Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Came the Freezing Rain
Bookworm 03:54 AM 02-15-2014
Starting Tuesday, my state has been on lockdown due to freezing rain, sleet, and snow for 2 1/2 days. It was pretty bad and some are still without lights. Well, last night around 10:40, there was a small earthquake. 4.1 on the Richter Scale and the epicenter was about 60 mi from where we were but the whole house shook for a few seconds. Totally freaked us out because we've never been through that before.
morgan24 04:32 AM 02-15-2014
Wow...that makes the sub-zero temps and tons of snow we have had dumped on Michigan not so bad! Hope you stay warm and safe!
Bookworm 06:35 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by morgan24:
Wow...that makes the sub-zero temps and tons of snow we have had dumped on Michigan not so bad! Hope you stay warm and safe!
We are just shocked and fascinated at the same time.
snbauser 06:37 AM 02-15-2014
I must not be far from you because the earthquake is all over my newsfeed this morning. I didn't feel it but I was sound asleep and drugged with cold meds but people who live nearby say they felt it.
Blackcat31 06:46 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
Starting Tuesday, my state has been on lockdown due to freezing rain, sleet, and snow for 2 1/2 days. It was pretty bad and some are still without lights. Well, last night around 10:40, there was a small earthquake. 4.1 on the Richter Scale and the epicenter was about 60 mi from where we were but the whole house shook for a few seconds. Totally freaked us out because we've never been through that before.
Wow! Bookworm that is crazy! I sure hope everyone is okay and that you all get your power/lights back on soon. Stay safe and warm!

Originally Posted by morgan24:
We get tons of snow and temps below zero all winter too and I'll take that over what Bookworm just went through ANY day!!

That's part of why I love where I live...no earthquakes, no chaos over sleet and ice, no mudslides, no hurricanes etc...
Bookworm 08:57 AM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow! Bookworm that is crazy! I sure hope everyone is okay and that you all get your power/lights back on soon. Stay safe and warm!

We get tons of snow and temps below zero all winter too and I'll take that over what Bookworm just went through ANY day!!

That's part of why I love where I live...no earthquakes, no chaos over sleet and ice, no mudslides, no hurricanes etc...
Snow in the south is not all that common but we do have it at least once a year. This was the second time within about 2 weeks. Earthquakes? I believe the last major one was I the late 1880's. I personally didn't lose power but the rural areas are in trouble.
Reply Up