Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
laundrymom 09:44 AM 01-24-2011
the good news is that because 4 mo old hasnt been asleep YET today she will sleep great for mom tonight! right???
jessrlee 10:21 AM 01-24-2011
Lol! She will love ya for it! You poor thing!
MyAngels 10:36 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
I'm in such a fantastic mood today! I thought I would share!....

1. DH is on his 3rd deployment to Afghanistan and we finally have all of our stuff together. No arguing, I'm hadeling everything really well, dd is doing really well, and the extra money is helping buy some much needed dc supplies.

2. I started a new family last week and have 2 kiddos contracted for Feb.28. I am as full as I want to be and all of the kids I have are SUPER (most of the time)

3. Just got new tables and chairs for the daycare! I love love love them!! Only 35$ at Target and worth a whole lot more!

4. Once the school agers and pre-k leave I have 3 hours of just 1 kiddo and the parents all pay me the same!

I hope this doesn't sound show offy. With just me and dd I am getting a little adult attention deprived!
I'm glad things are going so well for you, it's always nice to hear about the good side of daycare. God bless you and your hubby and all of the men and women serving our country, and the families that support them!
laundrymom 10:39 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Lol! She will love ya for it! You poor thing!
well its almost 230 and she is still not asleep. I know without a shadow of a doubt that if I go give her a blanket she will sleep but NO WAY!!!!! I know she sleeps in a swing, and with blankets at home. But no thank you ,..... safe sleep exists in this childcare home. Back to sleep, no blankets, no cuddlies.
DEBBIES DAYCARE 12:44 PM 01-24-2011
Some times I read the vents and shake my head....Providers complaining they cant get a nap or cant make a phone call... cant go to the bathroom. Some complain they are stuck home all day and cant get to the store or bank. Dealing with kids all day is a challenge at times, I know.
I just want to remind everyone how it is out there in the work force for those who forgot or who never did it....

I did my time in my home daycare, then went to the 9-5 thing in a doctors office and then back to daycare. And heres what I came up with...

No job except maybe in a little cubicle or at a desk with minimal call volume can you go to the bathroom anytime you want....not truck drivers, not nurses, certainly not surgeons, not cashiers, teachers or bank tellers. Not in a busy doctors office thats for sure.

Dealing with elderly, public, sick people, ditzy coworkers, nasty bosses and children is not easy...dealing with people period is a challenge in anyones work day at one time or another.

I know its hard to get a lunch break with a house full of kids. But try a busy docs office when at 12:30 I was putting into an exam room the docs 11:45 appt. No lunch that day folks not even for the doc. I imagine at a bank or for phone workers, lunch time is their busiest. My son is a chef....no lunch or dinner break. lol

In the office I wasnt allowed personal calls except for emergencies and our cell phones in our desks, were not allowed to be used. Im sure teachers cell phones arent ringing in class, and factory workers on an assembly line cant stop the machines to get a call.

My daughter works in a nursing home and she cant leave the building even when she is on break. I dont think there is many jobs where you can leave and go to shopping in the middle of the day.

we all need to vent and daycare is the most challenging job I ever had. But I am in the greener grass and I dont forget it... I am home to throw the prepped dinner in the oven so its ready at a decent hour ( 9-5 ers start peeling potatoes at 5:45 if they want home cooking.) I can switch the laundry over during the day and even fold, if the kids are all napping. I am available for my own kids should they pop over as long as they can talk with a toddler in their lap. And the desicions are mine and I am the boss...and if I work my butt off its MY wealth Im contributing to, not making some guy on the top floor rich. I dont have any drama from adults. Kids tantrums are hard to deal with and tattle talers annoying, but did you ever see a 21 year old do it? They are in the work field and it isnt pretty. Im just saying we are very fortunate to be able to be self employed and home. Its good to vent, this is the place to do it, but I think we are in the greener grass.
SilverSabre25 02:33 PM 01-24-2011
Sure the grass is greener; however, it still gets itchy and annoying sometimes.
Blackcat31 02:36 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Sure the grass is greener; however, it still gets itchy and annoying sometimes.
I agree that the grass is greener but that is because of all the "fertilizer" we have to wipe up!
DEBBIES DAYCARE 02:43 PM 01-24-2011
LOLOLOL aint it the truth
Luna 03:21 AM 01-25-2011
I worked in manufacturing for many, many years. I vented about all of those things frequently, probably every day - probably multiple times a day. Everyone I worked with did too. People just need to vent sometimes, and this is a safe & understanding place to do it.
And I do appreciate all of the things you mentioned, the ability to do laundry and prepare meals being at the top of the list.
MommyMuffin 05:03 AM 01-25-2011
My dcg should be born anyday and I am just waiting for a call.
This morning I got a call that my Aunts water broke this am and she is at the hospital. I cant wait to go see my little cousin. She found her mate later in life and is 45, neither of them had children but really wanted them and the doc said there was a very low chance of her getting pregnant...But look at her now, in labor, full term! We will welcome our newest family member and I am so thankful to the Lord.
laundrymom 08:20 AM 01-25-2011
Congrats mommy!!!! Awesome blessing!!!
MarinaVanessa 07:42 AM 01-26-2011
DCG 3y was playing with our science stuff and asked me where the beggerator was . "The what?" - "The biggerator. The square that makes little things big". It took me a bit to figure out what she was talking about but I finally did. She wanted to play with our magnifying glass lol. So yes, she finally got to play with our biggerator.
SilverSabre25 08:39 AM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
DCG 3y was playing with our science stuff and asked me where the beggerator was . "The what?" - "The biggerator. The square that makes little things big". It took me a bit to figure out what she was talking about but I finally did. She wanted to play with our magnifying glass lol. So yes, she finally got to play with our biggerator.
hee hee hee....biggerator. That's adorable! Make sure to tell her mom.

