Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Keep Up?
PAMommy1228 05:11 AM 09-24-2010
How do you keep up with all of your cleaning? I am going nuts. I wash my floors daily, sweep 3-4 times a day, do the dishes 3-4 times a day, but my house still looks trashed! I can't seem to find balance. And maybe I am being to meticulous, my families always say that it's so clean compared to their house, but I don't think it's good enough.

I used to clean during nap time, but this new kid won't sleep! And will wake all the other kids up unless I am sitting there to make sure he does not get up from his mat.
sahm1225 05:43 AM 09-24-2010
I hired a cleaning lady to come once every 2 weeks that can help do the things that I just don't have the time to do (Windows, move the sofa and clean behind it, wash walls, etc.). I took on a part time child once a week to help pay for that....
boysx5 06:00 AM 09-24-2010
I get up early before daycare starts about two hours before and clean I'm a bit OCD. I clean all four bathrooms vaccumm throw a load of laundry in and mop the floors make my kids lunches then sit for a few minutes to relax before the day starts. It does help that most of my daycare is kept in the basement so I make sure before nap we clean up and after nap its done and we head outside. It is never ending
PAMommy1228 06:18 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by boysx5:
I get up early before daycare starts about two hours before and clean I'm a bit OCD. I clean all four bathrooms vaccumm throw a load of laundry in and mop the floors make my kids lunches then sit for a few minutes to relax before the day starts. It does help that most of my daycare is kept in the basement so I make sure before nap we clean up and after nap its done and we head outside. It is never ending
It just stinks because my new kids come at 5:30 am, then 6am, then 7 am. And I have to have my kids and some of the other kids out the door for 7 am, and 7:30 for the bus. I just don't have that time in the morning to wake up. Then my last kids leave at 6 pm. Since it's just my kids and a toddler and her sister, I bring them into the living room and I can watch them while I do dishes and make dinner, but that's all I get done in that hour I only have them. Then once my kids are in bed is when I wash the floors, but I am so tuckered out by the time that comes that I just pass out.

I think I just need a housekeeper, but I don't want to pay anyone. lol
DanceMom 07:00 AM 09-24-2010
I am actually feeling the same way you are and I have decided to hire a cleaning lady to come once a month to do the deep cleaning - I feel like I am constantly cleaning this house.

I cannot keep up with it anymore. I am picking up and cleaning up daycare things all day everyday...and neglecting the deep cleaning.
DanceMom 07:00 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I hired a cleaning lady to come once every 2 weeks that can help do the things that I just don't have the time to do (Windows, move the sofa and clean behind it, wash walls, etc.). I took on a part time child once a week to help pay for that....
When do you have her come ? Does she come during daycare ?
katie 07:02 AM 09-24-2010
Not sure if I have an answer, but I feel you. I was going to ask this same q. I clean up after every meal, snack, transition. I still feel like it's a mess. And forget it if anyone comes in before 6! lol It looks like I have not cleaned in a month.
GretasLittleFriends 07:04 AM 09-24-2010
I love the thought of hiring a cleaning person to come every other week or so, but my question is how do you let them clean and not feel guilty?

When we have family events at our house, my MIL usually comes the day before and helps me clean. She did daycare for close to 30 years and knows that I can't get it all, all of the time. Yet, I feel horrible when she is here cleaning for me. It honestly makes me feel somewhat inadequate. I love her and GREATLY appreciate the help though, so I just keep my mouth shut.
melskids 09:01 AM 09-24-2010
someone gave me this poem awhile ago, and i dont know who the author is....

