Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
Sunshine74 08:00 PM 07-29-2013
My sister was back from vacation today! It has been awful without her. And DCB who we've had issues with for awhile moved up to the next age group. What a difference one child makes.
Sunshine74 08:39 PM 08-05-2013
Super excited for our field trip tomorrow. We are loading the older 2 year old's in the Bye-Bye Buggies and the wagon (it is about a mile and a half), stopping for a doughnut treat on the way, and then going to the library! We are also going to stop for lunch after our program at the library is done. We will have twelve 2 1/2- 3 year olds!
Lyss 09:46 PM 08-07-2013
Vacation started today!!!
hoopinglady 06:48 PM 08-14-2013
I have to brag.

My first grandbaby was born last night.

Who knew such love was possible?
Play Care 10:49 AM 08-15-2013
My dc kids have had such growth this summer. I've been trying to teach my one dc boy how to pump on the swings for a year. He saw a younger dc boy pumping and he wasn't about to be shown up With a lot of work on our part, speech issues seem to be improving in our other dc boy and two of our kids are now riding bikes without training wheels. My dc mom came for pick up and was surprised (and happy!) to see her son riding a two wheeler. So while we've had our challenges this summer, we've also had a lot of success
BumbleBee 12:36 PM 08-20-2013
This new LO is a dream baby! Barely cries, eats every 3-4 hrs, sleeps a solid 2+ hrs at a time, doesn't scream during tummy time, can "play" without someone in her face 24/7. She prefers her bottles warm, but has no problem taking it cold if we're out & about. I LOVE IT
Maria2013 06:59 AM 08-23-2013
it's Friday and I don't work this weekend !
Sunshine74 09:29 PM 08-27-2013
DCD came in with a bottle of wine for each teacher who works with DCG (she is leaving for preschool next week). It was the first time anyone has ever brought me something other then Christmas.
Hunni Bee 01:54 PM 08-28-2013
Totally OT and definitely TMI...but cause for celebration in my book

I can take all my washed-out, stretched-out "pregnancy" undies out of the drawer and put my cute ones back in

Sorry.
Blackcat31 02:04 PM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Totally OT and definitely TMI...but cause for celebration in my book

I can take all my washed-out, stretched-out "pregnancy" undies out of the drawer and put my cute ones back in

Sorry.

and

because I TOTALLY "get it"
MotherNature 03:12 PM 08-28-2013
My later parent showed up 20 mins early.
Sunshine74 09:14 PM 08-29-2013
We took all our SA and our preschoolers who are entering kindergarten this year to an amusement park today for our end of the summer trip. It was awesome! Hot, but awesome!
Play Care 03:59 AM 09-04-2013
Today is the last day of summer vacation!!!! The SA kids go back tomorrow!!!! Not a moment too soon! We've had a wonderful summer with a lot of camps, lessons, etc. but the last two weeks we've had nothing. They are soooooo ready to go back to school!
SilverSabre25 08:32 AM 09-04-2013
Finally made morning outside time an indelible habit for us. Indelible, meaning that I can't help but do it. It would be weird and downright WRONG not to do it. We're outside for at least an hour in the AM, sometimes an hour and a half. In the afternoon we are getting out for another hour or hour and a half. And do you know what? I'm starting to feel like it's not even enough! 2 to 3 hours a day outside, and I feel like it's not enough.

I'm dreading, just dreading, bad weather. I hope we get to spend a lot of time outside this winter, too. I'm going to either get the dcps to provide what I need for the kids, or charge a supply fee and buy it myself. I'm not going to allow myself to be cooped up all winter again.
Play Care 10:09 AM 09-05-2013
The school kids went back today!!!! It's quiet time and the house is actually QUIET. I'm drinking a cup of hot tea and relaxing.
daycarediva 10:12 AM 09-05-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
The school kids went back today!!!! It's quiet time and the house is actually QUIET. I'm drinking a cup of hot tea and relaxing.
Mine left last week (2 went to K in a different district).

