Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract Details on Paid/Unpaid Days...Your Thoughts?
Abigail 03:45 PM 01-23-2011
Holidays
My childcare program will be closed on the following holidays each year:

• New Year’s Day
• Martin Luther King Day
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day and the day after
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Regular rate for these holidays will be charged. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, I will be closed the equal amount of time post or prior the holiday.

Provider Absences
I will take 7 vacation days each calendar year that will be charged the normal rate. I will give you prior notice when I plan to take my vacation so you can locate backup care. I may take these days separate or together.

I may take up to 7 personal days each calendar year. When I close my business to take a personal day, you will not be charged for childcare services. I may use my personal days for any personal or family needs, including but not limited to personal or family sick leave, funeral leave, or professional development.

Client Vacations & Absences
Ninety days after enrollment, a week vacation will be given at no charge for each client per calendar year. You may use these days separate or together. To use these days for a child’s illness, the provider must be notified prior to the client’s contracted start time. If the client doesn’t provide advance notice, the client will pay for the missed day(s) of care, regardless of any other terms in this contract.
Abigail 03:48 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Holidays
My childcare program will be closed on the following holidays each year:

• New Year’s Day
• Martin Luther King Day
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day and the day after
• Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Regular rate for these holidays will be charged. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, I will be closed the equal amount of time post or prior the holiday.

Provider Absences
I will take 7 vacation days each calendar year that will be charged the normal rate. I will give you prior notice when I plan to take my vacation so you can locate backup care. I may take these days separate or together.

I may take up to 7 personal days each calendar year. When I close my business to take a personal day, you will not be charged for childcare services. I may use my personal days for any personal or family needs, including but not limited to personal or family sick leave, funeral leave, or professional development.

Client Vacations & Absences
Ninety days after enrollment, a week vacation will be given at no charge for each client per calendar year. You may use these days separate or together. To use these days for a child’s illness, the provider must be notified prior to the client’s contracted start time. If the client doesn’t provide advance notice, the client will pay for the missed day(s) of care, regardless of any other terms in this contract.
I am happy with the Holiday section. I'm not sure about the Provider Absences section because it seems so confusing. I am getting at having 7 days (or a week, doesn't matter) paid and any days thereafter are Unpaid. As for the Parent Section, I'm not sure if I should require a written note to keep in the file because what if they use their sick days to be the unpaid days? Then they would have to write a note when they return, right? I just want advance notice. I say a week for the parents because technically it means 5 days. I only plan on having full time, but was advised that if I said a week I could put 2 or 3 days off if they're part time. Is this where I just insert a blank and hand write it? LOL, I prefer to have everything typed.
Rachel 10:39 PM 01-23-2011
I think you should put in how far in advance you will give notice on your personal days and on how far in advance you will give notice on weekend holidays.
Jewels 03:16 AM 01-24-2011
I think you should put something like, I may take up to three weeks vacation each year, one of which I charge for, or 7 days of which I will charge for, And I think 7 days is confusing, i take that as a mon-fri, and then an additional Mon and tue, since a daycare week is only mon-fri, so 5 days. 7 days is more like a week and a half, unless you are open weekends......that is just how I read that.
Abigail 09:18 PM 01-24-2011
I'm not sure how I felt about the days off because at first I wrote a week and someone mentioned to put down a number (friend of mine) so I put seven. Now I changed it to five. I'm already getting paid for 10 holidays that I'm closed and getting paid for 5 days in a year. Should I make these five days I'm paid for vacation invalid if a family has not been with me for very long?

I also want to be as clear as possible saying I will have 5 paid days throughout the calendar year (Jan 1-Dec. 31) and any additional days will be unpaid. How do I say that? What I have now seems to run on and on.

Regular rate for these holidays will be charge. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, I will be closed the equal amount of time post or prior the holiday. These paid holiday dates will be posted on the monthly calendar. (This is where I put that they would get advance notice by looking on the calendar. I would obviously remind them ahead of time of any of these holidays if they didn't know too. Does this all sound ok?)

Provider Absences
I will take 5 vacation days each calendar year that will be charged the regular rate. I will give you prior notice when I plan to take my vacation so you can locate backup care. I may take these days separate or together. (This prior notice is so I can decide if I want to give a two week or more notice of a long vacation or a month's notice on a vacation because I can take one day at a time if I choose, I don't find it necessary that I should obligate myself to give a 2 or 4 week notice for EVERY situation. I think simply stating prior notice is good enough, what do you think?)

I may need to take personal days once in awhile. When I close my business to take a personal day, you will not be charged for childcare services. I may use my personal days for any personal or family needs, including but not limited to personal or family sick leave, funeral leave, or professional development.
(This is my paragraph section that states I can take additional days off, but they would all be unpaid after my five paid days. Is there a better way to put this?)

LOL, I was starting to proof read what I typed and I'm so bored I don't want to read it! LOL, thanks for anyone who is hanging on here! I think I have the client vacations ok since no one mentioned anything to change.
Tags:contract, holidays, paid, parent, personal days, provider, unpaid
Reply Up