Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cleaning
Country Kids 08:37 AM 08-04-2011
Does anyone ever want to just deep clean their house? I'm so itching to do this but can't due to having to work 10 hour days! Naptime, I could but I like being with my own kids and giving them my attention, at night there is just no time and then on the weekends I'm just to tired to get it all done with everything else. Weirdly, when I don't have kids during the week for some weird reason, I actually do better cleaning then on the weekends.

Anyone ever take a week off to do this? I'm actually considering that this year. Taking a week off when everyone is in school and just go for it!
SandeeAR 09:03 AM 08-04-2011
I don't take time off for it. I take a room at a time, twice a year and do a deep clean. That comes from doing house cleaning for a living for many years! That roatation will keep your home really clean and not over whelm you.
familyschoolcare 09:40 AM 08-04-2011
I have a similar system to sandeeAr, I do one deep cleaning chore a day.
Kaddidle Care 11:28 AM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Does anyone ever want to just deep clean their house?
NEVA!, No Way Baby!
SilverSabre25 11:31 AM 08-04-2011
...does wanting to come home one day to a magically clean house count?

No?

Rats.

In all seriousness though, I do go through that frequently...but I have "Can't Finish It" Syndrome so when I start the process, somehow it never gets done.
christinaskids 11:34 AM 08-04-2011
I pay someone to do it. Sometimes others see dirt that you might miss since you are there everyday
christinaskids 11:39 AM 08-04-2011
I pay someone to do it. Sometimes others see dirt that you might miss since you are there everyday
momofsix 11:54 AM 08-04-2011
I"ve thought about taking a couple of days off to clean too. Then the truth hit me...I might do a little extra cleaning, but in reality I'd probably finish a great book, spend extra time on here, rent some great videos, sleep in...you get the idea!

Sandee, do you have some great time-saving hints for deep cleaning?
SandeeAR 12:07 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by momofsix:
Sandee, do you have some great time-saving hints for deep cleaning?
yep, grab your long handled swiffer and stick it in your pocket, or belt. Grab a bag of rag (5-10) and clip it on your belt. Get a spray bottle of windex and one bottle of basic cleaner (awesome, 409 etc). Start at one corner of the room and move to the right. Start at the top. Do the fans, corners with webs etc. Then the blinds and windows. Dust and vacumm the furniture and then the baseboards. Then vacumm the floors.

For speed, always move from left to right around the room.

This is what I read when I started my business and it really helped.

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cleaning.../dp/0440503744
SimpleMom 12:26 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I don't take time off for it. I take a room at a time, twice a year and do a deep clean. That comes from doing house cleaning for a living for many years! That roatation will keep your home really clean and not over whelm you.
I do this as well. Works great!
thecrazyisout 12:39 PM 08-04-2011
I follow the flylady system and it helps so much! Ever heard of her? She sends you one assignment a day, you cut your house into zones and you focus on that zone for the week. It has seriously changed my life since I am such and ADHDer..which is true! I can't seem to focus and this helps everything seem so easy!

flylady.net
Luna 03:02 PM 08-04-2011
I've been trying to use this method: http://simplehomeschool.net/the-case...onth-cleaning/ but it's still difficult to fit in with daycare hours. I will definitely check out the flylady ideas.
MG&Lsmom 05:22 PM 08-04-2011
Originally Posted by thecrazyisout:
I follow the flylady system and it helps so much! Ever heard of her? She sends you one assignment a day, you cut your house into zones and you focus on that zone for the week. It has seriously changed my life since I am such and ADHDer..which is true! I can't seem to focus and this helps everything seem so easy!

flylady.net
I used to do Flylady! I still get her emails in my old junk email address too. LOL!

I found with my new smaller house that once I tackled the big messes the first time, it was easier to keep the whole house cleaner. Now my DH and I have it down to a 1.5 hour 2 man job, with 3 kids running around. Whole house cleaned, top to bottom. We usually do it every Sun while the kids watch TV. I still vacuum and clean bathrooms every day, along with shining my sink! A few of the only things that I keep doing from Flylady. Oh, and 5 min declutter jobs. Love that!
spud912 10:06 PM 08-04-2011
My arch nemesis are the windows! There is so much gunk that collects in the windowsill and I absolutely hate the blinds! I've actually purchased new blinds to avoid cleaning the ones I have.
AnneCordelia 04:20 AM 08-05-2011
I also LOVE flylady!! Been following her system for 5 years now and love it still.
momofsix 11:16 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
yep, grab your long handled swiffer and stick it in your pocket, or belt. Grab a bag of rag (5-10) and clip it on your belt. Get a spray bottle of windex and one bottle of basic cleaner (awesome, 409 etc). Start at one corner of the room and move to the right. Start at the top. Do the fans, corners with webs etc. Then the blinds and windows. Dust and vacumm the furniture and then the baseboards. Then vacumm the floors.

For speed, always move from left to right around the room.

This is what I read when I started my business and it really helped.

http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Cleaning.../dp/0440503744
Thanks! I've read this before, just never tried it b/c I never know if "real' people thought it worked I think you're "real" enough!!!
MarinaVanessa 11:40 AM 08-05-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
I also LOVE flylady!! Been following her system for 5 years now and love it still.
Yep me too. I love being able to clean in small spurts every day and have my weekends free. It really keeps the house maintained and even deep-cleaning is super easy.
Tags:cleaning, cleaning - thorough
Reply Up