Tuesday was HEAVENLY. I am STILL not sure what to do with myself at naptime. More imgur, daycare forum and coffee with my feet up. ENJOY!
MotherNature 02:47 PM 09-10-2013
Totally not daycare related, but listed a bunch of stuff taht was clogging my basement up on freecycle, & it all got cleared out today. Now I just ave to sweep & organize some shelves & it'll be like we just moved in. Now I can get to my holiday stuff easier too. I hate clutter & it saved me the task of hauling load after load up my basement stairs, loading it into my car, and making a couple trips to Goodwill.
MotherNature 03:20 PM 09-13-2013
Me again- My son has been a real nightmare today, so when my husband got home he took him grocery shopping for a few hours & brought me a big bottle of wine, said he'd get up with him in the AM. It's been a long week. I got my period for the 2nd time in 4 years. Guess it's back for sure now. I'm happy about that as we're TTC, but they still suck. Especially when dealing with your spirited child. Wine and mostly mama free night helps.
Sunshine74 09:51 PM 09-13-2013
DCB (3) was talking to one of the teachers in the preschool room that he is in. He said, "When I grow up, I want to be a teacher." When she asked him what room he wanted to work in, he told her he wanted to be in the toddler room just like me! It's nice to know I've made an impact, at least in this point in his life.
AcornMama 01:27 PM 09-18-2013
DCB (3) was having so much fun today watering plants outside with a little watering can. Filling it and pouring it over and over again. Finally he paused, looked at me, and said, "Well, you and me make a great team!"

I thought it was too cute. He must hear it from parents or someone else, but it made for a pretty sweet moment!
Sunshine74 11:16 PM 09-18-2013
Well, this is good for my co-workers and me, but not so much for DCB and DCM:

We sent DCB home with a fever on Monday afternoon. He is not scheduled to come again until Friday. Well, I saw DCM tonight at Zumba and asked how he was doing. She told me (among other things) that after she got him home on Monday and gave him some medicine, he vomited. I was sympathetic of course, but on the inside I was thinking "whew, dodged a bullet there!"
jessrlee 09:02 AM 09-20-2013
It's a super light day today . So I'm sitting on the forum while the kiddos play diner
Play Care 11:00 AM 09-20-2013
The kids did a great job at preschool pick up so we went to the playground after. They did an awesome job there as well and when it was time to leave, everyone left without fuss.
Michelle 02:47 PM 09-25-2013
Just bought a new Dyson vacuum! I am so happy..
this vacuum is awesome but expensive ($500)
but so far worth every penny.
I want to go to my neighbors and vacuum their floors now

Sunshine74 08:03 PM 09-26-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Just bought a new Dyson vacuum! I am so happy..
this vacuum is awesome but expensive ($500)
but so far worth every penny.
I want to go to my neighbors and vacuum their floors now
You can come and vacuum my floors anytime. Too bad I am not a neighbor.
Sunchimes 04:32 PM 10-01-2013
I close one day a year to go to the State Fair. I'll work Christmas, just don't meddle with my trip to the Fair.

Today was my Fair day. Since I was closed, DCM took a day off and went to the fair with her kids (two are in my care). We were walking down the street, looked up and saw dcg and her mom coming toward us. Dcg saw me, threw open her arms and ran down the street to me.

We stood talking and dcg asked if she could go with my husband and I for awhile. Sure. But, as she watched her mom disappear from sight, she got a little upset and said she wanted her mom. So we took off down the street to catch them. I guess she wanted us all to hang out together all day.
Sunshine74 09:03 PM 10-01-2013
Not daycare related, but I have to share somewhere.

I am teaching religious ed for 1st graders. I have done it for many years, but it has been awhile since I've done first grade. Plus my mom is my aide, and I have never taught with her before. Well, tonight was my first class (I had a sub for last week because I was on vacation) and we have a few challenging children, but nothing I can't handle (yet). And I felt a little unprepared. But after class my mom turned to me and said, "You're a great teacher!"

It's so nice to be appreciated.
Play Care 04:40 AM 10-17-2013
Two of my dck's are out today. While I love the kids, I haven't been feeling well and only another provider will understand the relief that came with each phone call
MsLaura529 10:29 AM 10-17-2013
One of my DCM's sent a package of pumpkin cheesecake Pepperidge farm cookies with her husband and DCB today, in a cute little pumpkin bag, "just because". This is the mom of the DCB that is here 1-2 mornings a week and she just started 3 weeks ago. Made my day.
daycarediva 12:07 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Two of my dck's are out today. While I love the kids, I haven't been feeling well and only another provider will understand the relief that came with each phone call
I had 3 out and sent one home sick, another drop in wasn't getting dropped off until after nap due to an appointment. So yep, 2 kids all day today. I got a LOT of paperwork and lesson planning done!
Blackcat31 12:09 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
One of my DCM's sent a package of pumpkin cheesecake Pepperidge farm cookies with her husband and DCB today, in a cute little pumpkin bag, "just because". This is the mom of the DCB that is here 1-2 mornings a week and she just started 3 weeks ago. Made my day.
I knew it!!

