Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Few Questions..... Sorry
Countrygal 01:52 PM 01-25-2012
Obviously, I am doing something wrong with the searches. For example I am attempting to find posts about "knowledge and skills assessment", and every time I search I get hundreds of posts - eg, every post about knowledge, every post about skills, every post about assessment..... HELP! How do I search for a combined term? I've tried the + s between the words and putting the words in parenthesis. What am I doing wrong, here????

Question # 2 - does anyone have a list anywhere that gives a rough estimate of what a child should be doing by age 2 or 3 or 4 (by age)? It's been a long time since I've had any that age, and my gs was always advanced, and not a fair comparison (no brag, just fact ) I've dowloaded the Core Knowledge Preschool Sequence, and it's nice, but it doesn't seem to give an idea of where a child should be at a given time.

I have a specific child I am thinking about but don't want to say anything to the parents without a little more specific information.
JaydensMommy 01:54 PM 01-25-2012
When I am trying to search for something, I click on search, then advanced search, then I type it in and from the drop down choose titles only and that seems to work better.
MyAngels 03:31 PM 01-25-2012
I don't know about the search question, but maybe this site will help with your other question?

http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/devmile.htm
Countrygal 06:28 PM 01-25-2012
Thank you for the suggestions!

I'll try that on my next search

The site looks like what I am looking for as far as the developmental guidelines. Thank you so much!
AfterSchoolMom 05:23 AM 01-26-2012
Searching never does me any good, even when I use the advanced search option - I get every thread that contains the word(s), and usually it just pulls up a list with all of the newest threads in it anyway.....so I'm right there with you.
Reply Up