Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Where do I deduct my rent?
holly333 04:19 PM 08-01-2014
So yes, I'm a procrastinator and filed an extension on last years taxes. I'm trying to get them done on taxact and have a question. I rent my home and it's quite expensive so I want to be sure that I am able to deduct as much as possible. Do I enter my time percentage of rent in my office expenses (sched C) or business use of home? It makes quite a difference in my refund ($2000!) so I want to be sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks so much for any help!!
NightOwl 06:10 PM 08-01-2014
I'm thinking it's business use of home, but nowhere near positive. I bet BC or Michael knows!
TomCopeland 07:23 AM 08-02-2014
Originally Posted by holly333:
So yes, I'm a procrastinator and filed an extension on last years taxes. I'm trying to get them done on taxact and have a question. I rent my home and it's quite expensive so I want to be sure that I am able to deduct as much as possible. Do I enter my time percentage of rent in my office expenses (sched C) or business use of home? It makes quite a difference in my refund ($2000!) so I want to be sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks so much for any help!!
Deduct the time-space % of your rent on Form 8829 Expenses for Business Use of Your Home..
holly333 01:12 PM 08-04-2014
Thank you!
Reply Up