Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reporting a Fellow Teacher?
ItSMEONTHEHOUSE 02:57 PM 07-18-2019
I've been on here before. So I just start work on Friday. I've noticed some things the unqualified lead teacher does. For starters, her kid is in the class so that's automatic favoritism. Today she saw her kid hit a kid and said, "I didn't see anything haha." Then her kid got hit by another kid with a block and she said, "THEY hit *name* with a truck." Odd choice of words don't you think? Why'd she refer to a kid as they? Instead of his name?

Then I asked her, "is *name* had anymore of his food left" (they usally eats a lot for lunch and was still hungry) she said " there's nothing left." There was the other half of his sandwich left. I told the other teacher and she said, "Well sometimes we say that so they can have a snack for later." ????.

I also notice that she unfairly treats a kid (the sandwich kid) and always put them in time out for literally no reason. They're just hyper. And it looks a little rough when she grabs them.

Also she doesn't fill out ALL the incidents reports as needed. She told me to leave sandwich kid in the highchair (form of discipline there) and just let them cry is out because "their parents said to do that so they'll learn" BUT How can they learn if they didn't do anything?! I'm not gonna let a kid cry. She also holds sandwich kid down during nap with a blanket over their head and said "they told me to do this for him." It looks hard she said, "i was scared to do it at first but you gotta."

I literally just started and I don't want to start something but I think I'm going to tell the director tomorrow and tell her I have a concern. How should I do it? Advice?

THis is a VERY SMALL and family owned daycare so word spreads fast. Please help me. I'll just say, "I don't wanna start something but I need to voice my concerns..."

I'm calling the kid they because I don't wanna disclose gender
megoddess444 06:18 PM 07-18-2019
Sounds terrible. I would definitely talk to the director. If your gut says something wrong, trust it. I couldn’t handle a child being treated this way. Favoritisms that is obvious bothers me too. Good luck. But definitely say something.
Blackcat31 06:15 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by ItSMEONTHEHOUSE:
I've been on here before. So I just start work on Friday. I've noticed some things the unqualified lead teacher does. For starters, her kid is in the class so that's automatic favoritism. Today she saw her kid hit a kid and said, "I didn't see anything haha." Then her kid got hit by another kid with a block and she said, "THEY hit *name* with a truck." Odd choice of words don't you think? Why'd she refer to a kid as they? Instead of his name?

Then I asked her, "is *name* had anymore of his food left" (they usally eats a lot for lunch and was still hungry) she said " there's nothing left." There was the other half of his sandwich left. I told the other teacher and she said, "Well sometimes we say that so they can have a snack for later." ????.

I also notice that she unfairly treats a kid (the sandwich kid) and always put them in time out for literally no reason. They're just hyper. And it looks a little rough when she grabs them.

Also she doesn't fill out ALL the incidents reports as needed. She told me to leave sandwich kid in the highchair (form of discipline there) and just let them cry is out because "their parents said to do that so they'll learn" BUT How can they learn if they didn't do anything?! I'm not gonna let a kid cry. She also holds sandwich kid down during nap with a blanket over their head and said "they told me to do this for him." It looks hard she said, "i was scared to do it at first but you gotta."

I literally just started and I don't want to start something but I think I'm going to tell the director tomorrow and tell her I have a concern. How should I do it? Advice?

THis is a VERY SMALL and family owned daycare so word spreads fast. Please help me. I'll just say, "I don't wanna start something but I need to voice my concerns..."

I'm calling the kid they because I don't wanna disclose gender
You should be concerned and good for you for noticing right away that things aren't good. Many of the things you posted are completely unacceptable and against licensing rules/regulations in most states.

What state are you in? We can provide contact info so that you know where/who to report these concerns to.
You can report anonymously so that no one knows it was you. It could be a parent, a concerned neighbor or anyone that has had contact with the daycare.

If you are still concerned about them finding out it was you, you are welcome to PM me the state/town you are in and I will do what I can to help you.

You will need to create an account in order to PM members however but you aren't required to post anything personal about yourself.
CeriBear 06:15 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by megoddess444:
Sounds terrible. I would definitely talk to the director. If your gut says something wrong, trust it. I couldn’t handle a child being treated this way. Favoritisms that is obvious bothers me too. Good luck. But definitely say something.
This^

And these incident reports. Are you referring to the accident reports that are to be filed out when a child is injured? If the teacher is not filling these out I’d offer to do it myself. These reports are required by law. If she tells you no go straight to the director or tell the teacher that you ARE going to write up a report because it’s required.
Tags:bad provider, complaint, mandated reporter
Reply Up