Today has been a long, miserable morning of yelling (on everyone's part) and I ditched the lunch plan (stir-fry, a favorite, but my skillet needed washed and it felt like too much effort) and made it a scroungy sort of lunch. Frozen peas, banana, crackers, string cheese, and pepperoni. The kiddos usually love this kind of lunch and eat really well.

What is it about baby toys that big kids want to play with them endlessly?
DCMomOf3 06:04 AM 01-28-2011
I'm going to risk the jinx: The kids are playing SOOOO well today. They haven't 'needed' me once yet. They are even playing without making messes.
lil angels 10:32 AM 01-28-2011
I am sitting here festering I have 4 kids left for the day and I have a whole new kitchen full of appliances coming Saturday. I have been without a stove and dishwasher all week I am so excited. HAY HAY HAY
laundrymom 12:49 PM 01-28-2011
I termed!!!!! :-) my stress just cut by a ton! Lol
SilverSabre25 04:53 PM 01-28-2011
It's 8:30 on a Friday night and DD is in bed, the naproom is clean (even changed the sheets!), DD's room is clean (changed her sheets too!), the living room is clean, the bathroom has been cleaned, DD had a bath. I have the whole rest of the evening ahead of me to...
clean the kitchen
get my own dinner (DD had a sunbutter and jelly sandwich, black olives, and a juice box...what can I say? It was lazy mommy night!)
and the big one: continue arranging the new playroom on the lower level!
LindaMJ 09:38 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Oh my goodness!!! That is TOO funny! Thanks so much for sharing!
LindaMJ 09:42 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
Some times I read the vents and shake my head....Providers complaining they cant get a nap or cant make a phone call... cant go to the bathroom. Some complain they are stuck home all day and cant get to the store or bank. Dealing with kids all day is a challenge at times, I know.
I just want to remind everyone how it is out there in the work force for those who forgot or who never did it....

I did my time in my home daycare, then went to the 9-5 thing in a doctors office and then back to daycare. And heres what I came up with...

No job except maybe in a little cubicle or at a desk with minimal call volume can you go to the bathroom anytime you want....not truck drivers, not nurses, certainly not surgeons, not cashiers, teachers or bank tellers. Not in a busy doctors office thats for sure.

Dealing with elderly, public, sick people, ditzy coworkers, nasty bosses and children is not easy...dealing with people period is a challenge in anyones work day at one time or another.

I know its hard to get a lunch break with a house full of kids. But try a busy docs office when at 12:30 I was putting into an exam room the docs 11:45 appt. No lunch that day folks not even for the doc. I imagine at a bank or for phone workers, lunch time is their busiest. My son is a chef....no lunch or dinner break. lol

In the office I wasnt allowed personal calls except for emergencies and our cell phones in our desks, were not allowed to be used. Im sure teachers cell phones arent ringing in class, and factory workers on an assembly line cant stop the machines to get a call.

My daughter works in a nursing home and she cant leave the building even when she is on break. I dont think there is many jobs where you can leave and go to shopping in the middle of the day.

we all need to vent and daycare is the most challenging job I ever had. But I am in the greener grass and I dont forget it... I am home to throw the prepped dinner in the oven so its ready at a decent hour ( 9-5 ers start peeling potatoes at 5:45 if they want home cooking.) I can switch the laundry over during the day and even fold, if the kids are all napping. I am available for my own kids should they pop over as long as they can talk with a toddler in their lap. And the desicions are mine and I am the boss...and if I work my butt off its MY wealth Im contributing to, not making some guy on the top floor rich. I dont have any drama from adults. Kids tantrums are hard to deal with and tattle talers annoying, but did you ever see a 21 year old do it? They are in the work field and it isnt pretty. Im just saying we are very fortunate to be able to be self employed and home. Its good to vent, this is the place to do it, but I think we are in the greener grass.
Thanks for the dose of reality! Been there, done that! I worked as a receptionist in two medical offices. Life is good at home with kids.
laundrymom 04:45 AM 01-31-2011
Due to my overstressing of the termed family calling and making a false report I have clean bedrooms curtesy of my children. That's my positive. Lol
MyAngels 05:09 AM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Due to my overstressing of the termed family calling and making a false report I have clean bedrooms curtesy of my children. That's my positive. Lol
It's really good that you're a "glass half full" type .
Little People 05:17 AM 01-31-2011
Sending some hugs!!

