Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Head Start- Child Care Partnerships (EHS-CCP)
Blackcat31 08:51 AM 06-10-2014
Has anyone partnered with Early Head Start in their child care program's yet?

I recently received some info about EHS-CCP and have a few questions so I was curious to see if anyone has done this.

So far, all this is all the info I have:

In January of 2014, Congress appropriated $500,000,000 to expand the number and quality of early learning opportunities for infants and toddlers through Early Head Start - Child Care Partnerships (EHS-CCP) grants or new Early Head Start (EHS) grants.

This new competitive grant opportunity will fund both the partnering of Early Head Start programs with child care providers and non-partnership Early Head Start Expansion. Under EHS-CCP, new or existing Early Head Start grantees will partner with regulated center-based or family child care providers who agree to meet the Head Start Program Performance Standards. The resulting partnerships will allow programs to leverage their funds to provide more high quality early learning slots in their community.

Both EHS expansion and EHS-CCP grantees must follow Early Head Start Program Performance Standards. Applicants who propose a partnership with local child care providers and demonstrate strong alignment with other federally, state, or locally funded early childhood programs, such as Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF), will receive competitive priority.

Annalee 09:37 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Has anyone partnered with Early Head Start in their child care program's yet?

I recently received some info about EHS-CCP and have a few questions so I was curious to see if anyone has done this.

So far, all this is all the info I have:

In January of 2014, Congress appropriated $500,000,000 to expand the number and quality of early learning opportunities for infants and toddlers through Early Head Start - Child Care Partnerships (EHS-CCP) grants or new Early Head Start (EHS) grants.

This new competitive grant opportunity will fund both the partnering of Early Head Start programs with child care providers and non-partnership Early Head Start Expansion. Under EHS-CCP, new or existing Early Head Start grantees will partner with regulated center-based or family child care providers who agree to meet the Head Start Program Performance Standards. The resulting partnerships will allow programs to leverage their funds to provide more high quality early learning slots in their community.

Both EHS expansion and EHS-CCP grantees must follow Early Head Start Program Performance Standards. Applicants who propose a partnership with local child care providers and demonstrate strong alignment with other federally, state, or locally funded early childhood programs, such as Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF), will receive competitive priority.
I recently got an email from my previous licensing lady saying Head Start was looking for child care facilities in my county and the one over for vacant rooms for 3 and 4 year olds.....it didn't mention a collaboration, just the need for rooms with a contact number. Maybe Head Start is expanding everywhere! ????
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:50 AM 06-10-2014
I was a type B headstart home for years but then they made it 3 county funded kids and I didn't have that.
I loved the lady that came weekly- great to bounce things off of!
Tags:early head start, ehs-ccp
Reply Up