excuse my house

some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there
mine boasts of it quite openly
the signs are everywhere
for smears are on the windows
littl smudges on the doors
i should apologize i guess
for toys strewn on the floors
but i sat down with my kids today
as we played and laughed and read
and if the furniture doesnt shine
their eyes will shine instead
for when at times i'm forced to choose
from one job or another
i want to have a tidy house
but first i'll be a mother

i have a copy hanging on my (messy) fridge, and when i get overwhelmed by mess, i read it. i try my best to keep up with everything, but it is tough. some things i just had to learn to let go. when you walk in my house, sure it looks clean, just dont open any closets, cupboards, or cabinets...lol
legomom922 09:11 AM 09-24-2010
I only have infants so it is easier because i dont have the messes with toys and stuff. Generally though I can do some things while they nap, or if they are watching Elmo, I can fold a quick load of laundry. I do work on cleaning in the am too and at night when they leave, like vaccum for the next day. I am OCD so my house is in pretty clean & organizied shape to begin with, and that REALLY helps!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:22 AM 09-24-2010
I have my family help. They live here too, Im not the maid. Husband & girls do dishes, laundry, sweeps and mops if it needs done, clean bathroom, help with toy control, put away things outside. We are a family child care home, The whole family benefits from my income, the whole family benefits from me working at home, the whole family helps keep things flowing.
TGT09 09:23 AM 09-24-2010
I have felt this way for the past year and a half (as long as I've been doing in-home daycare). It doesn't help that my husband is sort of a clean freak (whereas, I'm not). I feel overwhelmed more than I'd like to admit with just the cleaning issue alone. It doesn't help that we are severely running out of space to put things.
momofsix 10:21 AM 09-24-2010
Back when I was homeschooling our children, I realized that there really is no way to have the house of my dreams (clean, nice furniture...), and have a house filled with kids all day. I had to learn to just" let go" of some things for the time being. I tell myself that "someday" I will get to have white carpets and furniture, just not yet! (then my kids tell me that my grandkids will be coming over all the time)
My house is not "dirty", though it certainly does get messy! One way to stay on top of things is to make sure everything has a place. Rubbermaid totes are a lifesaver! There are some really good "home organization" type books that give really good advice on how to clean in little time/main things to do to make a house look clean/how to organize...well worth the read!
JJPlaycare 12:37 PM 09-24-2010
What do you hire the cleaning lady to do? I am very curious and have talked about doing this for a LONG time! But, honestly I can see myself cleaning my house before she comes! LOL Funny, but so true! I feel so burnt out with the constant cleaning that takes place with always being home! I feel like a day off, like a saturday - what is that - the only thing it means for me is twice the work the next day! Yes I have weekends off with no kids, but no really because all I do on those weekends, is clean, sanitize, organize, laundry, cook and shop for groceries and supplies! Daycare is really a never ending job, it never leaves my mind and it never leaves my life! It isn't just a normal job you can leave and shut the door behind you and it will all be waiting for you Monday morning! It is in my house and I live in it! Please let me know what you have set up with your cleaning lady, as far as her duties and how you prepare for her to come and if this has really benefitted you! Also please let me know if you don't have a cleaning lady what you are looking at having her all do!! : D
sahm1225 04:15 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Heather:
When do you have her come ? Does she come during daycare ?
A few times it has been during daycare hours, but I actually prefer it on the weekends. It gives me time to do the pick up before she gets here and then we can stay out of her way.

Someone asked what do I have her do - and she does the deep cleaning (she scrubs the bathrooms, floors, cleans the windows, sanitizes the counters and toys, etc.) On a daily basis I have to still sweep and mop and clean the bathrooms and do lots of cleaning, but it is so nice to have someone come in every two weeks and scrub the stuff... Specially the bathrooms!

I have the daycare in the basement and I usually do the cleaning down there (sanitizing toys, vacuum, etc.), but lately the cleaning lady has been running out of things to do so she comes down to the daycare and helps me pick up/clean up.