I thought I hear someone say cheesecake! (and pumpkin too!)

What an awesome family!!
Sunshine74 10:42 PM 10-18-2013
Love our new(ish) DCF. DCG in my room cries a little at drop off (for maybe a minute or two), but they just come in, and let us know anything we need to know, talk for a minute, hand her over to one of us, say, "Bye, see you later (be good, etc)" and then....... they leave! No drama, no stress, it's great.

Pick up is just as great.
MsLaura529 06:42 AM 10-21-2013
Not daycare related, and it happened yesterday ... BUT after 16 years of my obsession with them, I FINALLY got to meet and take my picture with Zac Hanson. Wooo!!
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 10-21-2013
Not daycare related, and it happened yesterday ... BUT after 16 years of my obsession with them, I FINALLY got to meet and take my picture with Zac Hanson. Wooo!!
Not a fan, but I AM a fan of people seeing their dreams come true!!

Congrats! I hope you had fun!!
childcaremom 09:17 AM 10-21-2013
I have a new dcg that started and was anxious because she is quite a bit younger than the rest and I was worried how our day would flow.

I didn't have to worry at all. Mom had already transitioned her to our napping and feeding schedule, dropped her off with a quick goodbye, and dcg came in with no fuss. The older dcks all greeted her with hugs and were quite excited to have a new friend here.

We were able to stick to our usual routine and everyone is napping together!
Play Care 09:32 AM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I have a new dcg that started and was anxious because she is quite a bit younger than the rest and I was worried how our day would flow.

I didn't have to worry at all. Mom had already transitioned her to our napping and feeding schedule, dropped her off with a quick goodbye, and dcg came in with no fuss. The older dcks all greeted her with hugs and were quite excited to have a new friend here.

We were able to stick to our usual routine and everyone is napping together!
That is awesome! I had a DCD do that for me and it made life so much easier! Hope that continues!
MsLaura529 10:21 AM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Not a fan, but I AM a fan of people seeing their dreams come true!!

Congrats! I hope you had fun!!
Thanks It was AMAZING! They put on a 2.5 hour show, non stop music ... great mix of older stuff and new stuff. We ended up in the 4th row, so nice and close to enjoy their music and beauty at the same time I welcome kids in this morning without a voice, haha.
Sunshine74 10:34 PM 10-25-2013
I don't even know where to put this, but it was too cool not to share. We found a "recipe" via Pinterest where you take a can of sweetened condensed milk and put it in a crock pot covered with water for 6-7 hours and then cool it. After it's cooled you open it, and it's caramel.

It actually worked! We were too impatient to let it cool all the way, so we opened it after it was in the fridge for 2 hours, but it didn't seem to make any difference. So we cut up an apple and the kids got to have apples and homemade caramel for a special treat at the end of the day.
craftymissbeth 10:47 AM 10-26-2013
I.am.so.jealous.

Although growing up I was all about Taylor... these days I'm quite fond of Zac
grateday 10:30 PM 11-06-2013
Snow
It was brought in the house
Fun for kids
Unregistered 05:48 PM 11-07-2013
Son not feeling well and upset over toys and whining, other daycare boy who is 3 with speech delay is trying to give him something to drink to make him happy. So cute. Other kiddos giving him hugs and trying to cheer him up and asking what is wrong. I know I have done something wonderful and teaching empathy when the daycare kiddos are looking out for one another.
Sunshine74 08:46 PM 11-07-2013
I was sitting on the floor and DCG was sitting with me. When I went to get up, she climbed all over me, and when I told her I have to go do something for a minute, she threw her arms around me and said "I love you!" It was just what I needed at the end of a long day.

Originally Posted by grateday:
Snow
It was brought in the house
Fun for kids
Jealous, can't wait till it snows here.
KidGrind 05:44 PM 11-12-2013
A parent had the day off; kept her kid at home; brought me lunch and delivered it.
hgonzalez 11:58 AM 11-13-2013
I got enough of a break at nap time today to wash my floor!!! YIPEE!!!
BumbleBee 04:46 AM 11-19-2013
Starting my morning off by drinking some coffee and watching the 6.5 month old dcg play & talk to her shadow on the wall. Adorable!
Cat Herder 08:14 AM 11-19-2013
at two preschool brothers arguing over which was "most awesome", French Fries or Tots.

