Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Flippin Weather
thetoddlerwhisper 03:12 AM 02-05-2014
its raining again the difference on this one. its 50 degrees at 6am. so if it werent raining it would easily hit 70 today. but since its raining and has been ALLLLL week i havent had a chance to pick up the sticks from our winter storms and we cant go out at all. so over it. i am not an inside person...... i need to take these toddlers out!!
MotherNature 06:34 AM 02-05-2014
I'll trade you our 10+inches of snow. I'm sick of snow & ice. How is TN so warm??? You're not that far from us!
Annalee 06:41 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by thetoddlerwhisper:
its raining again the difference on this one. its 50 degrees at 6am. so if it werent raining it would easily hit 70 today. but since its raining and has been ALLLLL week i havent had a chance to pick up the sticks from our winter storms and we cant go out at all. so over it. i am not an inside person...... i need to take these toddlers out!!
Got a cold rain going on here! Wish my own kids had some snow for the sleds I bought.
Blackcat31 07:20 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I'll trade you our 10+inches of snow. I'm sick of snow & ice. How is TN so warm??? You're not that far from us!
I'll trade you our -20F temps that have been weeks on end for anything...including rain/sleet/ice whatever.......

Its been so cold here for so long that yesterday it was only a negative single digit and the kids asked immediately if they could go outside since it was warmer now....
e.j. 07:31 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'll trade you our -20F temps that have been weeks on end for anything...including rain/sleet/ice whatever.......

Its been so cold here for so long that yesterday it was only a negative single digit and the kids asked immediately if they could go outside since it was warmer now....
Just goes to show you.....when you think you have it bad, someone always has it worse! It has been a very cold winter here this year and we're in the middle of a snow storm right now. We're expecting about a foot of snow today with more (another foot or more) on the way for Sunday. I was having a hard time working up sympathy for "50 degrees and raining" but then thought about some of your posts regarding sub-zero temps. I'll take what we're getting and like it!

OP: I don't mean to make light of your situation. I know it's hard to go a week with rain and a house full of kids. That's not fun, either! I hope you get your 70s and sunny weather soon!
DaisyMamma 08:09 AM 02-05-2014
I sooooo don't feel sorry for you as I sit here under a foot of snow.
thetoddlerwhisper 08:28 AM 02-05-2014
last week was the snow were due more possibly next weekend. id rather have that than rain.at least with snow i can take em out for a few..... we had the negatives last week as well. feel bad for complaining now. forgot how cold some of you are.....
e.j. 09:08 AM 02-05-2014
I feel bad for complaining now. forgot how cold some of you are.....
Don't feel bad for complaining. I'm always telling my kids, "The fact that someone else is hurting doesn't negate your own pain." Same thing with the weather everyone is experiencing. I'm just trying to keep a sense of humor about the weather we're getting this winter. Can't wait until spring!

It really is hard to be inside for an entire week because of rain. My dc kids always behave so much better when they get out in fresh air every day. As far as the sticks are concerned, once there's a break in the rain, could you put out some buckets and have the kids help pick them up? I don't let the kids play with them but they do seem to enjoy picking them up and putting them in buckets for me.
thetoddlerwhisper 09:13 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by e.j.:
As far as the sticks are concerned, once there's a break in the rain, could you put out some buckets and have the kids help pick them up? I don't let the kids play with them but they do seem to enjoy picking them up and putting them in buckets for me.
my 2s prefer hitting and some of our sticks are more like branches(we have 3 big trees over our playground) the snow we've had this winter knocked alot down
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 02-05-2014
Don't feel bad for complaining. I'm always telling my kids, "The fact that someone else is hurting doesn't negate your own pain." Same thing with the weather everyone is experiencing. I'm just trying to keep a sense of humor about the weather we're getting this winter. Can't wait until spring!

It really is hard to be inside for an entire week because of rain. My dc kids always behave so much better when they get out in fresh air every day. As far as the sticks are concerned, once there's a break in the rain, could you put out some buckets and have the kids help pick them up? I don't let the kids play with them but they do seem to enjoy picking them up and putting them in buckets for me.
Exactly! Just because some states/areas are used to cold and snow doesn't mean everyone is accustomed to it.

I can only imagine how horrible this winter weather is for some of you....when you aren't used to it, I bet it is HORRIBLY "restraining". You can't drive anywhere, go anywhere, count on things being open or on time.....

We are used to the weather we get. We have every summer/fall to prepare for it. We own the clothing, the equipment and the "know-how" to manage it easily.

When states get pounded with weather that is not normal for the area and the state doesn't own enough plows, equipment and know-how...I am sure it is out right paralyzing for them.

((((Hugs)))) to those of you that are experiencing "non-traditional" weather patterns.
coolconfidentme 09:16 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I'm with you! (I'm just to the west of you in IN.)
MotherNature 10:19 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This week & most of last it's been around 20, which has been 'warm.' Haha. It was like negative 12 or so for the past couple weeks. Looking forward to daffodils.
Jack Sprat 01:01 PM 02-05-2014
I will also trade you rain for snow. Can you put on raincoats and boots and head out?
SilverSabre25 01:07 PM 02-05-2014
Don't feel bad for complaining. I'm always telling my kids, "The fact that someone else is hurting doesn't negate your own pain."
Oh, my goodness, I love this so much! And it's the perfect comeback to the horribly dismissive "#FirstWorldProblems" type of response.
Unregistered 03:21 PM 02-05-2014
Fifty??? That's pretty warm! We take our littles out in CO at anything over 20*. (State required) and if we have parents who know how to handle bringing snow suits, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 hats etc, we'll go out even lower than that. Our district here only does "red flag" days under 10* and delays or closures very very rarely. We had a closure delay today due to windchill being -22* . Other than that, we just kinda go with it! I'd bundle 'em up, get some of those cheap $1 raincoats and have FUN!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered 06:37 PM 02-05-2014
I guess no one wants to hear that here on Vancouver Island BC Can the sun is shinning and the spring plants are coming up ......it is between -7 and -1 and a little above some days..

But for us ...here.... it is blooming cold ........

.it is truely a different type of cold ....damp in bones...and still my children are sent in little shoes no hat spring coats no gloves .....with in a few mins out side some little one is freezing ...I have some spares but not all of everything ....sigh ...and I have said things many many times to death ( sp )...I am from Ont who has been hit hard this year and the weather man ( who has not been right once this winter ) tells us to expect a big dump of snow this weekend ...we'll see ....
Tags:raining, rainy day, winter sucks, winter weather
Reply Up