Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Free Labor
AmyLeigh 09:27 AM 09-05-2014
I decided to make some changes to the children's outside play area, one being a small sand pit. That requires a lot of clay soil to be dug out of the designated area. I must have looked like I was having way too much fun because now all of the kiddos have taken over. They are having a blast digging and I'm kicking back in the shade watching them. Win-win!
KSDC 10:00 AM 09-05-2014
I had a low spot in my yard. (There used to be an old house there, so really low.) We had a dump truck full of dirt dumped into the center of the yard. The kids spent weeks "playing" in that pile. All the while unkowingly helping me to spread it out, level it, and pack it down.
melilley 11:06 AM 09-05-2014

I had dh go get some more wood chips last week and he dumped them into a huge pile. All of the kids wanted to help me! Funny thing is, they are all toddlers and can't really "help". They were walking around with little trucks, buckets and wheelbarrows and filling them to take to the spot where I was filling. They also were riding over them on the bikes. One dcb kept asking me why I was making holes in the wood chips every time I used my shovel to move them..lol

I'm thinking that I should just get a huge pile of wood chips every year and they will be occupied all summer!
spinnymarie 11:13 AM 09-05-2014
Love it!
When we moved daycare to the basement, guess who was in charge of toting toys and books from up to down?
We had a great nap that day.
TheGoodLife 11:16 AM 09-05-2014
Ha, what a cute visual Glad you got some free help!
DaveA 11:19 AM 09-05-2014
I let the ducks and chickens free range the (fenced) backyard periodically. When the they "escape" the pen it is the DCK's job is to herd them back to the pen area after they run for a bit. Not sure who enjoys it more.
Magic 02:47 PM 09-09-2014
We do that here too Dave
when chickens and ducks get out we all take a spot and hold arms up and move in ...they love it ...
NightOwl 06:29 PM 09-09-2014
I read here where someone said they would lay in the floor to play with the kids and the kids piled on and crawled all over them. Instant FREE massage.
Reply Up