"Tot's are mostest!!!"

"Ung-ugh!!! French fries are the most-est-est!!!"

"No!!! Are not!!! 'cause your breath is stinky!!!"

"well, you eat boogers!!!!"

"Only cause it was french fries!!!!"

..... both are sulking. Hate to tell them we are having rice.
AcornMama 10:02 AM 11-25-2013
DCM brought me a birthday present and a card that she and dcg made together!

I had mentioned to them days before that we'd be having a mini celebration, since one dcb and I have b-days close together...this was all just in conversation with parents because we were scheduling attendance and activities this holiday week, as some families are going to be out on certain days. Certainly didn't expect anyone to bring me something. So sweet!
KidGrind 03:52 PM 11-26-2013
I’ve noticed that some of the daycares are like a never-ending soap operas on here. I mean I think, “You have another issue in the same day?”

I have to share, I’ve realized my issues with my DCPs and DCKs are so minimal. I am going to give them extra s and love tomorrow.
Sunshine74 10:14 PM 11-27-2013
DCB came in with a plate of homemade treats (pumpkin whoopie pies) and on the foil covering the treats were cut out hand prints that he colored that had a turkey head. Each hand print had the name of a teacher that he interacts with during the day- a treat for each of us. And on one of the hand prints was this message:

"I am so thankful to have so many great people taking care of me. Happy Thanksgiving! Love, DCB"

I am not afraid to admit, I teared up a little bit. It is so nice to be appreciated.
Sunchimes 06:58 PM 11-28-2013
Mid-morning today (Thanksgiving day) my newest dcm texted me "We just wanted to wish you both a Happy Thanksgiving." This is the mom that brought us a 13 pound turkey last week. One of my blessings this year is my exceptional dc families. I am very lucky.
Maria2013 06:23 AM 11-29-2013
the only 2 kids (the rest are on vacation) scheduled today at 6:30am called and postponed till 9:30 so hubby and I were able to watch a Christmas movie together...what a way to start the day!!
Blackcat31 02:09 PM 12-02-2013
Got a thank you card in the mail today from my food program.

Inside was a $10 gift card for Target. It was a thank you because I referred a provider-friend to them.
jessrlee 04:44 AM 12-03-2013
I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving I am actually shocked since I think I ate a whole sweet potato pie in 4 days
sally 05:40 AM 12-09-2013
So happy today. All my parent's remembered hats, gloves, boots, Snowpants and winter coats. Its -2 and the windchill is -20 something. I am thankful the kids will stay warm going to the bus stop and back today!
jessrlee 07:06 AM 12-09-2013
It's 9:05 and I only have 3 kids here!! Easy street!
KidGrind 09:29 PM 12-12-2013
One of the DCF that I had issues with gave me very generous gifts today. My favorite part about the gift was the picture of the baby!

It touched me. I actually started crying.
Sunchimes 12:40 PM 12-16-2013
I had a little boy last spring that was the soon-to-be-step-grandson of one of my friends. Well, sort of friends, but she's also my accountant. Little one left in July after only 3 months-they left on good terms, their situation changed and they didn't need daycare.

Anyway, last night Grandma sent me a picture of him signing "more". She said he is still signing please and more as he says the words. She wrote a lovely note about how much he learned with me and she was sorry he didn't stay. Made me feel so glad.

And, as one of the kid's therapists left today (last visit before Christmas), she hugged me and told me that they all loved me. I have the best therapists!!!
Leanna 02:51 PM 12-17-2013
So we had a pretty wet snow the other day and my snow shovel broke while I was shoveling out in the morning. I haven't been able to get out to the hardware store to get another one and we had another snowfall last night...I had to dig out this morning with a kiddie snow shovel!
Well apparently one of my DCF's saw me and went out and bought me a shovel! I just got a text that said, "Santa came early. Check your porch!" Sooooo sweet!!!!!!
BumbleBee 06:53 AM 12-19-2013
Dcm found out it was my birthday today & showed up this morning with a birthday cake-my favorite kind too! I was shocked. Dcm is a teacher & 2 of my dck go to that school. Weeks ago those 2 dck started talking to each other about cake & asked me what my favorite kind was-then reported back to dcm. Sneaky dcm & dck!
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 12-19-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Dcm found out it was my birthday today & showed up this morning with a birthday cake-my favorite kind too! I was shocked. Dcm is a teacher & 2 of my dck go to that school. Weeks ago those 2 dck started talking to each other about cake & asked me what my favorite kind was-then reported back to dcm. Sneaky dcm & dck!

