Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Certification Information?
TwinMama 11:42 AM 03-18-2016
So....I'm usually certified in the health field, but....I quit my job to stay home. I'm glad I did, but I was wondering....are their any certifications out there, or anything that any of you did to further your education in this field?
MunchkinWrangler 11:59 AM 03-18-2016
My licensing requires that I have certain certifications. Infant and pediatric first aid and cpr. Safe sleep and AHT certified. Certifications for behavior guidance and safe supervision are also required. You can get ECE or child development certs but I think some of them end up being 2 year degrees.
Blackcat31 12:20 PM 03-18-2016
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
So....I'm usually certified in the health field, but....I quit my job to stay home. I'm glad I did, but I was wondering....are their any certifications out there, or anything that any of you did to further your education in this field?
My state requires specific trainings but they dont require any specific certificates or diplomas but I feel that with the implementation of QRIS, eventually all providers will be required to have at the very least a CDA (child development certification).

When I first opened my child care, I had a CDA but as a home visitor/assistant teacher for Head Start. An opportunity to earn my CDA as a child care provider (for free) came up so I jumped at the chance and completed it.

It requires continuing education to keep it valid but I ended up enrolling in college and earning my BA degree in ECE.

My state's QRIS program scores you according to the level of education you have.

I recommend as many trainings, certificates and diplomas you can get.... I am a firm believer that education is power and while a program can certainly be a quality program without the certificates/degrees etc, the additional knowledge/education simply has no negatives in my opinion.
Tags:certification, cpr certified, first aid
Reply Up