Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How "In The Know" Do You Keep DCPs?
SunflowerMama 11:01 AM 06-23-2011
I communicate a lot with my dcps...email, text, blog, and newsletter about things we're doing, policies, special events, etc.

I'm just wondering if you always inform families about changes in enrollment. Kids leaving, adding new kids, others that are gone some days for pre-k, etc.

I'm losing 2 dcks to kinder and gaining 2 infants over the next 2 weeks. I was going to put something in the July newsletter welcoming the infants but don't know if it warrants a seperate email since our group has been just preschool age for so long. I also have 2 dcks staying home with mom until Oct while she's on maternity and then my 2 kids will be gone twice a week starting in Aug. for a MDO program.

Just how informed do you keep your parents?
jojosmommy 11:20 AM 06-23-2011
I let them know if I have a spot I am trying to fill. I offer a referral bonus. Also, when someone is gone parents ask so I usually give them the short and sweet if someone leaves, was termed, on vacation/maternity. Obviously you can't give too much info but my families want to know where their kids friends are.
Pammie 11:27 AM 06-23-2011
I do all of these type of communications in my monthly newsletter.

Just a simple, "This month we welcome Suzie and her parents Bob and Jane to daycare. Suzie is a delightful 15 month old that will be with us on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

Or when someone permanently leaves. "Last month we said a very sad good-bye to Joe. We're sure that he will have some wonderful adventures in kindergarten this year. We wish Joe, and his parents, only the best."

I never communicate about other family's schedule changes, temporary leaves of absence, etc. Honestly my clients couldn't care to be bothered with what other families do - and if they're curious about why they don't see a particular child around, they just ask.
lulu 11:30 AM 06-23-2011
Hi - I'm a mom, not a DCP. I don't get any updates at all, but I would LOVE to! I think it's great that you keep them in the loop of things you have going on!
DEBBIES DAYCARE 11:57 AM 06-23-2011
I have a bulletin board that I post the months menus, birthday announcements, welcomes and goodbyes and any other news I think I would like to share. There, I post memos of reminders such as a closing date, vacation date, and my "date night" or weekend sched I offer from time to time. My parents all know to look now, although I often send a copy of the memo home as well. I dont even do a newsletter anymore, however am considering a website.
CheekyChick 02:14 PM 06-23-2011
I give my parents a daily letter (of how their child did that day), I give them a newsletter four times a year, and I post reminders on Facebook.
Tags:communication, parents - involved
Reply Up