This is the only cute picture I could find at the moment
hawkfan428 01:44 PM 01-31-2011
My positive is slightly off topic...

But, this morning on my way to work (I work at a center), I was the first caller into a trivia game on the radio and I won! I get a free 1 hour massage...which will really come in handy after working with kiddos all day!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 01:54 PM 01-31-2011
Just now, at pickup, my new daycare Mom told me that she is glad to have found me and that she feels very comfortable bringing her baby girl here. She has NO idea how much it means to me to hear a parent say that!!!!!

She made my whole week.
Sunny Day 01:55 PM 01-31-2011
We had a Big Sister Party for one of my little dcg who just had a baby sister last week. DCG loved it and it made her feel so special! We all had a blast. The parents were also so appreciative!
SilverSabre25 02:42 PM 01-31-2011
The playroom is mostly cleaned up (will get all the way cleaned up before DD's bedtime). Dinner is in the oven and smelling fantastic, DD and I went for a walk to get some fresh air and she had an absolute blast, I salted the driveway and sidewalk in preparation for the ice storm tonight, and DD is having a blast playing on Starfall.com (and doing really REALLY well). After dinner and some cleaning, DD and I are going to either play Playdough or play a game before bed. What a pleasant, comfortable, fun evening! I look forward to every day starting to be like this.
momofboys 05:46 AM 02-01-2011
Ice storm today resulted in no school for my kids which usually means extra stress b/c of daycare kids but DCF's mom's nursing school was cancelled b/c of the ice so it's just me & my 3 boys. To make it even better my husband's work had a delay too so he was up with our boys & I was able to sleep in. I have a fun day planned with our boys: making homemade chocolate chip cookies, playing games & watching a movie. Wonderful day!
momofboys 05:47 AM 02-01-2011
The playroom is mostly cleaned up (will get all the way cleaned up before DD's bedtime). Dinner is in the oven and smelling fantastic, DD and I went for a walk to get some fresh air and she had an absolute blast, I salted the driveway and sidewalk in preparation for the ice storm tonight, and DD is having a blast playing on Starfall.com (and doing really REALLY well). After dinner and some cleaning, DD and I are going to either play Playdough or play a game before bed. What a pleasant, comfortable, fun evening! I look forward to every day starting to be like this.
That sounds great!
elle73 12:46 PM 02-01-2011
My whole family has been super sick with flu since last Friday, and it also hit all the daycare kids (which is not positive lol) but all the parents have been great keeping the kids home and all the parents have been emailing or calling with updates about the kiddies and asking how we are all doing and noone was upset when I had to close down for the 1st time in 4yrs due to me being sick. I was really worried that they would all be upset with me and some have even offered to keep their kids home for an extra day so we can all rest.
MamaBear 01:04 PM 02-01-2011
All my daycare kiddos are napping so peacefully right now, giving me a much needed break! Thats always a great part of my day
lvt77 01:49 PM 02-01-2011
What happened good today?? Daycare ended.......lol

This was as positive as I could be after a day like today!!

Great news is that tomorrow is a new day!! Thank you god!!
AfterSchoolMom 05:06 AM 02-02-2011
It's going to be SIXTY SIX degrees here today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only going to have the 3mo until after school today - I think a stroller walk is definitely in our future.
momofboys 05:29 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
It's going to be SIXTY SIX degrees here today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only going to have the 3mo until after school today - I think a stroller walk is definitely in our future.
that's awesome & I am so jealous! I live in an icicle currently. It's probably about 0 degrees here with the windchill & there is ice everywhere. So very jealous but very happy for you! Enjoy!
Little People 06:04 AM 02-02-2011
It was 60 here yesterday and raining though. I want summer to be here!! I want to spend most of our days outside!
momofsix 08:16 AM 02-02-2011
Snow day!!!!! And for the most part I knew last night so didn't have to get up too early!
DCMomOf3 08:40 AM 02-02-2011
The vet called. My little dog was a bit dehydrated, which can happen after throwing up, so will recheck his urine next week. He is also a bit overweight, but he does that every winter so they aren't too concerned with that either since it's a pattern he has. his blood work came back okay. Trying to decide if we should have his thyroid tested.

So happy that the blood work came back ok.
Little People 08:45 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
The vet called. My little dog was a bit dehydrated, which can happen after throwing up, so will recheck his urine next week. He is also a bit overweight, but he does that every winter so they aren't too concerned with that either since it's a pattern he has. his blood work came back okay. Trying to decide if we should have his thyroid tested.

So happy that the blood work came back ok.
I am so happy that your little dog is okay! Years ago I had a poodle that did this, and my vet put her on meds to help, but she would still have one atleast once a month. The vet told me back then (28 years ago) to let her finish and NOT try and stop her, just try to keep things out of her way so she would not get hurt. Then he told me after she would be hyper for a bit and then be tired for a few hours. hth
laundrymom 09:08 AM 02-02-2011
My 12 yr old is making cookies that's my positive for the day!!
Little People 09:15 AM 02-02-2011
My 12 yr old is making cookies that's my positive for the day!!
What kind??
laundrymom 09:17 AM 02-02-2011
Pb, choc chip. And sugar
jojosmommy 10:00 AM 02-02-2011
I split my kids up into different rooms and for once they all played peacefully (2 in each area) for about 30 minutes. I was going from room to room giving compliments instead of breaking up fights.

And my son is interested in wearing big boy underwear.
Little People 10:49 AM 02-02-2011
Pb, choc chip. And sugar
I will be over soon!!
SilverSabre25 12:29 PM 02-02-2011
Super easy afternoon for me!

Naptime started at 1 PM. 2:25, dcg woke up and lay there chattering contentedly for the next hour (and I don't even feel bad about leaving her there that long). The other two dcks were still asleep when I went to get them all at 3:30. So I just got dcg up and figured that if the others could sleep through an hour of dcg's rather loud chatter, they needed the sleep more than diaper changes and naps. One is still sleeping (it's 4:15) and the other got picked up already (and I had to wake him). Oh, the wonders of having a separate, dedicated naproom!

The best part is that the playroom was almost perfectly cleaned up before lunch and has (obviously) stayed that way.

edit: want to add a positive: DD played with playdough during her quiet time and cleaned it up all by herself (and did a REALLY good job!)
ninosqueridos 01:43 PM 02-02-2011
Most of my dck's stayed home with their parents - my family's dinner was done and kitchen cleaned up during naptime!!
MommyMuffin 09:00 AM 02-03-2011
Having a bad day. DCB 2.5yo fell on a car and hit his lip. He is okay! It is so hard keeping him from getting hurt I am going to have a heart attack. Then dcb ran over my daughter hand with a ride on toy. A few minutes ago my dcb 18mo threw his lunch all over. I am worn out....Also, my pregnancy is making me forgetful and I forgot to mail the car payment...ran out of stamps so I searched for hours and finally found one...then I realized that the mail man did not come yesterday because my hubby did not shovel in front of the mailbox after the snow storm....

Anyways my positive point is....I made myself a huge bowl of homestyle potatoes with lots of cheese and ranch....mmmmm this should make me feel all better!!!
SilverSabre25 09:17 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Having a bad day. DCB 2.5yo fell on a car and hit his lip. He is okay! It is so hard keeping him from getting hurt I am going to have a heart attack. Then dcb ran over my daughter hand with a ride on toy. A few minutes ago my dcb 18mo threw his lunch all over. I am worn out....Also, my pregnancy is making me forgetful and I forgot to mail the car payment...ran out of stamps so I searched for hours and finally found one...then I realized that the mail man did not come yesterday because my hubby did not shovel in front of the mailbox after the snow storm....

Anyways my positive point is....I made myself a huge bowl of homestyle potatoes with lots of cheese and ranch....mmmmm this should make me feel all better!!!
Sorry you're having a bad day...but that lunch sounds fabulous! After my "interesting" morning, I'm totally having a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae for lunch
MommyMuffin 09:47 AM 02-03-2011
Sorry you're having a bad day...but that lunch sounds fabulous! After my "interesting" morning, I'm totally having a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae for lunch
Oh nummy. I think I will hot fudge brownie sundae for afternoon snack!! hahah
LindaMJ 08:44 PM 02-06-2011
Got alot done over the weekend, am ready to face the week. Looking forward to Monday! Have a good week all.
SilverSabre25 06:58 AM 02-07-2011
Gave my kiddos (2 15 mos, 20 months, 3 years) a large empty cardboard box. They've left me alone most of the morning!
MommyMuffin 08:55 AM 02-07-2011
I feel so lucky to have this job. I am so thrilled that I get to spend every moment of my daughters day with her. I am the one who gets to decide what she has for lunch. I get to influence her manners and numbers and letters. I know exactly what she does each day. I am able to teach her about God everyday.

I dont pick her up from daycare at 5 and wonder what she did all day and get to spend only 3 hours at night with her when I am too exhaused to make anything great for dinner or teach her things.

I am pregnant and will get to spend everyday breastfeeding and seeing every new moment with my new baby. No more sitting in work office pumping milk...nope I will actually get to breastfeed when my baby is hungry.

I know not every mother is lucky enough to do daycare. Glad I can make the little income I make go so far.

I feel very lucky and I would not give up this time with my child for anything.
SilverSabre25 09:03 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
I feel so lucky to have this job. I am so thrilled that I get to spend every moment of my daughters day with her. I am the one who gets to decide what she has for lunch. I get to influence her manners and numbers and letters. I know exactly what she does each day. I am able to teach her about God everyday.

I dont pick her up from daycare at 5 and wonder what she did all day and get to spend only 3 hours at night with her when I am too exhaused to make anything great for dinner or teach her things.

I am pregnant and will get to spend everyday breastfeeding and seeing every new moment with my new baby. No more sitting in work office pumping milk...nope I will actually get to breastfeed when my baby is hungry.

I know not every mother is lucky enough to do daycare. Glad I can make the little income I make go so far.

I feel very lucky and I would not give up this time with my child for anything.
I could have written this exact post. This is why I do daycare, too.
littlemonkeys 10:43 PM 02-07-2011
Today I received a call on my home phone inquiring about my daycare. It took me by surprise since I've only ever advertised my cell phone number and have only put ads out on Craig’s list. Anyways, I asked where/ who referred her and she said yellowpages.com?? I've never advertised with them and have no idea how they got my info?? Strange!

It's for a 4 month old FT little girl and she also has a 6yo and 8yo child that would also need afterschool daycare. Only downside it she didn't schedule and interview yet... she said she was interested and would call back. I really hope the mom calls back. I really only have an opening for 1 dck, but would love to fill two spots so I can term my colicky preemie.
DCMomOf3 05:17 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys:
Today I received a call on my home phone inquiring about my daycare. It took me by surprise since I've only ever advertised my cell phone number and have only put ads out on Craig’s list. Anyways, I asked where/ who referred her and she said yellowpages.com?? I've never advertised with them and have no idea how they got my info?? Strange!

It's for a 4 month old FT little girl and she also has a 6yo and 8yo child that would also need afterschool daycare. Only downside it she didn't schedule and interview yet... she said she was interested and would call back. I really hope the mom calls back. I really only have an opening for 1 dck, but would love to fill two spots so I can term my colicky preemie.
Are you listed in the business listings?
littlemonkeys 07:05 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
Are you listed in the business listings?
I'm listed under childcare and you put in my zip code and it brings up a list of like 10 or so and I'm #6. It has my name, address, and phone number and says I specialize in daycare, childcare, preschool and nursery care. I was shocked when I saw it since I've never posted an ad with them and I'm just wondering how they got my unlisted home phone number?? But definitely appreciated the free advertisement and hopefully it will help bring in a couple of dck's since I have a new opening!!
laundrymom 05:49 PM 02-08-2011
I met my new baby!!!!! About 15 hours old and just perfect!!!!!!
littlemonkeys 07:06 PM 02-08-2011
I met my new baby!!!!! About 15 hours old and just perfect!!!!!!
Where's the like button!!!

That's awesome!! Congrats!
kendallina 11:10 AM 02-09-2011
So, after several months of doing just the preschool, I have decided that I need to expand to allow for drop-ins or part-timers or something. We're just not making it on my preschool pay alone. And, as luck would have it, a friend of a friend contacted me this weekend and is interested in 8am-3:30pm 4-5 days/week!! WHOO HOO! The amount that I bring in from this family weekly would be equal to the amount I bring in for one preschool child for a month! Whew...I really really hope it works out.
sahm2three 11:28 AM 02-09-2011
It's been a pretty good day! We have had our normal issues (hitting, kicking, wrestling) but for the most part, not terrible! We had a newborn start on Monday and she is fantastic!!! Babies are like little bundles of euphoria!!!
kendallina 12:03 PM 02-09-2011
And my DD is taking the Longest.Nap.Ever! It's been a nice and relaxing break and soon it will be time to go back to the real world, which is fine.
DCMomOf3 12:47 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
So, after several months of doing just the preschool, I have decided that I need to expand to allow for drop-ins or part-timers or something. We're just not making it on my preschool pay alone. And, as luck would have it, a friend of a friend contacted me this weekend and is interested in 8am-3:30pm 4-5 days/week!! WHOO HOO! The amount that I bring in from this family weekly would be equal to the amount I bring in for one preschool child for a month! Whew...I really really hope it works out.
that would be great! tell us how it goes.
SilverSabre25 11:08 AM 02-14-2011
New 8 month old sweetie started this morning. She's a little angel but has never been away from mom and dad--not even for a couple hours with grandma. She's been fussy and needing lots of snuggles, which I'm more than happy to provide. Right now though I'm making her sit on the floor with some most excellent toys and figure out that it's okay to be playing sometimes, lol. I know, I'm horrible aren't I? My 3 yo DD is laying there playing with her, talking to her, and trying to teach her the sign for milk. So darn CUTE! I think my DD is going to make an excellent big sister when our baby is born in a few months.
AfterSchoolMom 02:18 PM 02-14-2011
Today I took off to spend the day w/ my own DS, as it was his birthday. We spent the day talking, had lunch, made brownies.. I got to spend some quality one on one time with him and it was a great and relaxing day!!!
Zoe 10:28 AM 02-15-2011
My DS and my 2.5 yo dcg are both potty training right now and are both wearing underwear. This week, a light bulb has gone off and they're using the potty without me even asking if they have to go!!!

