Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Review My Holiday/Vacation Policy Please
Unregistered 01:22 PM 03-30-2015
I'm trying to write my policy handbook. Does this sound ok?

**Schedule for Holidays, Vacation Days, Sick Days, and Personal Days

New Years Day – Paid Holiday (If it falls on a weekday)
Memorial Day - Paid Holiday
Fourth of July - Paid Holiday (If it falls on a weekday)
Labor Day - Paid Holiday
Thanksgiving - Paid Holiday
Day after Thanksgiving - Paid Holiday
Christmas Eve - Paid Holiday (If it falls on a weekday)
Christmas Day - Paid Holiday (If it falls on a weekday)
New Years Eve - Paid Holiday (If it falls on a weekday)

The provider will take 1-2 weeks of unpaid vacation each year. All enrolled families will be informed of plans at least one month in advance. Parents are responsible to find alternate care during these times.

The daycare family is allowed as much vacation time as they desire. However, since the provider is holding the child’s slot during his/her absence, full payment is expected.

Provider is allowed 3 unpaid sick days per calendar year. The provider will alert families of closure due to provider illness as soon as possible. In this event, parents are responsible to find alternate care.

Provider may need to take up to 3 unpaid personal development days per year. These days are used to attend trainings, seminars, and update licensing requirements.
butterfly 01:47 PM 03-30-2015
If your vacation time is unpaid, I wouldn't put a limit on the number of days in your contract.
Thriftylady 02:03 PM 03-30-2015
I wouldn't limit myself to only three sick days, in this business you are around a ton of crud. I wouldn't put a number at all there. And just to consider, many people are off on Friday if a holiday falls on Sat. and off on Monday if it falls on Sunday. You may want to include the same for yourself, I do.
cara041083 02:03 PM 03-30-2015
I would take out the 1 or 2 weeks unpaid vacation part and just have it say 2 weeks. If u do t end up using it then that's up to u. If it were me I would also add new years day off ad a holiday. But that's just me
Patches 04:36 PM 03-30-2015
I would say "up to 2 weeks" for the vacation time. I,also would not limit your unpaid sick and personal days. What happens if you use all you sick days and then you get sick again? You have to work no matter what?
Patches 04:37 PM 03-30-2015
Ditto on taking off New Year's Day.
Second Home 04:05 AM 03-31-2015
With holidays I put When a holiday falls on or is observed on a regularly scheduled day of care .

This year 4th of July is on a sat but many companies will observe the holiday on Friday the 3rd.
Stephnrich 05:21 AM 03-31-2015
I take all of these but include the day after Christmas as well. My policy is these are paid and will take the Friday before if it occurs on a Saturday, or the Monday after if it occurs on a Sunday. I'm
Jujube835 06:12 AM 03-31-2015
Originally Posted by Second Home:
With holidays I put When a holiday falls on or is observed on a regularly scheduled day of care .

I like the wording!
Reply Up