For those who have never had a cleaning lady - You HAVE to try it. Find a reputable company and do it once. You might feel a little bit guilty at first, but there is nothing like having the house clean how you want it (and you not being exhausted getting it that way!)
sahm1225 04:22 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by JJPlaycare:
What do you hire the cleaning lady to do? I am very curious and have talked about doing this for a LONG time! But, honestly I can see myself cleaning my house before she comes! LOL Funny, but so true! I feel so burnt out with the constant cleaning that takes place with always being home! I feel like a day off, like a saturday - what is that - the only thing it means for me is twice the work the next day! Yes I have weekends off with no kids, but no really because all I do on those weekends, is clean, sanitize, organize, laundry, cook and shop for groceries and supplies! Daycare is really a never ending job, it never leaves my mind and it never leaves my life! It isn't just a normal job you can leave and shut the door behind you and it will all be waiting for you Monday morning! It is in my house and I live in it! Please let me know what you have set up with your cleaning lady, as far as her duties and how you prepare for her to come and if this has really benefitted you! Also please let me know if you don't have a cleaning lady what you are looking at having her all do!! : D

I actually made a cleaning list of what I wanted done in each room, so that made me realize how much there was to do and that made me decide to hire a cleaning lady. Here is what I dO:

Preparing for her to come: I pick up the house (get things off the floor, pull out the cleaning supplies), I set out the clean bedsheets & towels. For example the bathroom - I clean up the toiletries, set out new towels, and fill up the soap container. She goes and scrubs the toilet, sink & tub and floors.

Bedroom - I set out new bedsheets. She makes the beds, dusts all the furniture, vacuums, cleans the windows.

Kitchen - This is my favorite room because I basically just leave it and she does the dishes, puts them away, cleans the tables & chairs, etc.
DanceMom 05:24 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
A few times it has been during daycare hours, but I actually prefer it on the weekends. It gives me time to do the pick up before she gets here and then we can stay out of her way.

Someone asked what do I have her do - and she does the deep cleaning (she scrubs the bathrooms, floors, cleans the windows, sanitizes the counters and toys, etc.) On a daily basis I have to still sweep and mop and clean the bathrooms and do lots of cleaning, but it is so nice to have someone come in every two weeks and scrub the stuff... Specially the bathrooms!

I have the daycare in the basement and I usually do the cleaning down there (sanitizing toys, vacuum, etc.), but lately the cleaning lady has been running out of things to do so she comes down to the daycare and helps me pick up/clean up.

For those who have never had a cleaning lady - You HAVE to try it. Find a reputable company and do it once. You might feel a little bit guilty at first, but there is nothing like having the house clean how you want it (and you not being exhausted getting it that way!)
I agree..having a cleaning lady , if you can afford it, it WONDERFUL..I had one when I worked outside of the home and those days she came to clean and I came home from work..it was HEAVEN walking into my house !!

I am also hiring one to do the deep cleaning..windows, tubs, blinds, toilets, mop floors, scrub sinks, dust really good etc.. I am always cleaning and always will but to have her here to know that stuff is getting a good once a month DEEP clean..it will reduce my stress significantly !!!!
Unregistered 06:18 PM 09-24-2010
Every morning before daycare I get up wash a load of clothes, sweep and mop hardwood floors, vaccum whole house, clean the 2 bathrooms, and clean the kitchen. Then I clean the kitchen after every meal, and the play area after every free play, and clean up the play pens after nap. I do my BIG wash on Thursday I wash and dry in the mornings and put everything away during nap time, Fridays I do the big clean durning nap time.
Lucy 09:15 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Heather:
I agree..having a cleaning lady , if you can afford it, it WONDERFUL..I had one when I worked outside of the home and those days she came to clean and I came home from work..it was HEAVEN walking into my house !!

I am also hiring one to do the deep cleaning..windows, tubs, blinds, toilets, mop floors, scrub sinks, dust really good etc.. I am always cleaning and always will but to have her here to know that stuff is getting a good once a month DEEP clean..it will reduce my stress significantly !!!!