I haven't had to change a diaper all day!
happykidschildcare 02:09 PM 02-15-2011
actually yesterday...valentines party so much fun watching the kids pass out and share things they made for others. Brings you back to WHY we do what we do everyday. I have to admit there are more rewarding days then not so good days....Today my licensor showed up, I was sorta expecting her Its been 3 weeks since she did a drop in and said she would return by the end of the feb...a lil late but I got all the things completed on my *yellow forms* even after 7 + years of licensed care I still get written up for this or the other...small things that are usually fixed in a few days... Oh well all went pretty well.
DCMomOf3 06:05 AM 02-16-2011
I love it when my DCKs give me big hugs and kisses... even when the kisses are wet with a clear runny nose I didn't notice.
SilverSabre25 10:34 AM 02-21-2011
Stuck up for myself and my policies today. DCB got here this morning and mom told me that he was sick over the weekend but the fever's gone, he just seems tired still. She said to call if he was "too much of a handful".

Well, far from being a handful, the poor little guy just laid around listlessly all morning, barely ate snack, and threw up at the lunch table (not much, thankfully!). I normally would have just let him stay since it was almost naptime and he leaves shortly after he gets up from nap, but I decided to call mom and have him picked up on account of the vomit. I changed his diaper before she got here and he had what looked like pure-water diarrhea (not much, but totally liquid)--this after a very smelly, green, slimy, loose diaper this morning.

DCM got here promptly and said that she'll keep me posted, but he probably won't be here on Wednesday (his next scheduled day), and is going to the doc this afternoon.

Sticking up for myself felt good
AfterSchoolMom 02:29 PM 02-21-2011
Had a very nice, relaxing day here today! My kids are home because of President's Day and I didn't have any SA's, and I only had one of my two littles. We went out to lunch and hung around watching TV while the baby napped. Ahhhhh!
jessrlee 01:41 PM 02-22-2011
Hubs scheduled our honeymoon today! (We have been married 5 years) When he gets home in August we are headed on a cruise! I can't wait!
daymommy 12:22 PM 02-23-2011
I had one of my Mom's email me today saying she was thinking of taking a day off in the next month or so and would like to use it to come help me so I could get out and take the kids on a field trip. I live in a fairly rural environment and we had been talking recently about how it would be nice if I could walk places with the kids (library, park, etc) because I have too many for the van.

I couldn't believe the offer! If I look at most of my kids' attendence records you would think their parents never got a vacation day. They use them for and I quote "me time".
littlemonkeys 02:25 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by daymommy:
I had one of my Mom's email me today saying she was thinking of taking a day off in the next month or so and would like to use it to come help me so I could get out and take the kids on a field trip. I live in a fairly rural environment and we had been talking recently about how it would be nice if I could walk places with the kids (library, park, etc) because I have too many for the van.

I couldn't believe the offer! If I look at most of my kids' attendence records you would think their parents never got a vacation day. They use them for and I quote "me time".
That's awesome and so sweet for her to offer!
Cat Herder 08:19 AM 02-24-2011
I only have one DCK and he is an infant/sleeping like a rock (8 weeks)... I don't know what to do with myself.

Laundry is done, floors are mopped, cribs are made up for tomorrow, dinner is cooked, bills are paid, I am watching a netflix movie as we speak (social network is fun, btw...I love a fellow smart-arse ), my kids wont be home for another 4 hours....but I still can't leave this room...

Such an awkward feeling....but a pretty good day, still...
MommyMuffin 08:22 AM 02-24-2011
I miss my other dcks...1 in on vacation and another one is very sick..so I only have my 2 yo and 2yo dcb....easy day. Having a little break is nice. I even was able to watch my aunts newborn so she could get some much needed sleep.

