Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sensory Bottles
thetoddlerwhisper 11:56 AM 01-08-2014
making new sensory bottles today but cant seem to get a good seal on these powerade bottles. ive always used hot glue. does something else work better? i have 2 leaky bottles that ive just made.........
Blackcat31 11:58 AM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by athacker:
making new sensory bottles today but cant seem to get a good seal on these powerade bottles. ive always used hot glue. does something else work better? i have 2 leaky bottles that ive just made.........
I've always used super glue. I've never had one leak.

I use these kinds of water bottles. Plastic lids.

melilley 12:00 PM 01-08-2014
I use gatorade bottles and I don't use anything to seal them. I have never had one leak!
thetoddlerwhisper 12:01 PM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I've always used super glue. I've never had one leak.

I use these kinds of water bottles. Plastic lids.

i tried those but my kids smush the plastic and they dont last very long. thats why i figured powerade and gatorade bottles but this might not work for me. ill grab some super glue tonight while im out
Blackcat31 12:02 PM 01-08-2014
i tried those but my kids smush the plastic and they dont last very long. thats why i figured powerade and gatorade bottles but this might not work for me. ill grab some super glue tonight while im out
The BEST bottles I've ever used are the Fiji ones.... VERY strong IMHO, but VERY expensive for water....

Must have something to do with the square shape. I don't know.

thetoddlerwhisper 12:03 PM 01-08-2014
The BEST bottles I've ever used are the Fiji ones.... VERY strong IMHO, but VERY expensive for water....

Must have something to do with the square shape. I don't know.

hadnt thought of those cause i usually drink cheap walmart water but itd be worth trying
thetoddlerwhisper 12:10 PM 01-08-2014
what all do you put in your bottles? im thinking about some pretty fabric and some glitter too? in water? doing color bottles right now
melilley 12:16 PM 01-08-2014
I have water w/glitter and food coloring, water with just glitter, noodles, oil and water w/ food coloring, sparkly letter stickers. That's about it. I made them in a whim when I first opened and used whatever I had laying around. The possibilities are endless!
thetoddlerwhisper 12:19 PM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I have water w/glitter and food coloring, water with just glitter, noodles, oil and water w/ food coloring, sparkly letter stickers. That's about it. I made them in a whim when I first opened and used whatever I had laying around. The possibilities are endless!
thats basically what i have with exclusion of new ones im working on(1 for each color) made on today with cotton balls and glitter. the kids love it so far. looking for any new suggestions too.
Blackcat31 12:22 PM 01-08-2014
what all do you put in your bottles? im thinking about some pretty fabric and some glitter too? in water? doing color bottles right now
food coloring/water/oil (use baby oil or mineral oil....it tends to stay clear and doesn't get foggy or gross)
glitter
crayon shavings
water beads
tiny figures/animals
beads
Soap
cotton balls
fabric scraps
wood chips
melilley 12:23 PM 01-08-2014
thats basically what i have with exclusion of new ones im working on(1 for each color) looking for any new suggestions too.
Flour, sand, rice, etc... with little toys (or whatever) so when the flour moves around, they can see the toys, is a great one!
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 01-08-2014
Oh and just for reference and to give you some ideas, this is how liquids sit when layered:

or

thetoddlerwhisper 12:26 PM 01-08-2014
Oh and just for reference and to give you some ideas, this is how liquids sit when layered:

or

i have never seen this before saving it now
melilley 12:30 PM 01-08-2014

or

Neat!
Tags:sensory, sensory bottles
Reply Up