How much does that cost for once a month? And how long does it take her? Thanks!!
DBug 02:48 PM 09-25-2010
My cleaning lady recently quit . I still have to find another one, and I'm really missing having her here! She is a friend of mine though, and I didn't really mind her seeing my messy rooms (ie the master bedroom, where everything gets tossed!). She did my 3 bathrooms and all of the vaccuuming once a week. I disinfect the 2 bathrooms we use for daycare on an almost-daily basis with Lysol wipes, but she did all the scrubbing .

I've been working towards getting the cleaning done during daycare hours. I'm not a big fan of my husband taking excess time away from family time to work overtime, and I realized that's exactly what I was doing just to get the house clean for daycare. Now I clean the kitchen immediately after every snack and meal, with a mopping done after lunch, before quiet time. One bathroom gets done during our final potty time of the day, and the other gets done right after pm snack (it's right beside the play area, so I can see/hear the kids). I've been trying to do the weekly deep-clean during Friday's quiet time, but that's hit or miss because I usually really need that down time! My other issue is finding the right time to clean the toys. At the center I worked at, we did it during daycare hours, so I know it's possible.

But if you're thinking of having someone come in and clean -- do it! It's totally worth the money (and your husband and kids will appreciate having that much more of you to themselves, as well!).
Jewels 05:39 PM 09-25-2010
With cleaning toys, I always have a container I set in the playroom during cleanup time, and everything thats not battery operated, and smaller, the toys that always get put in mouths, (only the ones on the floor, cause those are the only ones played with) I have them throw in the container, and I dump them in a sink full of hot bleach water for 10 minutes, Then I rinse them and set them on the other side of the sink..........and all the toys that can't be mouthed, I spray with lysol or clorox anywhere hard surface, And Then I also periodically wipe them all down with a wrag and water with a cleaner in it, But for daily I do that,. But I have since this post was put up, put in for a couple quotes for a house cleaner for 1-2 times per month, depending on the price.
DanceMom 05:44 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Joyce:
How much does that cost for once a month? And how long does it take her? Thanks!!
When I had my last lady - I wasnt home when she cleaned but I believe she was here for approx 3-4 hours and she charged me $80. I have a three level home but didnt have her do the basement since Im never down there so she did two levels for that price. Worth every penny !!!!
misol 08:30 PM 09-25-2010
Jealous and so wish I could afford a cleaning lady! Cleaning is soooooo exhausting. My daycare is on the main level so I try to keep that in order but the rest of the house is anybody's guess. So that I don't spend my entire weekend cleaning, I just focus on one room/area per weekend. Each room gets deep cleaned about once a month with this rotation. The only problem is that my entire house is never clean at once. If the master bedroom is clean then the kids' rooms are a mess. If the kids' rooms are clean then the guest room is a mess. If the all the dishes are done then the laundry is piled to the ceiling. It never ends. My MIL got me a cleaning lady as a Christmas gift last year. That was one of the best gifts I ever received and i am forever grateful. if she asks, I am going to tell her I want the same thing this year.

Melskids and I absolutely L-O-V-E that peom. I am going hang a copy in my house too. These are my sentiments exactly!
DancingQueen 05:25 AM 09-26-2010
so until I was re-licensed this past January I worked full time out of the house. I have 4 children of my own and I could NOT keep up with my house. It was always a disaster

I am a big fan of making the entire family help - but it was still just way too much. After working full time days I had to come home and deal with Cross country, soccer, dance, 4-H and everything else.

Now? My house is NEAT (not spotless) all week long. So I guess I'm just the opposite now that I'm doing daycare I actually have a handle on things. I don't deep clean as much as I'd like and would LOVE to hire out for that - but I dont' have all my spots filled and we're barely paying our mortgage so I'm just going to have to make this work for now.

