember those lyrics. Lol
Nothing comes to mind other than the normal racing around like a maniac trying to tend to everyone.
DaveA 02:53 PM 05-23-2018
Playing "air tag" with DCKs and a leaf blower. For the record- cordless electric. No gas engine or cord.

Not pick up, but I had a DCD show up 10 minutes early as I was making a marinade for a pork shoulder I was throwing in the crockpot. He walked in as I was pouring bourbon into the coffee cup I was using as a measuring cup. I didn't hear the end of that one for a long time.
MissAnn 03:11 PM 05-23-2018
A dad came back to get his twin sons coats. I forgot to lock the door. I guess he felt like it was OK to just walk I. After DC hours. He caught me running bare naked across my living room.

I now lock the door....every day.
Josiegirl 03:12 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
A dad came back to get his twin sons coats. I forgot to lock the door. I guess he felt like it was OK to just walk I. After DC hours. He caught me running bare naked across my living room.

I think we might have a winner
Did you both just pretend it never happened or avoid looking at each other ever again?
mamamanda 03:33 PM 05-23-2018

I don't think anyone is going to top that one.
MomBoss 04:27 PM 05-23-2018

OMG! Im not sure how i would have continued to do care for them.. lol
MissAnn 04:32 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Did you both just pretend it never happened or avoid looking at each other ever again?
Grabbed my housecoat and tried to act normal. He looked so embarrassed and we never mentioned it again. The twins didn’t see...thankfully. I still get red faced just thinking about it!
MissAnn 04:33 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
OMG! Im not sure how i would have continued to do care for them.. lol
I was so glad when the twins left for kindergarten but then a year later I got little brother! Apparently seeing me naked was not a dealbreaker! LOL
amberrose3dg 03:45 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Oh my goodness. He would of been bitched out for that one.
ChelseaB 05:00 AM 05-24-2018
Definitely can’t top MissAnn’s story

Nothing unusual comes to mind other than belting out songs or being mid dance party with the kids lol. For the most part, I answer the door when parents arrive as we lock doors here. However, there have been occasions when my hubby has been home and just let parents in. Having them walk back to all of us jumping around left me a little flushed!
Snowmom 06:18 AM 05-24-2018
I can't really top it either. But I feel your pain!

Early one Saturday morning, the doorbell rang, I ran out of the bathroom to tell my two year old not to answer the door. Too late. He swung open the door while I'm standing there in my skivvies. Two Jehovah witnesses got to see my pretty flower print undies.
e.j. 12:14 PM 05-24-2018
Things you wish you hadn't been doing at pick up: puking! One day a few years ago, I woke up feeling a little dizzy and nauseated. I thought it might be my allergies bothering me because I didn't feel that bad and when my ears get plugged up, I tend to feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. I thought I could make it through the day. As the day wore on, I felt worse and worse. As the kids were eating their afternoon snack, I had to make a run to the bathroom. I was still puking when dcd came strolling in 15 minutes early.

The bathroom is just inside the back door where he entered so it was obvious what was happening. Since his kid was the one who brought the stomach bug to all of us that year, I didn't feel totally humiliated but it was very embarrassing. Definitely doesn't rate anywhere near being naked or in my skivvies, though!
Jo123ABC 12:34 PM 05-24-2018
All day long, every day... My almost 4y old daughter says "momma mommy momma mommy momma mommy momma mommy" my 1 year old has started it too and throws in the occasional "ma!". It drives me bonkers! Anyway, I was taking a kiddo potty and she was doing the momma thing and I yelled from the bathroom "WHAT!?" in a supper annoyed voice.She says "Chloe's mommy's here." whoops! Dcm didn't say a word about it but I was embarrassed for sounding like a jerk! My husband embarrasses me on a regular basis too I hope no one ever catches me naked :lol. I would die of embarrassment!
Mike 02:15 PM 05-24-2018
I was so glad when the twins left for kindergarten but then a year later I got little brother! Apparently seeing me naked was not a dealbreaker! LOL
That's good, I think.
Ariana 02:19 PM 05-24-2018
My door is locked during daycare hours so nothing has ever happened like that thankfully! At the centre where I worked my boss walked in on me having a tea party with the kids pretending I was the queen with a full on British accent! I was sooooo embarassed, she got a good laugh out of it for sure....not as embarassing as running buck naked through my house though
Tags:pick up - conversations, pick up behavior
Reply Up