Play Care 11:19 AM 12-19-2013
We finished the special craft for the dcp's and they are super cute!
Cat Herder 02:40 PM 01-03-2014
All of my parents showed up for pick-up at the same time today. I sighed and prepared for the ambush...

YKWIM, kids running amuck, parents catching up for 20 minutes in the driveway in full view of the kids before coming to the door, etc...

All came directly to the door, lined up politely, had cash in hand , said quick good-byes and left. I stood there for a moment stunned and looked up for the pig, then it occurred to me....

It is FRIDAY!!!! The short week threw me off a bit, but I am back now.... To think I was making pancakes in the morning... Momma don't cook on Saturdays.

TGIF
Sunshine74 05:00 AM 01-07-2014
Unexpected day off today. Even with schools closed there were less then 10 kids in the whole center when I was due in this morning. I get to avoid going out in the below freezing temps.
TaylorTots 08:43 AM 01-09-2014
I have a dcg out sick and a dcg at preschool till 11am today so its been a super laid back morning with just my dcb and my dd. Enjoying it, I needed it
Happily_wed 11:55 AM 01-10-2014
Our water froze on Monday night and FINALLY thawed out today about 1:30! Whoo hoo! I have been sick with a horrible cold since last Thursday and being without water was a pain! I couldn't wait to get a couple of things done (showers, bathrooms cleaned, laundry started!)

And my new daycare baby was born this week. I have been on a little vacation since mid Sept. when daycare family's youngest started head start. I have only been having the girls on school holidays, snow days etc. The new baby is supposed to start with me the first week in March.
Play Care 09:12 AM 01-14-2014
Another provider in town referred a parent to me and I have an interview for next week! It's for a spot that won't be opening until September but mom is a teacher and that's what she's looking for. Fingers crossed this works out, because then all my spots will stay filled!
jessrlee 10:37 AM 01-15-2014
I had bruschetta and broccoli salad for lunch Exactly what I was craving!
DaycareMomma 01:42 PM 01-15-2014
Today I decided that I am going to try a new approach with my 12 month old that thinks crying and screaming, unless being held, is an acceptable form of behavior. She gets on my last nerve by 8am and I can't keep doing this. I am on burnout if something doesn't change and soon. In the 4 hours since I decided this change would take place, she's been a lot better. I think I calmed down and in turn so did she!

So here's to a happier tomorrow and the bad days behind us!
Cat Herder 09:50 AM 01-16-2014
Infant can hold own bottle!!!!!! 1st time today, 6 mos. Sitting unassisted happened last week.

5/6 are potty trained, no accidents for 30 days....

It is looking to be one awesome spring and summer here this year!!!
daycarediva 10:48 AM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Infant can hold own bottle!!!!!! 1st time today, 6 mos. Sitting unassisted happened last week.

5/6 are potty trained, no accidents for 30 days....

It is looking to be one awesome spring and summer here this year!!!

I have one backsliding on Pt'ing after being out for two weeks over Christmas-new years break. The rest are PTed (with zero accidents in months). Hopefully this little guy follows suit and we can have one FUN summer!
Cat Herder 11:02 AM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I have one backsliding on Pt'ing after being out for two weeks over Christmas-new years break. The rest are PTed (with zero accidents in months). Hopefully this little guy follows suit and we can have one FUN summer!
Too cool!! Hope he figures out how much better it feels in cotton... Come on warm weather, ice cream and sprinklers.
Bookworm 01:17 PM 01-21-2014
I had a two moms who went to the Goodwill yesterday so I asked them to text me if they had any Barbies. They agreed. When I got to work this morning, there was a large gift bag 3/4 of the way full of Barbies, two Barbie cars and three baby dolls with extra clothes. There was also a note saying that they went to three Goodwill stores so each child can have at least two Barbies to play with without fighting. It also said that this was thanks for all that I do for and with their kids and that it was the least that they could do. Cue tears from me and coworker. I am truly grateful for my parents and for what they do. If they never bought me anything, the Thank Yous that I get daily are more than enough.
Sunshine74 07:04 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
I had a two moms who went to the Goodwill yesterday so I asked them to text me if they had any Barbies. They agreed. When I got to work this morning, there was a large gift bag 3/4 of the way full of Barbies, two Barbie cars and three baby dolls with extra clothes. There was also a note saying that they went to three Goodwill stores so each child can have at least two Barbies to play with without fighting. It also said that this was thanks for all that I do for and with their kids and that it was the least that they could do. Cue tears from me and coworker. I am truly grateful for my parents and for what they do. If they never bought me anything, the Thank Yous that I get daily are more than enough.
That's awesome. It is so nice to be appreciated.
KidGrind 04:36 AM 01-26-2014
I had two kids for evening care last night. DCG & DCB were awesome and so much fun.

