Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whoo Hoo!
MissAnn 08:13 AM 02-10-2017
This morning a mom gave me a check for $35 more than usual. Total mistake. I told her she's lucky I'm an honest girl. She asked me how much it was supposed to be for.....how do you forget? You pay the same amount every week!
Gemma 09:03 AM 02-10-2017

nanglgrl 11:19 AM 02-10-2017
I had a dad give me an extra $20 cash a week ago, I informed parents and returned the extra. The next week he gave me an extra $60. I text mom and asked "geesh, how much does he think I charge? If he is hinting that he doesn't think I charge enough I'd be glad to raise my rates for you!" (I'm on the high end for my area).
Crazy8 11:22 AM 02-10-2017
I have a family that did that often. Their tuition was $166/wk, but paid biweekly so it was $332 but when they had 2 kids here it was $664 so all those double numbers confused us both, LOL!
284878 06:51 AM 02-11-2017
I had a family start and give me a check for ten dollars more. I have a no change policy any overpayment is a gift. The next week they did the same thing. Okay wasn't sure what to think. By the third week she still wrote for ten extra but then asked for it as a credit, which I gave her.
284878 06:54 AM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I had a dad give me an extra $20 cash a week ago, I informed parents and returned the extra. The next week he gave me an extra $60. I text mom and asked "geesh, how much does he think I charge? If he is hinting that he doesn't think I charge enough I'd be glad to raise my rates for you!" (I'm on the high end for my area).
I wonder if he was confusing the amount he owed you and another bill, possible short changing someone else.
MsLisa 07:13 AM 02-13-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
I had a family start and give me a check for ten dollars more. I have a no change policy any overpayment is a gift. The next week they did the same thing. Okay wasn't sure what to think. By the third week she still wrote for ten extra but then asked for it as a credit, which I gave her.
My family does the same thing every week. I just take it as a tip since I go above and beyond just watching the kids & gas.

Same thing happens with most date night families, they add $10 to my pay even though I never ask.
Reply Up