Every morning I wake up and pick up anything that has been left out that shouldn't be (usually by my own 4 year old). then I quickly sweep the kitchen, livingroom, playroom, hallway and bathroom. this takes about 10 minutes (the ONLY plus side to having a small house). then I have the world's greatest new mop EVER and I very quickly mop over the floor using just scalding hot water. It does the trick. My floors pass the white sock test after that.
My son (8 years old) does the dishwasher at night before bed time so I don't have to worry about that. My daughter (14) does the bathroom at night before bed so that is usually fine (and luckily all my daycare kids are too young for the bathroom right now hahaha).
My son (16 leaves me with an empty garbage can and recycling can every mornign so that makes it easy to clean as I go.

I unload the dishwasher in the morning b4 the kids come so that as we're eating I can just put things right intot he dishwasher - which saves on the mess. But if I have enough to fill the sink I leave it for my 8 year old. it is his chore. Not mine So he even does the daycare dishes.
Before we can go outside during the day the daycare play room has to be cleaned. this is THE best policy I have ever come up with. Now all my dck are really young so a lot of it is me wiith them - but everything has a place and the kids know where everything goes and they do sort of help - and I'm setting the stage for them getting older. so by 9:30 the play room (and toys anywhere) are clean. Then we come inside while I prep lunch and change diapers -
Before we eat lunch the play room has to be cleaned again.
then we eat lunch (then we drop my dd off at preschool and I put everyone down for naps) When I lay them down for naps at 12:15 I clean up after lunch - it takes me 5 minutes.
After nap time if we either go right outside for hte rest of the day - or we stay indoors but I make everyone start cleaning before afternoon snack (3:30). Most of hte kids are picked up between 4-4:30 so the only mess I'm left with at the end of the day really is the mess they make in an hour - which isn't too bad at all.

the stuff I struggle with is our families bedrooms, our laundry room, our laundry (worst) and our family room downstairs (all off limits to daycare). Our family lets those areas get really bad.

the other thing is by 6pm on a Friday my family has trashed my entire house. We are horrible during the weekend. But at 5pm on Sunday EVERYONE is responsible for busting their butts to get the house back into "daycare condition" since EVERYONE took part in messign it up.
PAMommy1228 07:54 AM 09-26-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I have my family help. They live here too, Im not the maid. Husband & girls do dishes, laundry, sweeps and mops if it needs done, clean bathroom, help with toy control, put away things outside. We are a family child care home, The whole family benefits from my income, the whole family benefits from me working at home, the whole family helps keep things flowing.

My husband says that the home is my job, and at his job he has to do cleaning.

I can get him to help sometimes, but not as much as I need him too. Drives me insane because he has 3 full days off and does nothing. I get 2 and I still have to take care of my 2 children. And my 7 yr old, I have a hard time even getting her to keep up with her room, never mind anything else.

I am tired of the fights, and I am tired of being overwhelmed.
melskids 10:09 AM 09-26-2010
Originally Posted by PAMommy1228:

I can get him to help sometimes, but not as much as I need him too. Drives me insane because he has 3 full days off and does nothing. I get 2 and I still have to take care of my 2 children. And my 7 yr old, I have a hard time even getting her to keep up with her room, never mind anything else.

oh, i go through this with my husband as well. (and my 2 boys) i told them that yes, i work from home, and yes, some of the mess is daycare related. but the DC kids dont fill the hamper, dirty the showers, walk through the house with greasy workboots on, hide stinky socks in the couch cushions, put the milk carton back empty, leave newspapers on the bathroom floor, cause the grass to grow, or eat supper here. no way am i gonna clean the family's mess all by myself. not gonna happen....lol
DancingQueen 10:22 AM 09-26-2010
same argument here. He says "I don't ask you to come and clean my desk at work"
<insert eye rolling here>

So I make him do even more of the NON daycare related stuff. Now he does all of the bath times for our kids. He handles my son's home work and getting him ready for school the next day - I even started making him do the grocery shopping.