Today for nap I will read my new Parenting magazine and my new book about daycare transitions and routines. Sounds like a great day is ahead!
momofsix 11:12 AM 02-24-2011
Today is my friday!!! My DD is covering the daycare for me tomorrow. I get to leave in the morning for the whole weekend and work on my scrapbooking! A dear friend owns a scrapbooking B&B and I have a gift cert for it!!! I hope to get a ton accomplished! And the best part-my GC includes a one hour massage I can't wait until tomorrow!
MommyMuffin 05:54 PM 02-24-2011
Just feeling very lucky to have a job. Lucky that my husband has a job. Feeling so thankful that I have a home for my family and my child is fed and warm in bed right now. Lucky that my new baby will be born and have a home and a crib and food.
I was watching a show about pregnant homeless people and it made me really think about how much extra I have. Sometimes it feels good just to remind myself of how blessed I am.
Daycare can be stressful at times, like most jobs but boy do I feel thankful that people bring their children to me and I am surviving in this economy. My husband is gone a lot working and it makes me sad and mad but when I think of how lucky I am that he has a job I suddenly dont feel so sad or mad at him for being gone so much. Thanks be to God.
SilverSabre25 02:39 PM 02-28-2011
I simply must share the uber-cuteness that showed up on my Facebook wall this afternoon. It's a picture of a 10-day old Humboldt penguin chick at my local zoo. The flippers...the beak...the FUZZ!!!

I want one!! (can you tell I might like penguins?)
Attached: baby penguin.jpg (67.4 KB) 
pinkbunny85 04:25 PM 02-28-2011
I simply must share the uber-cuteness that showed up on my Facebook wall this afternoon. It's a picture of a 10-day old Humboldt penguin chick at my local zoo. The flippers...the beak...the FUZZ!!!

I want one!! (can you tell I might like penguins?)
sooooo soooooo cute! I love penguins. and everytime I see one I want it.
MommyMuffin 07:37 AM 03-01-2011
I have a PT infant spot until the end of july. Was not going to fill it because of the short time. A member of my family needs care for a little while. That is good news! I want to make extra money because I have been dreaming about all the fun stuff we are going to need for summer time fun!!!
laundrymom 05:10 PM 03-01-2011
Today was a fun day. That-- above all else, is what makes my job phenomenal
momofsix 05:30 PM 03-03-2011
What happened good today is that I got my bags packed to go visit my DD!!! She's stationed in Phoenix right now (warm weather,) and we're also going to the grand canyon and to Vegas!!! I am so excited!
Christian Mother 06:46 PM 03-03-2011
Had a wonderful talk today with my DCD about lingering....It went so much better then I thought it would. I was so worried and sick as to what this parent would say as DCM said dad would be talking to me...scarryyyyy I have been having a rough time with them lately and with dad having OCD...it's been kind of diff. to please him. He wants what he wants...

But all went sooo well..I felt really calm...I am not sure why?!! I was able to tell him everything I had been wanting to say with out offending him making it clear that I don't bend rules or favor my children over others..no specialization at all in my daycare...not to mention pick up needing to be fast no more lingering. I have to say though.. The kids where just in such a great mood we where able to do all of our activities and there cute replys and questions just had my heart singing!! Not to mention this weather...AZ weather is awesome!! My little peanuts would rather be out in the sunshine then be in all day and how can I deprive them...So we played out side for most of the day other then doing our Songs, Reading, Color and Shapes, and Coloring pictures. I am sooo blessed in this profession!!
LindaMJ 08:58 PM 03-03-2011
Today was a fun day. That-- above all else, is what makes my job phenomenal
I can relate to this! Thanks for sharing!
LindaMJ 09:00 PM 03-03-2011
BTW, laundrymom, I LOVE your pic! Because I LOVE snow! (And I don't like rain!). Thanks for sharing.
Cat Herder 06:22 AM 03-04-2011
My DCP's get me.....

After a rough drop off this morning where EVERY ONE of my DCK's were dropped off asleep and subsequently whined throughout breakfast....

DCM texts.... "I am so sorry about this morning. How is he?"

I text back...."Lucky he is cute..."

DCM texts back...."God, I love you!! We got subs delivered to the office this morning, want me to steal you a seafood one?"

Yep, that turned my morning around ....and I am getting a yummy seafood sub with the baby spinach and beansprouts...
SilverSabre25 06:23 AM 03-04-2011
Today is Friday.

One girl is home sick for the second day in a row (and I'm so glad her parents finally kept her home!). I have an extra kid today (Yay extra money!). Two kids are leaving two hours early (including the extra one!).

One week until I'm on a nice four-day break in which I get to paint and reorganize half my house.

