Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Certification?
Jbraszo162 08:26 PM 07-30-2012
Hi, I am new to this forum and I have a few questions about starting my daycare.

I graduated college this spring with a bachelor of science in Elementary Education and Special Education (dual-major). I want to start a daycare and take care of toddlers/babies/young children. Do I need to take early childhood courses, or is my certification adequate?

As for experience, I worked in a daycare for 5 years throughout college. I am starting this daycare in California but my teaching certification is from Pennsylvania.

Thanks
Michael 09:13 PM 07-30-2012
Welcome to the forum. I ugraded you status.
Jbraszo162 12:01 PM 07-31-2012
Hahaha, thanks!
Jbraszo162 01:35 PM 08-01-2012
Does anyone know the answer to my question?! Please? I looked it up online, and I think that my degree is suitable but I just wanted another source?
Jenniferdawn 01:45 PM 08-01-2012
You don't need any kind of degree to start a daycare in california. Here is a link to info on how to get started. http://ccld.ca.gov/PG411.htm

You need to take a introduction class and they will give you more info. You will have to take CPR and First Aid classes as well as Health and Safety class. But don't take them on your own. Wait until they tell you what to do and where to go.
Reply Up