If he can't assist with anything daycare related - and I can't assist with anything related to his job well then every single thing that has NOTHING to do with our jobs will be split 50/50

and the best part? I refuse.. flat out REFUSE to do any housework that isn't direcly related to my daycare kids during MY work day. whey he mentioned once that I should be able to get laundry done during the day I simply said "I don't ask you to do your laundry during your work day do I?"

Our latest argument is in the mornings. I have to pick up and get all the kids out the door WHILE getting ready for dck. He wakes up, showers and walks out the door. I told him from now on he is going to get his own kids up and ready for the day and get out the door - or we'll atleast split it 50/50 but there is NO reason that I have to handle all of it in the mornings .
AmandasFCC 12:18 PM 09-26-2010
Originally Posted by :
3 full days off and does nothing
UUUUUUUUUGHHHH!!!!! And when do YOU get a day off????

That's my argument to my hubby. Although truth be told, he's fantastic about helping me clean and never expects me to do it all. Actually, every Sunday night he's down in the playroom helping me sanitize my toys <3

The arguments come on his Wednesdays off when he wants to veg out, watch TV and do nothing, and our daughter wants his attention. "It's my day off, I just want to relax" he says. Yeah right, bud. Get your butt in the car and take her grocery shopping!
MommyMuffin 12:28 PM 09-26-2010
This has been an ongoing argument with my husband as well. There is just too much for 1 person to do. He hates the "nagging" as he says, but otherwise he will just sit on his butt. When he comes home I let him unwind and then I ask him to do things...most of the time it works. He knows that I am serious about it because I have made it clear to him in the past that it is a big deal! He told me he thought I liked doing it all. Ha..sometimes you just need to draw it out for them. If you have to make a chores chart for him and give him stickers then thats what is gonna happen. haha
MarinaVanessa 12:53 PM 09-26-2010
I have to say that yes I feel extremely lucky to have the fiance that I have. Yes he works and has 3 jobs actually. He has his real job (IT department Mon-Fri 7-4 for the DA, his PT job after his DA job (also IT work with 2 businesses once a week and whatever other work he can find) and an every other weekend job at a paintball field (runs the field for his buddy) AND HE STILL COMES HOME TO HELP ME COOK DINNER, WASH DISHES, and DO LAUNDRY!!

We are a family here and yes daycare makes a lot mess but like someone said previously ... daycare kids don't use towels, fill up the laundry hamper, etc. My 5yo hangs up her backpack when she comes home and puts her things away on her own every evening. Her room is cleaned each evening and she makes her own bed in the morning by herself (it's not perfect but she tries). My fiance takes his work things upstairs to our room each evening and if he leaves something like shoes, his jacket, work shirt etc. it gets tossed in the garage (not kidding, I scoop everything up and literally just throw it into the garage). His 2 brothers rent from us so they keep their things in their areas only or the same thing happens to their stuff. Everyone here contributes in one way or another. His bro's don't clean but they buy the shampoo, soap, laundry detergent (they do their own laundry) etc. and I get up very early in the AM to sweep, mop, vacuum and dust before waking up my daughter and getting her ready for school.

During the day I do the same (as needed) and deep clean one major thing/area a week (kitchen floors, bathroom floor, tub, etc.) after DC hours. Each evening I make the DC kids clean their toys before they go home and reserve the last 45 minutes of the day (5:45-6pm) for non-toy activities which vary (reading, outside play, sometimes we play a movie etc) so that the DC is cleaned up by closing. Throughout the day after acticities the DC kids clean up the messes. If we use paint they wash their brushes, wipe the table etc. If we use dough they pack it up, wipe the table etc. If we use scissors they pick up the trash etc. I also have a rule that they can only play with one thing at a time and if they want to do something else they have to clean their mess. If they want to play with blocks they can but they have to clean them up before going to another center etc. This helps so much. At the end of the day after DC closed I sweep, spot-mop/scrub the floors as needed, load/unload the dishwasher, start dinner, wash dishes as we use them, eat, clean up after dinner, load the dishwasher, run it etc.

