Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Crazy Baby's Avatar
Crazy Baby Crazy Baby is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default Kitchen Inspection Person Not Showing Up!

I am so annoyed right now. I have been waiting all morning for this lady to show up. She called me 30 minutes after she was suppose to be here and said that her computer died and she had to go back to the office. She asked if I still wanted her to come out and that it would take her 20 minutes to be here. I said yes please still come out. Well, I have now been waiting for 2 hours. I had to go ahead and feed the kids and now I will be having to put them down for nap in a minute. Who knows if she will show up.

I want to write an angry email or something. After my inspection of course.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is online now
Childcare Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 1,221
Default

What is a kitchen inspection?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 AM
Meeko's Avatar
Meeko Meeko is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,256
Default

Kitchen inspection is a pet peeve of mine.

It used to be that licensing checked out the kitchen during inspections (still do really).

Then they told us that the health dept had to come out and inspect, because "expert authorized" people had to it. So we figured it was going to be a pretty intense inspection as it needed "experts" to do it.

Turns out it takes about two minutes to do. A short list of questions that are laughable. I had my daughter (who was 7 at the time) do the inspection herself...it's that easy.

"Is kitchen clean"
"Is there a food thermometer"
"Does the fridge have a thermometer" etc. etc.

So...they either think that licensing personnel are just too stupid to check the list....or they saw a way to make $$$ off the backs of daycare providers. The inspection takes literally about two minutes and we have to pay $60 for it. It makes me furious.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2017, 03:53 PM
spedmommy4's Avatar
spedmommy4 spedmommy4 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northern Oregon
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
Kitchen inspection is a pet peeve of mine.

It used to be that licensing checked out the kitchen during inspections (still do really).

Then they told us that the health dept had to come out and inspect, because "expert authorized" people had to it. So we figured it was going to be a pretty intense inspection as it needed "experts" to do it.

Turns out it takes about two minutes to do. A short list of questions that are laughable. I had my daughter (who was 7 at the time) do the inspection herself...it's that easy.

"Is kitchen clean"
"Is there a food thermometer"
"Does the fridge have a thermometer" etc. etc.

So...they either think that licensing personnel are just too stupid to check the list....or they saw a way to make $$$ off the backs of daycare providers. The inspection takes literally about two minutes and we have to pay $60 for it. It makes me furious.
We have something like this in Oregon, except here it's called a "sanitation" inspection. It costs $125, you have to have one annually, and the inspection is in addition to your health and safety inspection for licensing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedmommy4 View Post
We have something like this in Oregon, except here it's called a "sanitation" inspection. It costs $125, you have to have one annually, and the inspection is in addition to your health and safety inspection for licensing.
OT but I was just thinking about you today... wondering when the last time was that I "saw" you on-line...

Hope all is well!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2017, 09:21 PM
CalCare's Avatar
CalCare CalCare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 665
Default

I've been wondering about you too spedmommy. There have been so many posts lately that I have expected to read your expertise on!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:05 AM
spedmommy4's Avatar
spedmommy4 spedmommy4 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northern Oregon
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCare View Post
I've been wondering about you too spedmommy. There have been so many posts lately that I have expected to read your expertise on!
For BC and CalCare (I still can't quote two posts) I should probably do an update in a thread. Life threw me a curve ball and I had to take a break for awhile.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
inspection, inspection - kitchen

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inspection Today Francine Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 03-14-2013 12:04 PM
Inspection went pretty well! Zoe Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 02-04-2011 12:17 PM
Had My 1st Inspection broncomom1973 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 02-03-2011 06:01 AM
!!Waiting for My Inspection... Mi!! MrsCoffee Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 04-07-2010 12:22 PM
Are there Fees For Daycare Inspection in New Jersey? Jonathan Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 11-23-2009 10:43 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming