Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easy Clean High Chair
DaycareMama 07:31 PM 04-12-2013
I am currently looking for an easy clean high chair. I would like one that doesn't have a "cloth" seat cover AND one that the seat it self has no nooks, holes or grooves. I want to be able to sweep the dropped food out, clean it and go right on to the next kid. Easy Peasy! I would also like it to have a tray

Has anyone seen one like this?
blandino 07:43 PM 04-12-2013
No, but my newest dream invention is a high chair tray that has layers that peel off the top (think a pan lined with reynolds wrap). So that you can just remove a layer and it's clean. I hate washing and specifically drying high chair trays.
DaycareMama 07:46 PM 04-12-2013
Ohh that sounds so nice

lets modify that dream and have peeling seats too! I hate cleaning in those groves and cracks. So gross!
youretooloud 07:51 PM 04-12-2013
I only have the ikea high chairs... and I might look the other way when the dog eats the scraps in the seat part. (that's like a self cleaning high chair)
DaycareMama 08:13 PM 04-12-2013
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I only have the ikea high chairs... and I might look the other way when the dog eats the scraps in the seat part. (that's like a self cleaning high chair)
Seriously I swear its the only way!!

I like this one but not for $260

http://www.kaplanco.com/store/trans/...4||0&PID=40790
cheerfuldom 08:17 PM 04-12-2013
best high chair ever http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39004733/

Lyss 08:21 PM 04-12-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I have 2 and love them! We use them for eating and in the tub!
DaycareMama 08:22 PM 04-12-2013

I like that one and the price too. Does it have straps to buckle them in?
Oneluckymom 10:03 PM 04-12-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I like that one and the price too. Does it have straps to buckle them in?
This is definitely the easiest high chair to clean and most inexpensive...perfect for daycare! I have 2.

Yes, they come with safety straps.
LaLa1923 05:34 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I have 2 and love them! We use them for eating and in the tub!
In the tub?? Lol

What if the baby isn't sitting up all the way?
DaisyMamma 06:14 AM 04-13-2013

Yep. That's the one I was going to recommend.
MNMum 03:40 PM 04-13-2013
If you get one new they have straps. If you get one off of craigslist - ask. The older models did not have straps.
boysx5 03:53 PM 04-13-2013
I have this one and love it so easy to clean
countrymom 05:01 AM 04-14-2013
I own 4 ikea highchairs and i love them. They even stack nicely. We only eat in them so they are perfect (and cheap) the only thing I don't like is that they put the saftey stickers on the inside and they are huge, well everytime we eat something messy the sticker is yuck and its pealing now. I wish they would have put it on the back behind the chair. If anyone knows how to get rid of the sticker please let me know.
bluemoose_mom 06:22 AM 04-14-2013
I have 3 of the Ikea one's, and I love them!! They are so easy to clean, and they do stack nicely. You can't beat the price either.

I agree with the sticker, all of mine are sooo gross! I've tried to get if off, but can't.
e.j. 08:14 AM 04-14-2013
So, I have to ask......does spaghetti sauce stain the Ikea chair at all? I like the looks of the chair and the price but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the white chair is, "Ooh! Spaghetti sauce could be a real problem!"

Would a blow dryer set on high heat be enough to melt the glue on the sticker so you could take it off? Or maybe that Goo Gone stuff that takes stickers off?
MarinaVanessa 08:23 AM 04-14-2013
I have four Ikea high chairs also and no, spaghetti sauce does not stain them. I've had all of mine for about three years and I love that I can clean them easily. I remove the tray and throw those in the dishwasher weekly.

When I don't need them all they stack up neatly (tray removed) and don't take up as much room as regular baby highchairs. For young infants that can't support themselves I tuck rolled up towels around them to protect them from the hard plastic. I love them.

I'm not sure about the sticker, mine don't have a sticker on any part of the chair that I can see. To remove stickers try Goo Gone, if that doesn't work try soaking a paper towel in vinegar and let it sit on the sticker. If its a paper sticker it should come of easier with the Goo Gone.
Lyss 10:06 AM 04-14-2013
++
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
In the tub?? Lol

What if the baby isn't sitting up all the way?
We used it in the tub and pool a few times with my niece and DD, when they weren't stable enough to sit by themselves.

They sell these padded inserts for little ones. I also use towels

Originally Posted by e.j.:
So, I have to ask......does spaghetti sauce stain the Ikea chair at all? I like the looks of the chair and the price but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the white chair is, "Ooh! Spaghetti sauce could be a real problem!"

