Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have paid vac. days or not?
yes 21 48.84%
no 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have a Paid Vac. or Not?
momma2girls 02:46 PM 07-31-2012
I think this will be interesting to see who has paid vac. days and who doesn't.
Country Kids 02:49 PM 07-31-2012
No, all the time I take is unpaid.
DaisyMamma 03:01 PM 07-31-2012
Starting next year I get 4th of July week off paid.
I also get paid holidays plus the day after thanksgiving, Christmas eve and day after Christmas as well as 3 sick days.
wahmof3 03:07 PM 07-31-2012
I answered no bc any time I take off is unpaid for the most part.

Except major holidays and my teachers pay 1/2 rate for winter and spring breaks.
daycarediva 03:29 PM 07-31-2012
Yes, 10 days per year.
littlemissmuffet 03:54 PM 07-31-2012
Yes, 2 weeks paid vacation, 5 sick/personal days and all stats off with pay.
WDW 04:13 PM 07-31-2012
10 days paid for me plus my holidays... and my families get 5 free sick/emergency days and 5 days of vacation that they can pay 1/2 rate for if they give me 2 weeks notice.
GretasLittleFriends 04:42 PM 07-31-2012
I wasn't sure how to vote, because mostly no. I get paid for New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Eve.

If I close due to illness, or a child stays home sick I do not charge. If I take a day off here or there, or vacation time I do not charge. I do not charge if the parents take time off and keep their kids either.

I have a couple of flaky parents that don't have a set schedule, their days times vary. If I'm expecting their child (because it is on the schedule) and they don't tell me until that day that "little Johnny" isn't coming, then I charge. I require a minimum of 24 hour notice for schedule changes, if not, I charge.
Heidi 04:51 PM 07-31-2012
I usually get paid for New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve, if they fall on a child's regularly scheduled day. I also get 3 personal days per year (usually sick days or for a training). Except this year, I said they don't have to pay me for the Chrstmas holidays because I am taking the whole week off, and all but one of my families started mid-year, so I was trying to be reasonable.

Any days that the families take off are paid.
MommieNana4 05:49 PM 07-31-2012
I get paid all federal holidays, 5 personal/sick days. I have 2 weeks of vacation time (1 paid and 1 unpaid). I never take the 1 unpaid. The parents have to pay for any vacations that they take.

I am going to start taking 7 personal days next year.
JessicaF 05:59 PM 07-31-2012
I don't get paid vacation, but I did start charging for major holidays this year. Most of my parents get paid for holidays, so I figured I should too.

Another provider I know advised me to start adding a paid professional/vacation day to my contract each year if I wasn't going to ask for an increase in tuition. I am seriously considering it.
Country Kids 06:05 PM 07-31-2012
Once I saw what everyone was listing I thought I would list also.

All Federal holidays-10 (why doesn't it feel like that many)
2 weeks vacation
5 Personal/sick days (this actually turned into 9 this year)

So I get about a month off throughout the year. Why oh why does it not seem like it. Maybe everything is bunched up to much? MMMmmm something to think about when redoing my contract.

All of this is non-paid for me.
mema 06:37 PM 07-31-2012
I get all holidays paid and 10 days of vacation. They also get 5 days of vacation that they don't pay.
juliebug 06:37 PM 07-31-2012
paid holiday only. not vacation
My3cents 06:55 AM 08-01-2012
two weeks paid vacation and three personal days I never use but I have- all the normal Holidays etc...
VTMom 09:13 AM 08-01-2012
I used to have one week paid, the second week unpaid, along with paid holidays. It always made me feel bad though.

Now I've dropped my sibling discount and both weeks vacation are unpaid. It makes me feel better AND I actually make out better financially without the discount.
momma2girls 10:49 AM 08-01-2012
I have 10 days(2 weeks) paid vac. plus all the major Holidays. I am adding 2 personal days this yr. I am adding it, because one of my daycare children brought in H1N1 and INfluenza A this yr. and I had to take both days off. One day this yr. and one day last yr. from him!!
WImom 01:01 PM 08-01-2012
Holiday's are paid, vacation days are unpaid.
Reply Up