Those are my three positives for the day.
laundrymom 01:07 PM 03-05-2011
My mom was hit by a truck today walking into grocery and is not being admitted.
SilverSabre25 03:12 PM 03-05-2011
My mom was hit by a truck today walking into grocery and is not being admitted.
Yikes!!! I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured!
laundrymom 04:51 PM 03-05-2011
Yikes!!! I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured!
Broken tailbone. Bruised but very lucky. Chipped her tooth, bent her glasses. But at 60 yrs. Not too bad.
SilverSabre25 02:10 PM 03-07-2011
Woke up from a dream about giving birth this morning...it was such a vivid dream that I was left with the STRONG good emotions from holding my baby and cuddling him, and from the super, super positive birth experience I had in the dream. In fact, it was so vivid that I couldn't figure out at first whether I was still pregnant! (I am, of course, lol, but I did have to poke my tummy until the baby squirmed, just to make sure!)

Now I'm super enthusiastic and excited for the birth...I've been nervous about it because I have such a strong desire for it to turn out a particular way and I'm nervous about another hospital birth, but the dream was SO GOOD that I have hope that it'll come true.
SilverSabre25 06:04 AM 03-09-2011
I have today, then tomorrow (when my DH is home all day, so it's really kind of a half day for me), and then a four day weekend!! My first REAL break since I don't know when!
MommyMuffin 07:31 AM 03-10-2011
Wow I cant belive it is thursday already!!!

We found out that we are having a baby boy! We have a 2 year old girl, so having a boy will be so much fun. I am so happy that with this little baby I will get to be home with him during the important years of his life.

Side Note: I am really craving smoothies!!
SimpleMom 10:37 AM 03-10-2011
my daycare children all played well today, they arestarting to feel better. i had a fun, yet simple meal and everyone pretty much cleaned their plates!
momatheart 12:16 PM 03-10-2011
Had a good cry and wrote out a vent regarding my job at the center and I feel so much better!
Cat Herder 12:56 PM 03-10-2011
I spiked a "teething" fever with aches/dizzyness so DH has the daycare kids.....

I got my motrin and Z-pack on and should be right as rain soon.

Hope everyone has had a good day...
kendallina 12:29 PM 03-11-2011
It's Friday! Friday! Friday!

I don't post in the positive thread much, but it brightens my day everytime I read it.

I'm finally getting my Preschool Summer Camp in order and getting ready to advertise and sign up families (wish me luck!) AND I'm excited for some changes that I'll be making to the fall program!
AmandasFCC 12:55 PM 03-11-2011
My student loan was approved and deposited, including the maximum available grant, and I've started my first course towards getting my ECE! I'm pretty stoked!
kidkair 03:03 PM 03-11-2011
I got FunShine Express's Fireflies curriculum delivered today and get to start on Monday!

I have a four day week next week!

And it's going to be warm!
Cat Herder 03:43 PM 03-14-2011
This morning I got "Thank You!" flowers from DCP and a "Good Catch! Keep up the great work." on a return to daycare note from a pediatrician.....

Thats like winning the lottery for me.....

The rest of the day was gravy.....sunshine and all
SilverSabre25 06:18 AM 03-15-2011
First day back after a 4-day break, and amazingly, my almost 3 yo DCB is ACTUALLY able to answer questions at an almost age-appropriate level!! I'm so happy! I asked him this morning why he was crying and he was able to tell me that it was because he spilled his cereal, and just now I asked him why he was angry and he told me "because baby knocked 'em down" (he was setting up bowling pins). YAY!!! Life just got simpler!

He came to me in October from a pretty bad daycare (the reason he left was because the provider took a nap and he got outside and was picked up by the police; the provider didn't even notice he was missing for several hours!) and was basically not talking at all. That he's come this far in 5 months warms my heart SO much!
Little People 06:28 AM 03-15-2011
First day back after a 4-day break, and amazingly, my almost 3 yo DCB is ACTUALLY able to answer questions at an almost age-appropriate level!! I'm so happy! I asked him this morning why he was crying and he was able to tell me that it was because he spilled his cereal, and just now I asked him why he was angry and he told me "because baby knocked 'em down" (he was setting up bowling pins). YAY!!! Life just got simpler!

He came to me in October from a pretty bad daycare (the reason he left was because the provider took a nap and he got outside and was picked up by the police; the provider didn't even notice he was missing for several hours!) and was basically not talking at all. That he's come this far in 5 months warms my heart SO much!
That sent chills up my spine! Poor little guy!
sahm2three 02:19 PM 03-15-2011
It has been sooooo nice here that we have been spending a lot of time outside and the kids have been sleeping awesome! All that fresh air does a body good! Yay me! I have gotten a bit of a break the last couple days!
Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 5 6 7 8 9 17  ... Last
Reply Up