Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have Any Of You Ever Met Face To Face?
2ndFamilyDC 10:14 AM 09-23-2011
Just curious how many providers on here have actually met other providers on here. After talking to each other on the forum have you made plans to meet somewhere, made lasting friendships because of this forum?
MsMe 10:19 AM 09-23-2011
I have never met anyone here....but I did find out earlier this week that my boyfriend (and in decemeber me too!!) lives about 6 blocks from Nannyde

Small world.
MarinaVanessa 10:19 AM 09-23-2011
I met someone off of here before ... totally by accident too. I went to a training and she figured out who I was (she wasn't a member of the forum yet) by the stories and information I shared. She made the connection on her own . Goes to show how much I gab about my life on here. Anyway, eventually she became a member of the forum and we've messaged back and forth and such a few times. Other than that one time I havn't met with her face to face again but I know if I need a resource I can reach out to her .
wdmmom 10:21 AM 09-23-2011
Nannyde and I know each other. We live about 20 minutes from each other. She watched my youngest daughter for about 2 years and we usually talk everyday!

I started doing daycare about 2.5 years ago and she's helped me learn a lot. She's my "Go-To-Gal"!
MarinaVanessa 10:22 AM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Nannyde and I know each other. We live about 20 minutes from each other. She watched my youngest daughter for about 2 years and we usually talk everyday!

I started doing daycare about 2.5 years ago and she's helped me learn a lot. She's my "Go-To-Gal"!
I am now officially jelous of you
2ndFamilyDC 11:06 AM 09-23-2011
Well pretty cool that you live so close to NannyDe and she is your go to gal WdmMom.
And soon MsMe you may be able to say that too.

MarinaVanessa, that is pretty cool that someone figured out who you were outside of here. It does help to have someone to talk to about daycare, because no one can understand like another daycare provider.
Heidi 12:02 PM 09-23-2011
Years ago I was on another forum, and some of us decided to meet at a conference in Illinios. " How will we recognize each other?", we wondered. We all wore tiaras! Not only did we then find each other, but in every class, people asked about the tiaras.

This was in the early days of the internet, so we got quite a reaction when we said we met "on the internet".

Funnest conference ever, by the way!
Michael 12:04 PM 09-23-2011
I know a couple members here are no more then 20 miles from me but I have never met anyone from here. Would love to put together a group for breakfast or brunch.
sharlan 12:05 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by bbo:
Years ago I was on another forum, and some of us decided to meet at a conference in Illinios. " How will we recognize each other?", we wondered. We all wore tiaras! Not only did we then find each other, but in every class, people asked about the tiaras.

This was in the early days of the internet, so we got quite a reaction when we said we met "on the internet".

Funnest conference ever, by the way!
I did that with several different groups of rv'rs. It was great to get together to camp with people I knew from forums. I even flew down to FL twice to meet up with one group.

I don't know of anyone from here that lives in my immediate area.
Michael 12:08 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I did that with several different groups of rv'rs. It was great to get together to camp with people I knew from forums. I even flew down to FL twice to meet up with one group.

I don't know of anyone from here that lives in my immediate area.
You have your location as "California" but you should consider putting a closer town near you in your profile. I am in California also but if you lived near San Francisco it would be like living in another country from me.
sharlan 12:13 PM 09-23-2011
I'm in Chino. I think it would be great to meet others from here. Someone brought it up awhile back, but most were wanting the anonymity of the internet.
Tags:members - in same town
Reply Up