Both parents brought me food! All my parents know I love, love food.
2grls4us 04:01 PM 02-07-2014
Today was the last day for a dcb 2. He is just moving on to another daycare closer to home and where his big brother goes. I was starting to worry about not having his spot filled yet. Then I got a call and met with a mom today and the little girl will start on Monday. So no time down without payment for that spot!!
craftymissbeth 09:57 AM 02-10-2014
I caved, but I'm now in the food program
sally 08:07 AM 02-11-2014
Things had been going downhill for me, lost 1 kid to school and the others dropped to part time so I was thinking about closing but My old superviser from my last job just went thru a divorce and needs daycare for his boys when he has them and with 4 boys I am a little scared LOL but could use the income. I know its not full time every week but every other week will sure help!
Sunshine74 09:32 PM 02-12-2014
DCG (2.5) was out sick for the beginning of the week. She came back today, and I told her when she got there in the morning that I missed her when she was sick (I really did). Well, later in the afternoon, I was sitting on the floor and she game up to me and gave me a huge hug and said, "I miss you much!" and squeezed me again.
Luna 07:45 AM 02-14-2014
I'm off today for some appointments. DCM texted me at 7:15 this morning to let me know there was a valentine from her children on my porch. A homemade pie!
Josiegirl 09:57 AM 02-14-2014
I usually have 2 in diapers, sometimes 3, but because of the snowstorm, schools closing, who could make it in or couldn't, I'm changing no diapers today!!
SilverSabre25 12:19 PM 02-24-2014
I just have a ridiculous amount of energy today and needed to share this fact with someone.
Play Care 12:37 PM 02-24-2014
Today has been a MILLION times better then last week!
_Dana_ 01:01 PM 02-28-2014
I have the BEST DCPs!

The other day, a new DCM, who used to do child care, brought over 6 like-new nap mats, along with ALL the toys, crafts, and materials that she had laying around! She told me I could have it all! Woohoo! Score!

Then the next day my other DCM sent me a text asking if there is anything that I need for my business. What is on my wishlist? I responded with blocks, construction paper, paints, etc. But she had something else in mind..."What about bigger stuff?" I ended up getting a new Little Tykes picnic table and a new area rug!! She had it next day air mailed! I thanked her profusely because I certainly didn't expect it! She just shrugged and said she made good money and loves the things I do for her child. I don't know how I lucked out to have such great DCPs!! I'm so thankful!
Play Care 01:10 PM 02-28-2014
One of my dcp's brought me a couple of carnations and two k cups

My husband and kids surprised me with a spa gift certificate.

They rescheduled the Valentines luncheon at my dd's school and I was able to attend. I surprised her by bringing McDonalds (I know, I know, but she loved it )

Next Friday I am leaving for a girls weekend in the city. I am hopping on the 11:00 am train and be in Manhattan by early afternoon
TaylorTots 12:51 PM 03-05-2014
For the first time in a couple months, every child slept at the same time. I have three groupings of dcks - 10-15m, 3-4yrs, SA.

The younger ones are on the same nap schedule and the preschoolers are on the same nap schedule - but no matter what I try I haven't got them to overlap yet.

Today is a GREAT day (even though its likely a fluke)!!!

I am sitting here in the quiet enjoying a coffee with some hot cocoa mixed in... waiting for the SA to storm in the door in 15 minutes and wake everyone up, hehehe.
drseuss 03:54 PM 03-05-2014
Don't you just looove it when you get a day with synchronized napping?! Woohoo! Bathroom break and a sit-down cuppa joe, baby!

