Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Receipts
blueskiesbutterflies 06:35 AM 03-18-2015
I normally do not give weekly receipts for my daycare clients because we give an end of year statement. I have a new one starting and asking for a receipt each week. I really do not wish to do it because of the ink and paper that I am limited too with a HP ink club.

Does anyone give out weekly receipts?
laundrymom 06:51 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by blueskiesbutterflies:
I normally do not give weekly receipts for my daycare clients because we give an end of year statement. I have a new one starting and asking for a receipt each week. I really do not wish to do it because of the ink and paper that I am limited too with a HP ink club.

Have them bring it and sign for them. Or buy a cheap carbonless receipt book. That's what I use.
Baby Beluga 07:01 AM 03-18-2015
I email weekly receipts - perhaps that would work for you?
daycare 07:13 AM 03-18-2015
too much work for me... I give one invoice/rct each month. saves a ton of time and headache.

I email them and I don't give duplicate copies without charging a few.
Second Home 07:31 AM 03-18-2015
I give weekly receipts . You can buy receipt books with 2 copies at walmart ( I think here they are under 6 dollars).
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 03-18-2015
I have 14 different families. Some pay weekly, some pay bi-weekly and some pay monthly.

ALL of them get a written receipt for every payment made.

Regardless of how they pay:

Bank transfer
Personal check
Certified check
Money order
Cash

EVERYONE gets a receipt.

I don't always think I have time to write one but I KNOW I don't have time to figure out any discrepancies so issuing a receipt is a simple and easy way to track payments. (I also use a carbon copy receipt book from Walmart...costs less than $5 and has 200 receipts in each book)
LysesKids 08:41 AM 03-18-2015
I give receipts weekly or monthly depending on family (especially for cash payments); it states right in my policies that they are responsible to keep track of their payments for tax reasons... if they need duplicates, I charge.
laundrymom 09:41 AM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I give receipts weekly or monthly depending on family (especially for cash payments); it states right in my policies that they are responsible to keep track of their payments for tax reasons... if they need duplicates, I charge.
How much is your fee?
Shell 09:56 AM 03-18-2015

I only have one that needs a monthly receipt for some flex account at his work.
I just email it- I break it down by week and total it. I put my name and EIN.

Everyone else gets a year end statement. That's it
Gemma 10:07 AM 03-18-2015

I do! I buy receipt books so I have a copy of every payment.
Unregistered 11:16 AM 03-18-2015
I give out receipts to any one who wants it. I bill weeekly. I offer year end receipts also. The minute menu bookkeeping program let's the parents print off invoices showing payments. One of my families said that's all she needs. Another family wants receipts emailed. I use adobe electronic signature and email.
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:26 AM 03-18-2015
Just now I was printing out receipts, thinking "Ca-ching! Ca-ching!" with all the paper and ink, and wondering how I could make this cheaper. Most of my DCFs want receipts for flex accounts, and all at different times (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly) so it's a real pain in the wa-zoo.

THANK YOU for the suggestion of the cheap receipt books from Wally World!!!

I will give every family one of these with every payment, and just a printed year-end one. Looks like I'm going shopping tonight!
LysesKids 12:10 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
How much is your fee?
for hunting it down?

I charge $1 for the time, trouble & copy materials per receipt (I have 3 books)... I found most don't ask a 2nd time for a paper receipt because I tell them it will be 48 hrs before they get it and then only if my taxes are done already ( I get requests only at tax time)

Parents who pay credit get receipts from square directly to their email or phone plus they get credit card statements with my business name attached; there is no reason I should have to hunt down which credit payments are a particular families because they don't want to take the trouble... I have 2 that pay by credit and 4 that pay cash (all part timers).

I do place a note each time I run a card, which child it is for, so I don't have to guess whose is whose, I just look at all the transactions and go to one needed and send a 2nd receipt... saves copying, but I still charge $1 for the time it took
Thriftylady 12:39 PM 03-18-2015
I use the walmart receipt book. I just don't like the format of them. I want more open space to write on them. Has anyone found a carbonless one they like better?
LysesKids 01:47 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I use the walmart receipt book. I just don't like the format of them. I want more open space to write on them. Has anyone found a carbonless one they like better?
YES, It's the Bridgeport Carbonless Cash receipt book from Big Lots lol... 50 copies total for $3 (8.43x5.56); it has 6 full lines for writing on underneath all the other info , including signature line and they have receipt #'s printed on them
Thriftylady 03:46 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
YES, It's the Bridgeport Carbonless Cash receipt book from Big Lots lol... 50 copies total for $3 (8.43x5.56); it has 6 full lines for writing on underneath all the other info , including signature line and they have receipt #'s printed on them
I'll pop in when I am in town! Thanks!
Reply Up