Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Safe Sleep Ready Babies
nannyde 04:01 PM 07-09-2017
For providers who take babies from birth to one, can you tell me an average over the last five years (or since you started doing care) of the percent of babies that enter daycare with the ability to sleep in a safe sleep position and safe sleep environment when they begin care?

I'm specifically asking about the ability to sleep flat on their backs (for the ones who can't flip from back to belly), sleep on a flat horizontal firm surface, sleep without ANYTHING in crib or playpen including lovies, blankets, cloth, sleep without equipment such as swings, carriers or vibrating seats, sleep without being held, walked, or rocked.

Are you receiving babies who have parents who follow safe sleep practices? If they are not, do you feel comfortable discussing safe sleep practices with them and do you document that you have discussed these with them and offered whatever resources you offered?

In my last group of babies in Des Moines, I had one of five babies that slept on back, did not require cloth, motion, bottle, hold, walk, rock to get to sleep when they entered care.

Of the ones who could not, what were they used to before care and how long did it take before they were able to in your care? What percentage did inability to sleep safely end up being termed by you or parent?
Tags:confinement, confinement equipment, infant sleep, positional asphyxia, safe sleep, sids, sids prevention, sleeping positions, suid, suids
Up