Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This is Why DCPs Quit
Unregistered 01:34 PM 03-08-2013
I can't remember my password and I'm not a regular member but I really REALLY need to vent ********.

I had an issue with a DCG that warrented an emergency call and me keeping her stable until the ambulance arrived due to an, at the time, unknown easily and quickly treated condition.

DCG missed 1.5 days because of this and DCP's docked it off the next two weeks fees.

I am SEETHING with anger over this. No thank you for saving our daughter just 1.5 days taken off todays fees.
NeedaVaca 01:37 PM 03-08-2013
I'm sorry! Do you have a contract? Are they contracted to pay regardless of whether they are there or not? If so, let them know they made a mistake regarding payment and you will not be able to watch DCG until payment is made in full!
Unregistered 01:40 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I'm sorry! Do you have a contract? Are they contracted to pay regardless of whether they are there or not? If so, let them know they made a mistake regarding payment and you will not be able to watch DCG until payment is made in full!
I have a rock solid lawyered up contract. Days booked are days paid no matter what. I think I'm more upset about the lack of gratitude from them then anything else. They've been with me for a long time and there is no way they didn't know about this policy. The fee missing was exactly 1.5 days down to the 50 cents.
Holiday Park 01:50 PM 03-08-2013
Well do you also have late payment fees in the contract? Guess they will have some hefty late payment fees for not really paying on time since they didnt give you the true full amount.
MarinaVanessa 01:50 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a rock solid lawyered up contract. Days booked are days paid no matter what. I think I'm more upset about the lack of gratitude from them then anything else. They've been with me for a long time and there is no way they didn't know about this policy. The fee missing was exactly 1.5 days down to the 50 cents.
I'd be more upset about this part also. I'd be so mad that I'd just smile and say "Okay, that's fine. I'll have a notice of termination of service for you ready by tomorrow morning"

At that point I would be so disappointed with the whole situation that I wouldn't want to keep working with them any longer.
MissAnn 02:29 PM 03-08-2013
I can't remember my password and I'm not a regular member but I really REALLY need to vent ********.

I had an issue with a DCG that warrented an emergency call and me keeping her stable until the ambulance arrived due to an, at the time, unknown easily and quickly treated condition.

DCG missed 1.5 days because of this and DCP's docked it off the next two weeks fees.

I am SEETHING with anger over this. No thank you for saving our daughter just 1.5 days taken off todays fees.
Was the emergency something they are wanting to blame on you? I just can't understand why they aren't falling all over themselves thanking you!
Unregistered 02:33 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Was the emergency something they are wanting to blame on you? I just can't understand why they aren't falling all over themselves thanking you!
No. The emergency was medically documented to have had nothing to do with me or my daycare. It was an undiagnosed issue.

I can't understand either why they would at the very least say thank you.
Unregistered 02:35 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'd be more upset about this part also. I'd be so mad that I'd just smile and say "Okay, that's fine. I'll have a notice of termination of service for you ready by tomorrow morning"

At that point I would be so disappointed with the whole situation that I wouldn't want to keep working with them any longer.
They will be handed their NoTerm at pick up today. No matter if they want to pay up or say sorry/thank you I have no desire to have this family as clients any longer.
MarinaVanessa 02:39 PM 03-08-2013
They will be handed their NoTerm at pick up today. No matter if they want to pay up or say sorry/thank you I have no desire to have this family as clients any longer.
I guess we are both in the terming mood today
MissAnn 02:42 PM 03-08-2013
I am so sorry. They don't understand sometimes that WE have feelings. That had to be an extremely scary and emotional experience for you! You handled it and dcg is fine now! Thanks to you! They should pay full fees (duh) and send you flowers! I'd be very hurt!
daycarediva 03:12 PM 03-08-2013
This would be me as well. That is such a show of disrespect that I would no longer want to have them in my home.

Since dcp's didn't say it- THANK YOU for doing everything you could for this little one!
Starburst 04:56 PM 03-08-2013
Sometimes this can be a thankless field- espesually when you are the boss and work alone all day with kids who can barely understand how to show appriciation and parents who take advantage of situations. Working with kids is rewarding in itself, but often thankless for the little (and even big) things you do to help make their day or help them learn.
NeedaVaca 05:01 PM 03-08-2013
So what happened when you gave them the term papers? Were they shocked?
Evansmom 05:48 PM 03-08-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
Sometimes this can be a thankless field- espesually when you are the boss and work alone all day with kids who can barely understand how to show appriciation and parents who take advantage of situations. Working with kids is rewarding in itself, but often thankless for the little (and even big) things you do to help make their day or help them learn.

Scout 06:49 PM 03-08-2013
Wow, how terrible. I can't imagine not crying to my provider if this had been my child saved! Heck, I got teary eyed with my son's preschool teacher vowing to us that she will do everything in her power to keep our children safe while she herself was getting choked up(this was right after Sandy Hook). Her emotions left me feeling sappy just by saying that! I can't imagine if she had actually saved him! Good grief! You are better off!
sahm1225 03:43 PM 03-09-2013
update? Did you give them a term letter?
Unregistered 07:38 AM 03-11-2013
So I did give them a term letter at pick up. They tried to barter with me all weekend but I held my ground. DCM said it was a mistake and she came over with the remainder. When she came over I showed her the cheque memo where she had written "refund 1.5days" and asked how then that could be a mistake?!
Sheesh.
I still took the remainder cheque and said thank you for making your payment in full. I told her I was disapointed in her lack of character and let her know this disapointed and hurt me greatly and I would not be able to work with them after 2 weeks because it had damaged my relationship with them.

She ROLLED HER EYES AT ME and huffed off.

Classy.
NeedaVaca 07:51 AM 03-11-2013
Wow! I can't believe she wrote refund on the check and said it was a mistake!! Good for you for standing your ground. Hopefully you get a great replacement family that respects you
MarinaVanessa 09:00 AM 03-11-2013
Well it was a mistake, a mistake on her part ... as in she should have just followed your policies as written and paid you in full to begin with but she didn't and THAT was her mistake. That alone would be enough to earn her a termination letter so what did she expect? Add to that all the stuff that happened with her child and the stress and care that you gave to her child while during a medical emergency .. .

She's just angry at herself and she should be. She made a HUGE mistake.

Hang in there, just 2 weeks to go.
DaisyMamma 03:39 PM 03-11-2013
Did she even show up again?
Tags:medical emergency, no pay
Reply Up