Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Aggressive Child, Behavior Plan or Term?
Luvnmykidz 10:41 AM 04-15-2015
Hello all,
I have posted about this dck before for biting. This child is now 20 months. This child has bitten, hit pushed kids and recently hurt another child with an item causing the other child to bleed. This child is shadowed for the entire day whenever aggression is displayed towards anyone. This last incident I was at the other end of the room laying down nap mats and the children were instructed to clean up and lets prepare for rest time. This child swung an object and was instructed to stop. As I was walking towards the child to remove the object, the child swung the object again and hit another child with it. The child was separated from the group and remained at my side for the rest of the day given only soft infant toys to play with. I plan to put the child on probation for two weeks and if anymore aggression is directed to another child this child will be termed immediately. I'm just curious to see how others have dealt with similar things and a child this age. Do you all have a clear cut behavior plan for a child not quite 2, do you just term due to the severity of it, or is there something else you do? I'm not worried about terming financially, as the safety of my group out weighs the money aspect. I do want to be fair though and take in to consideration this child's age, but not make excuses and say "oh its a phase". Anyways I'm interested to see your thoughts. TIA
Tags:aggressive behavior, termination - behavioral
Up