Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Syatic Nerve
Country Kids 06:26 AM 03-09-2012
I dont know if I spelled that right but I hurt this morning pretty bad from mine. I think thats whats bugging me. All I know is, I could barely get out of bed and walk. Then if I sit down it is sooooo painful to get up.

Has anyone had theres act up? What did you do to get relieve. Last mouth mine bugged me off and on for about a week but I don't remember it being this bad. I hope today goes quick because its going to be hard chasing the group today if I feel this way-
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 03-09-2012
Sciatica pain is tough. Sometimes sciatica goes away on its own. Treatment, if needed, depends on the cause of the problem. It may include exercises, medicines and surgery.

Sorry I wasn't much help as that is all I know. I have known people who regularly see a chiropracter for treatment and I know people who have had surgery too soo....
Country Kids 06:32 AM 03-09-2012
It went away on its own last month and it was so nice to have it gone. I would just like to know what causes it so if its something I can pervent I would at allllllll cost!!!!
itlw8 06:35 AM 03-09-2012
dh was off work for a month years ago because of it.. the steroid shot in the back worked wonders for him and he has had no problems since then.
Crystal 06:53 AM 03-09-2012
I have been dealing with this for about three months now. It is horrible. It is so bad that the lower part of my leg goes completely numb and I have actually fallen a couple of times.

Here's what I have found helps, but doesn't completely alleveiate it:

walking more than sitting
icy hot
ice packs
specific back/ab/calf exercises and stretches
Motrin.....LOTS of it.

That's all you can really do, as far as I know.
Michael 05:11 PM 03-09-2012
Accupuncture and stretching.
Ariana 05:37 PM 03-09-2012
I had it bad in my 2nd trimester of pg. I had to go see a chiroprator and massage. I could barely walk.
PitterPatter 06:36 PM 03-09-2012
My Mother and I both have problems with Sciatic nerves. Hers is worse than mine and she has to get a shot sometimes for it. Mine acts up when I have been overactive or bending too much. Every year like clock work I get it flared up when I work on my flower garden because of the prolonged bending. I feel your pain I know I have barely made it into the house before and when I do I collapse on the couch in pain. I take Extra Strength Tylenol for mine but it doesn't take all the pain away. It hasn't stopped me from doing daycare yet though. Those days are free days the kids can play anything they want as long as they want. I hope you feel better soon!! Def not a picnic!!
Tags:back pain, injury, sciatica pain, stress
Reply Up