Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Name Help!
Beach Baby 02:19 PM 01-22-2012
I will be opening my home day care soon and I still need a name! We live on a corner, so my first thought was Kiddie Corner. There are other day cares with that name, and I'd like to come up with something more original and creative. Problem is, my creativity seems to be lacking these days! What kind of wording do you use for your name? Day care/home day care/private day care, etc? I kind of like the sound of Private Day Care...sounds more prestigious or something. Any cute name suggestions? What happens if I choose the same name of another day care? I know the names of the ones in the area, but what about ones in a different city? Can I be sued?
Unregistered 02:50 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by MamaNik:
I will be opening my home day care soon and I still need a name! We live on a corner, so my first thought was Kiddie Corner. There are other day cares with that name, and I'd like to come up with something more original and creative. Problem is, my creativity seems to be lacking these days! What kind of wording do you use for your name? Day care/home day care/private day care, etc? I kind of like the sound of Private Day Care...sounds more prestigious or something. Any cute name suggestions? What happens if I choose the same name of another day care? I know the names of the ones in the area, but what about ones in a different city? Can I be sued?
Apple Blossoms Playskool

That was my DC name but I no longer run it. I would absolutely give you permission to use it.
Kaddidle Care 02:54 PM 01-22-2012
Kadiddle Corner

I love calling kids Kadiddles! (hence my name)

I spelled it wrong for my siggy - oh well!
Lucy 04:36 PM 01-22-2012
How about something using the word "cornerstone"? It could sound very fancy like Cornerstone Learning Center, Cornerstone Day Center, or more simple like Cornerstone Daycare. ????
kidkair 04:43 PM 01-22-2012
Niki's Corner Care
Beach Baby 06:01 PM 01-22-2012
Cute name ideas! I love the idea of using the word Playskool or Playschool in the name, as I firmly believe in learning through play. What do you all think of Little Learners Playschool?
Michael 06:08 PM 01-22-2012
I think that is a good name. Be sure that it is available as a domain name and register it; LittleLearnersPlayschool.com

You can always point it to a weebly or facebook page that you already have and you own the domain name and can use it as you please in advertisements.

Actually I just looked and it is already registered.
Beach Baby 06:36 PM 01-22-2012
Darn! All the good names are taken! I suspect I will get most clients through word of mouth, probably through my friends on Facebook. I am also a member of our local Facebook yardsale sites, so I will advertise my services on there as well. I really like Little Learners Playschool. What about a tag line? Where learning and playing go hand in hand? Too boring and predictable? Our last name starts with S and ends with s, so I was also playing around with the idea of S---s' Sprouts Private Playschool....or S---s' Sprouts Family Playschool? Or even S---s' Sprouts Family Childcare or private Childcare. I do like the feeling I get from the word Playschool, though.
Michael 06:41 PM 01-22-2012
How about LittleLearnersPlaycare.com

That one is available.
Tags:business name, domain names
Reply Up