Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Threw A Fit And Injured A DCG
mrsp'slilpeeps 11:55 AM 06-15-2012
I do drop in care for 2 brothers every friday since December.

The oldest is 3 and he throws a fit EVERY time he gets dropped off.

This morning he took off out the door so mom went and grabbed him and brought him back inside. He then took his sippy cup and threw it at one of my full time DCG, right in the forehead.

Mom was so shocked and upset that he would do that, she took him in my bathroom and proceeded to spank him. She Came out and was so upset and crying and asking me what's wrong with my child, then left without her children.

Leaving me with the stress of a screaming child and me wondering how I'm supposed to tell DCG mom why her daughter has a huge bruise on her forehead.

My husband told me I should have told her to take her kids and leave, and never come back.

I think I need to have a convo with mom about the fact that he obviously does not like coming here, and she needs to find someone else.

So how do I go about this?
WImom 12:05 PM 06-15-2012
WOW what a morning for you!

I would just tell her that her son is not adjusting to your house and that you can nolonger accept them as a drop in client. I'd leave it at that. Since they are drop in you shouldn't be obligated to give them notice.
cheerfuldom 12:09 PM 06-15-2012
I think you need to have a termination letter and all their belongings ready to go at the end of the day. Continual bad behavior and aggressive behavior has officially gone too far. I would never allow any parent to spank their child while in my home. I realize they have a right to discipline as they see fit but I would have had them take their child immediately, deal with it at home and then try and come back (if I even wanted them back). There is a liability attached with allowing spanking to happen in your daycare, even if it is from the parent.

At this point, I think this mom and this kid have gone way beyond just a conversation. Like I said, I would terminate immediately. This is way too stressful for drop in kids. and you dont want to lose any full timers who get hurt every time these rascals show up.
Tags:injury, tantrums
Reply Up