Would a blow dryer set on high heat be enough to melt the glue on the sticker so you could take it off? Or maybe that Goo Gone stuff that takes stickers off?
Mine doesn't have any stickers except underneath which I got off easily and no spaghetti stains (we love spaghetti!).
AmyKidsCo 11:18 AM 04-14-2013
I have the Ikea one too and love it except the tray doesn't get close enough to the child. I put a towel behind him but there's still all kinds of food in the seat when he's done eating.
DaycareMama 06:35 PM 04-14-2013
They stack too

I so regret not taking the 3 hour drive this weekend. Stacking, easy cleaning and right price... You can't beat that.

I am sold ladies. Thank you!!
Hmmm do they deliver??
Unregistered 06:57 AM 04-15-2013
Here is the link on amazon to the Rubbermaid high chair I have. I also have trays for them, sold seperatley, I have had the same 3 highchairs for about 10 years and they are so easy to clean and stack too!
LOVE THEM!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KD65T2/...SIN=B005KD65T2
harperluu 09:08 AM 04-15-2013
I've never used a high chair in child care for the very reasons you describe. Young infants are fed in a bouncy seat on the floor and once they can sit up well the are transistioned to a booster seat. I use the Fisher Price booster seat that straps to a regular chair and has a tray. I have three older versions but I think the the one that is currently available is around $25. It is EASY. All parts go in the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning (when straps become dirty). The back can be removed for toddlers and smaller preschoolers. I love it! I put them all away on the weekends so my house doesn't feel so much like a child care center.
ABCDaycareMN 09:16 AM 04-15-2013
I have a space saver high chair. It comes with a seat cover but I don't use it. I am able to just wipe it out.

It also had a tray that is dishwasher safe. Plus for me!
bluemoose_mom 10:41 AM 04-15-2013
Yes, Ikea ship's. I had my 3 shipped to me.
mema 02:05 PM 04-15-2013
I've used the reclining seats that attach to chairs and the Ikea ones. I love the Ikea ones and sold my reclining seats. I hated having to take them off the chairs when we had company over to eat and there were a lot of cracks for food to fall in. In the summer, I take the Ikea ones outside and hose them down, otherwise I just put them in the shower when they need a good cleaning.
sahm1225 10:31 PM 04-20-2013
Question for those that own the high chairs from ikea -

1) When you say 'they stack' does that mean you put them on top of one another? (I know it sounds silly but want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding!)
2) for those that. Use it in the tub and outside. Is it hard to put the legs back on when you are done outside or tub?

Thank yuu
bluemoose_mom 07:21 AM 04-21-2013
As for question one, yes they stack without the trays on. What I do (I have 3), I take the tray off two of them, and stack those two together. I take the one with the tray still on, and stack that on the two. Then I stack the trays on the top one that still has the tray on it.

As far as question two, I have no idea. I have never thought of doing this...I think it would be easy to get the legs back on, as I don't remember them being difficult to put on. I think all you have to do is push a button, but I could be remembering wrong.
Lyss 10:00 AM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Question for those that own the high chairs from ikea -

1) When you say 'they stack' does that mean you put them on top of one another? (I know it sounds silly but want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding!)
2) for those that. Use it in the tub and outside. Is it hard to put the legs back on when you are done outside or tub?

Thank yuu
Its really easy to get the legs back on and off! They just snap in and out
Liliya 06:51 AM 04-22-2013
Ikea here too and love it! Good price,easy to clean,do not take much space
DaycareMama 02:49 PM 04-23-2013
So it figures. I have check the 2 ikeas around me and neither one has them in stock. You also can't order them online. I hope they aren't discontinuing them?!
You can however buy the one without the tray.. but I really want the tray.
Lyss 03:53 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
So it figures. I have check the 2 ikeas around me and neither one has them in stock. You also can't order them online. I hope they aren't discontinuing them?!
You can however buy the one without the tray.. but I really want the tray.
The tray is an add-on accessory, like $5 I think, they don't technically sell them together like a set (at least at my store that's how it is)
sahm1225 08:47 PM 05-03-2013
How do you remove the tray? I just bought these and put them on and can't take them off!!
DaycareMama 01:20 PM 05-04-2013
can anyone currently order the trays? I still can't?? I can get the highchairs but no trays. Its killing me lol
sahm1225 03:29 PM 05-04-2013
I went to ikea last night and they have them at the stores.
I just can't figure out how to take them off!
Tags:high chair
Reply Up