Today I had a great afternoon with a dcg 4.5 that has been with me since the age of 1. Because of a couple of fluke things, I ended up with just her and one other baby today. We got to spend some really great one-on-one time together, which we used to get a lot of but not so much anymore. She used to be here alone twice a week, for quite a while. We got very close. Now that I've got a busier schedule, finding that one-on-one time with her is next to impossible. Her mother teaches, so once the school year is over this year, we will say goodbye and she will be in kindy in the fall. so I just really consciously enjoyed our time together today.
bloominggenius 07:24 PM 03-05-2014
I am still freezing but it is improving. I am however enjoying the fact I have a full house and wait list, because I can now term a family that has been abusing the system with almost 60 hours a week in care while mom is home. Can you say "Hit the road, Jack?"
Sunshine74 04:50 PM 03-06-2014
Realized today that out of the 19 kids we have enrolled in our 2-3 year-old room (we have a bunch of part-timers) 10 of them are potty trained, and 1 is in his first week of wearing underwear and has been doing great. Hooray for less diapers!
MotherNature 06:01 AM 03-12-2014
Got a text this morning from my family that's leaving mid-April that they'll drop off payment for next week, but dcg is staying home all week. Sweet-free paid week off. Again! Last week she was out for illness, and now this. She's been whiney & parents are helicopters, so this break is nice.
Luna 10:58 AM 03-12-2014
After 3 weeks of what feels like nonstop stress, the stars have realigned themselves. One by one, all of my families have decided to use the last 3 days of March Break to spend time with their children. I am all alone in my house today, drinking tea, watching old movies, burning candles, and eating caramel Easter eggs for lunch. Aaaaand getting paid. Tomorrow looks like it will be the same. Friday too.

TaylorTots 11:50 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
After 3 weeks of what feels like nonstop stress, the stars have realigned themselves. One by one, all of my families have decided to use the last 3 days of March Break to spend time with their children. I am all alone in my house today, drinking tea, watching old movies, burning candles, and eating caramel Easter eggs for lunch. Aaaaand getting paid. Tomorrow looks like it will be the same. Friday too.
Lucky duck!
Sunshine74 03:19 PM 03-12-2014
We closed early today because we are getting a storm- and DH got out of work at about the same time. So I got to spend my afternoon relaxing and watching the snow fall.
grateday 11:17 PM 03-12-2014
Why are people here?
What do you mean?
Why are we here?

All I said was ...For a lot of reasons...

I wanted to say to spread love, cheer, laughter, good will, and to make the world a beautiful place to be.

So I will tell her tommorrow my belief
Annalee 11:58 AM 03-26-2014
I now have a vehicle that has heat, the door shuts and the fuel guage works....
Oss_cc 01:29 PM 03-26-2014
DCBaby went to sleep today! AND without crying! AND she's still asleep after 20 mins!
Luna 09:39 AM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I now have a vehicle that has heat, the door shuts and the fuel guage works....
things you only think about when you don't have them!
Play Care 10:00 AM 03-27-2014
Praise The Lord we were OUTSIDE!!! For over 30 minutes!!!!

CraftyMom 10:14 AM 03-27-2014
We found our first sign of spring!!!!The p u s s y Willows are just starting to open! It's still only 34 degrees, but I'll take any sign that spring is coming! Woo-hoo!

Haha! I just noticed the censoring of the ***** willows lol
Cynthia 06:51 PM 03-28-2014
My first week open and it was great. All I have is my grandson 16 mo. and a 19mo girl. Now my grandson eats anything you give him ,DCG well not eat anything but a few carbs. and milk all week .Grandson is one of though kids that fights sleep ( has always even as a new born).DCG I but her on cot first day and I only had to put her back one time. Sleeps for 2 hrs . So hoping to get 2 more kids soon.
CraftyMom 06:49 AM 03-29-2014
Originally Posted by Cynthia:
My first week open and it was great. All I have is my grandson 16 mo. and a 19mo girl. Now my grandson eats anything you give him ,DCG well not eat anything but a few carbs. and milk all week .Grandson is one of though kids that fights sleep ( has always even as a new born).DCG I but her on cot first day and I only had to put her back one time. Sleeps for 2 hrs . So hoping to get 2 more kids soon.

Tags:fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14  ... Last
Reply Up