I think we have it under control because we do it daily and because I inlcude the DC kids in the cleaning of their messes. If you do it little by little throughout the day it doesn't seem so overwhelming. Wipe the kitchen counters after lunch while the kids are eating, have them put their trash on their plates and line up in front of the trash can and hand each plate to you, scrape the plate and hand the plate back and have them load the plates in the dishwasher. My DC kids like to help out, they feel helpful. Our play-house center has play brooms, dusters and terry cloths and I often find them dusting my TV, bookshelves etc. lol.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:53 AM 09-27-2010
I think your husband should thank his lucky stars that he has YOU. If my husband said that to me I think I'd have to inform him that when he lives at work and stays there 24/7 he can use that excuse but until then he will respect me,.. the things I do for my family, and the way I raise our children. And continue to assist me in this journey. I must say that I would not be the woman I am today without my DH. He does appreciate everything I do, He supports me 100 % in every way. This whole journey to be accredited has taken alot of family resources, both time, and money. Its taken me away alot for classes and training. But the growing self esteem and professional pride has been worth it for all of us. My son who is away at college called me last week to tell me that he heard a conversation at a conference talking about a lady in our home county (he is in another) who was doing certain things, so he listened closer. He realized they were talking about HIS MOMMA!!!! He was so proud. I think ours is a unique profession that is very difficult to seperate home from work. I hope your dh realizes how amazing you are. =-) Im not nearly as patient or giving. lol.

Originally Posted by PAMommy1228:

PAMommy1228 09:55 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
same argument here. He says "I don't ask you to come and clean my desk at work"
<insert eye rolling here>

So I make him do even more of the NON daycare related stuff. Now he does all of the bath times for our kids. He handles my son's home work and getting him ready for school the next day - I even started making him do the grocery shopping.

If he can't assist with anything daycare related - and I can't assist with anything related to his job well then every single thing that has NOTHING to do with our jobs will be split 50/50

and the best part? I refuse.. flat out REFUSE to do any housework that isn't direcly related to my daycare kids during MY work day. whey he mentioned once that I should be able to get laundry done during the day I simply said "I don't ask you to do your laundry during your work day do I?"

Our latest argument is in the mornings. I have to pick up and get all the kids out the door WHILE getting ready for dck. He wakes up, showers and walks out the door. I told him from now on he is going to get his own kids up and ready for the day and get out the door - or we'll atleast split it 50/50 but there is NO reason that I have to handle all of it in the mornings .

UGH sounds like my house. He gets up and goes to work while I am getting the dck kids in the door, and trying to get my daughter out the door for school. And weekends, somehow magically I got to wake at the break of dawn to take care of our children while he sleeps in. I wish I had such luxuries.
PAMommy1228 09:58 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
UUUUUUUUUGHHHH!!!!! And when do YOU get a day off????

That's my argument to my hubby. Although truth be told, he's fantastic about helping me clean and never expects me to do it all. Actually, every Sunday night he's down in the playroom helping me sanitize my toys <3

The arguments come on his Wednesdays off when he wants to veg out, watch TV and do nothing, and our daughter wants his attention. "It's my day off, I just want to relax" he says. Yeah right, bud. Get your butt in the car and take her grocery shopping!

Apparently I do not. I have my 2 kids to take care of. He gets 1 weekend day off a week, but I am still mostly responsible for everything. Like this weekend, he goes at about 5 pm, "what are you making the kids for dinner?"

