Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Day!
ABCDaycareMN 06:56 PM 05-31-2013
Today was my last day doing daycare for awhile! My little dcg came in with a very sweet card for me. I sure did have a great family. But it was my time to stop.

I got my house completely back together. I have space again in my living/dining room.

It's sure going to feel good to not have to wake up to an alarm all week except for getting my son of to school MWF. I get some alone time with just my dd and mommy and me time with both of my kids. Hopefully they can get back to being their sweet selves again soon by not sharing their mommy and their home and their toys.
cheerfuldom 07:01 AM 06-01-2013
thats great! enjoy the time. I hope someday I can just devote myself to my kids only. I am down to one full timer and one part timer so thats a relief for the summer.
Laurel 11:26 AM 06-01-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
Today was my last day doing daycare for awhile! My little dcg came in with a very sweet card for me. I sure did have a great family. But it was my time to stop.

I got my house completely back together. I have space again in my living/dining room.

It's sure going to feel good to not have to wake up to an alarm all week except for getting my son of to school MWF. I get some alone time with just my dd and mommy and me time with both of my kids. Hopefully they can get back to being their sweet selves again soon by not sharing their mommy and their home and their toys.
Well I wish you the best! Are you taking a job outside the home or just being a stay at home mom?

In my case, I didn't start doing childcare until my children were in school all day except for a few summers I cared for other school aged children only. Then during the school year I worked in the school system.

I felt like I had plenty of alone time with my children cause I only did it in the summer and one daycare mom who lived in my neighborhood let us use her pool. That was really fun! We were in Ohio so a pool in a yard wasn't the same as down here in Florida where there are pools everywhere! We did tons of field trips too because they were all school age.

Now I have had my grandchildren in my daycare and I get the part about sharing mom or grandma. We have a lot of grandparent time outside of daycare so it all works out. Now I am semi retired so only watch one child plus my grandchild. May take one more at some point as one started and then mom got laid off after the baby was here one day. She left money with me that she didn't need to so she'll be back eventually I guess.

Laurel
Reply Up