Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Re-Do
midaycare 05:23 AM 09-04-2015
I'm attempting to change things around in the daycare this weekend as much as possible. I am painting a few of the walls and making it a bit more organized. Anyhoo... I have a daycare theme of "In the Woods" - does anyone have any ideas for me that would make a good decoration, permenant center area, etc?

I am not the most creative when it comes to this stuff - please help!
rosieteddy 05:29 AM 09-04-2015
You could get a tree decal.I love that idea.A woods poster would also work if big enough.I covered regular posters with contact clear paper and they have lasted for years.
childcaremom 05:45 AM 09-04-2015
I had a giant tree in the corner that I made out of bristol board. You could easily paint it. I then changed seasonally what was on it. So green leaves, fall leaves, apples, bare, etc etc.

I have a nature table that is set up seasonally, as well. You could have figurines for forest animals, trees, etc. I have also put out playdough on a tray, leaves, pinecones, acorns, branch blocks, etc

In the winter, have a hibernation corner for reading, relaxing, etc. Could even just be a cave for year round set up.

Add forest animals, trees, etc to your block area.

Make believe area: fairies, gnomes, other mini figures that you might find in the woods. Playsilks, etc.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:22 AM 09-04-2015
Big beautiful branches: in a tall vase, or hanging from the ceiling, or used as curtain rods.

A stump used as a small table or ottoman or stool.

Tree blocks.

Lots of natural loose parts: pinecones, acorns, chestnuts, whatever your local woods has to offer.
midaycare 06:49 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
You could get a tree decal.I love that idea.A woods poster would also work if big enough.I covered regular posters with contact clear paper and they have lasted for years.
I love decals . What is a woods poster? Is that something specific or just a poster of the woods?
midaycare 06:51 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I had a giant tree in the corner that I made out of bristol board. You could easily paint it. I then changed seasonally what was on it. So green leaves, fall leaves, apples, bare, etc etc.

I have a nature table that is set up seasonally, as well. You could have figurines for forest animals, trees, etc. I have also put out playdough on a tray, leaves, pinecones, acorns, branch blocks, etc

In the winter, have a hibernation corner for reading, relaxing, etc. Could even just be a cave for year round set up.

Add forest animals, trees, etc to your block area.

Make believe area: fairies, gnomes, other mini figures that you might find in the woods. Playsilks, etc.
Great ideas! I've been thinking of a tree, but I can't seem to find a picture on Pinterest on one I can actually do. Do you have a pic of the tree you had?
midaycare 06:53 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
Big beautiful branches: in a tall vase, or hanging from the ceiling, or used as curtain rods.

A stump used as a small table or ottoman or stool.

Tree blocks.

Lots of natural loose parts: pinecones, acorns, chestnuts, whatever your local woods has to offer.
I never thought of bringing this stuff indoors ... I have it all in the outdoor space. Great thoughts! And the curtain rod idea - genius!
childcaremom 08:30 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Great ideas! I've been thinking of a tree, but I can't seem to find a picture on Pinterest on one I can actually do. Do you have a pic of the tree you had?
No. And my dh drew it. It was a trunk with branches. The trunk was brown bristol board (and the branches). I had a green bushy top to put on in the spring/summer months.

It was in a corner... so half of the tree on one side and half on the other.Does that make sense?
mim 08:37 AM 09-04-2015
They have a lot of different kind of tree decals on etsy. Then you can get little forest animal decals too for the wall.
I like the cave idea too.
permanentvacation 08:40 AM 09-04-2015
If you type 'daycare trees' in Google then click on images, you might get some ideas.
Baby lady 09:49 AM 09-04-2015
Wallies tree decal on Amazon

http://smile.amazon.com/RoomMates-RM...s=Wallies+Tree
Blackcat31 09:58 AM 09-04-2015
Here's my tree.... I've had it for years and am actually thinking of painting over it...
Attached: image_zpsykf3tepr (1).jpg (69.5 KB) 
midaycare 10:08 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here's my tree.... I've had it for years and am actually thinking of painting over it...
Very cute! Just need a change?
Annalee 10:16 AM 09-04-2015
I think a tree is the way to go. We have a tree painted on the wall and each month put a different thing on the branches...january snowflakes, february hearts, march kites....etc......The fire codes are so strict here having things painted on the wall goes a long way...because we are limited to the paper bulletin boards we can use.
Blackcat31 12:21 PM 09-04-2015
Very cute! Just need a change?
I honestly just hate Winnie the Pooh.

I didn't like it the day it was done but the kids did so I grimaced, I mean grinned and beared it but now I suppose I do NEED the change...

I don't know if many of my current kiddos even know who Winnie the Pooh even is...
daycare 12:50 PM 09-04-2015
I would love a redo. we are very shabby chic? I think that is what it is called.

we have a lot of wood and chalk boards.

but I do like this. I would probably not use the bright green though, I would use a more natural green or just wood

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/37999190576736891/
NillaWafers 04:31 PM 09-04-2015
I'm attempting to change things around in the daycare this weekend as much as possible. I am painting a few of the walls and making it a bit more organized. Anyhoo... I have a daycare theme of "In the Woods" - does anyone have any ideas for me that would make a good decoration, permenant center area, etc?

I am not the most creative when it comes to this stuff - please help!
I have a woodsish theme in my playroom. You can see pics on my website.
www.lilsprouts.net
Gemma 05:57 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

I.
That's a great idea! ...why didn't I think of that
mommiebookworm 06:04 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
www.lilsprouts.net
I like the alphabet and tree decals you have. Where did you get them?
NillaWafers 09:55 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
I like the alphabet and tree decals you have. Where did you get them?
I got them both from Amazon.

Here is the tree: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

and the letters: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
midaycare 06:52 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
www.lilsprouts.net
Love it! Thanks for sharing!
midaycare 06:54 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would love a redo. we are very shabby chic? I think that is what it is called.

we have a lot of wood and chalk boards.

but I do like this. I would probably not use the bright green though, I would use a more natural green or just wood

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/37999190576736891/
This is gorgeous. I love the way it is in organized sections. This may be my long term goal.
midaycare 06:59 AM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I honestly just hate Winnie the Pooh.

I didn't like it the day it was done but the kids did so I grimaced, I mean grinned and beared it but now I suppose I do NEED the change...

I don't know if many of my current kiddos even know who Winnie the Pooh even is...
I've never been a fan of Winnie, either. The characters kind of annoy me. But I decorated ds's room in Winne the Pooh and friends when he was a baby because at that time there was adorable "softened" baby characters.

I do think Winnie and friends are very cute to look at. But if you watch anything with them in it or read their books .... It's painful.

Did you paint that yourself? It's very well done.
Reply Up