I laughed and said "Your a chef, get up and figure it out"
PAMommy1228 10:24 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I think your husband should thank his lucky stars that he has YOU. If my husband said that to me I think I'd have to inform him that when he lives at work and stays there 24/7 he can use that excuse but until then he will respect me,.. the things I do for my family, and the way I raise our children. And continue to assist me in this journey. I must say that I would not be the woman I am today without my DH. He does appreciate everything I do, He supports me 100 % in every way. This whole journey to be accredited has taken alot of family resources, both time, and money. Its taken me away alot for classes and training. But the growing self esteem and professional pride has been worth it for all of us. My son who is away at college called me last week to tell me that he heard a conversation at a conference talking about a lady in our home county (he is in another) who was doing certain things, so he listened closer. He realized they were talking about HIS MOMMA!!!! He was so proud. I think ours is a unique profession that is very difficult to seperate home from work. I hope your dh realizes how amazing you are. =-) Im not nearly as patient or giving. lol.
He better thank his lucky stars lol

I am not a clean freak by nature, I am just embarrassed when my parents come over and my floors look like they have not been washed for weeks.

He does help out if I nag enough, but it takes so much energy to nag, and then we are just at each other's throats and it just doesn't make for a lovely day, so I suck it up.
SunflowerMama 06:37 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
I have the world's greatest new mop EVER and I very quickly mop over the floor using just scalding hot water. It does the trick. My floors pass the white sock test after that.
What kind of mop do you have? I hate mine and I have all wood floors so a new mop that I could sweep over the floors in the morning would be awesome!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:06 AM 09-28-2010
What mop??? You cant post like this and leave us hanging!!!! lol

Originally Posted by twinmama:
What kind of mop do you have? I hate mine and I have all wood floors so a new mop that I could sweep over the floors in the morning would be awesome!

DancingQueen 05:09 AM 09-28-2010
here is a link to the mop click here

I actually got suckered at one of those in person infomercials at the local big fair. I have been struggling with clean floors for a while. i have every swiffer, wet mop, dry mop, old nasty sponge mop.. you name it - I've got it and none of them make my floor feel clean.

I bought the mop with 2 pads, 2 microfiber dust pads and it also came with 2 of the multi purpose cloths.

I love the fact that these pads just velcor onto the bottom of the mop. And the velcro has no chance of coming loose anytime soon it is STRONG. When I finish a room I pull off the pad - run it under hot water, ring it out and do the next room. I have been able to thoroughly clean my floors with just the hot water - but I just started using the vinegar/water solution. When I'm done I just ring them out with hot water and put them on the porch to dry and use again. AFter a couple of days they start to get a little icky so I toss them in the washing machine (they said make sure you use no fabric softener) and they are as good as new.

The cloths that came with them I figured were no better than any other micro fiber cloth. But I was wrong. The thing cleans like my magic eraser!!! I'm not kidding. I LOVE the system and would recomend it to anyone. it was expensive but worth every penny. and the fact that I don't have to replace mop heads, or buy refillable bottles of cleaner or buy pads for them.. makes it worth it.
DancingQueen 05:11 AM 09-28-2010
oh and the part of the mop that the pad adhears to has little round circles. two on each side of the pole.
those are for things that don't want to come off your floor. You put your foot on it and push hard back and forth with your foot while you are sliding themop bak and forth. When I saw him doing that live I thought "that is just stupid" but seriously? It works..LOL
DWTC 06:18 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I only have infants so it is easier because i dont have the messes with toys and stuff. Generally though I can do some things while they nap, or if they are watching Elmo, I can fold a quick load of laundry. I do work on cleaning in the am too and at night when they leave, like vaccum for the next day. I am OCD so my house is in pretty clean & organizied shape to begin with, and that REALLY helps!
Originally Posted by boysx5:

You both must mean anally retentive?
melskids 10:00 AM 09-28-2010
i'm CDO. its like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order like they're supposed to be
DWTC 01:02 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
i'm CDO. its like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order like they're supposed to be
LOL!! Nice!
JJPlaycare 04:56 PM 09-28-2010
I wish I had some CDO! LOL That is hillarious, thanks for the chuckle!
Lucy 06:27 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
Ok, that one made me laugh!! Thanks.
legomom922 07:07 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by DWTC:
You both must mean anally retentive?
YUP!!
Tags:cleaning
Reply Up