Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pro-Rating Tution
Baby Beluga 06:27 AM 05-03-2016
I have to close early two days in one week over the summer. One day I close 2 hours early and one day I close at noon (4.5 hours early). Should I prorate tuition for the day I close at noon? I have never prorated a day for closing early. But then again I have always only closed 1-2 hours early.

FWIW - handbook states parents will be credited tuition for any day that I have to close. To me means a full day and not an early closure. What do you think?

BTW, this will be addressed in my next HB revision
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have to close early two days in one week over the summer. One day I close 2 hours early and one day I close at noon (4.5 hours early). Should I prorate tuition for the day I close at noon? I have never prorated a day for closing early. But then again I have always only closed 1-2 hours early.

FWIW - handbook states parents will be credited tuition for any day that I have to close. To me means a full day and not an early closure. What do you think?

BTW, this will be addressed in my next HB revision
ANY day that includes lunch OR rest time is considered a FULL day. If you are serving lunch still, I'd bill the whole day. If you are not serving lunch, I'd consider pro-rating for half day reasonable.
Baby Beluga 02:09 PM 05-04-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
ANY day that includes lunch OR rest time is considered a FULL day. If you are serving lunch still, I'd bill the whole day. If you are not serving lunch, I'd consider pro-rating for half day reasonable.
Thanks BC! The children will be present for morning Pre-K time breakfast and lunch. They will be missing nap, afternoon snack and about 1 hour of music & movement/center time. For those reasons I was also thinking of not prorating.
childcaremom 02:20 PM 05-04-2016
I would probably do the same as BC suggested.
AmyKidsCo 08:26 PM 05-04-2016
I don't prorate for early closings or half days. But I rarely close half days, usually just an hour or two early for an appointment.
Tags:closing early, half day care, prorate
Reply Up