Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lakeshore
NoMoreJuice! 08:26 PM 02-19-2014
So a few months ago, I had never heard of Lakeshore. Unbelievable, right? So they opened a store two miles from my house...and now I CAN'T STAY OUT OF IT!!!

My husband was on call tonight and as soon as he left the house at seven, all I could think was "Omg, Lakeshore closes in an hour...wonder what they have on sale??"

Somebody sign me up for an anonymous group. ::Hits head on desk::

On a positive note, I purchased several new fun letter-recognition games!! I need help.
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 02-20-2014
Oh you poor thing, you've got it bad. I am very grateful I live nowhere near a Lakeshore or my credit card would be maxed out.
hope 04:53 AM 02-20-2014
I love that store! They even do craft projects with the kids so I can shop while they craft. My kids love it so much that they actually ask to go. This past weekend I took DH on one of our outings there and he even loved it! He was amazed at how many fun learning games there were. I thought he was going to buy out the whole store.
Maria2013 04:59 AM 02-20-2014
I better go google this "Lakeshore" right now
snbauser 05:01 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by maria2013:
i better go google this "lakeshore" right now :d
don't!!! Run away!!
Maria2013 05:04 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by snbauser:
don't!!! Run away!!
oh I wont

is this the same Lakeshore you guys are talking about?
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/
originalkat 05:08 AM 02-20-2014
It is like walking into a catalog, isnt it?
The closest one is 3 hrs from me, but whenever we take a road trip we ALWAYS go. My husband is worse than I am though. He loves Lakeshore too!
Maria2013 05:13 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:
It is like walking into a catalog, isnt it?
The closest one is 3 hrs from me, but whenever we take a road trip we ALWAYS go. My husband is worse than I am though. He loves Lakeshore too!
road trip? I love road trips!...honey, guess where we're going for our anniversary
Evansmom 07:12 AM 02-20-2014
I love that store too but it seems like it's so pricy. Do any of you think it's expensive? Or maybe it's just that I love so much stuff in there that I always spend so much!
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
I love that store too but it seems like it's so pricy. Do any of you think it's expensive? Or maybe it's just that I love so much stuff in there that I always spend so much!
I do. The prices are down right ridiculous!

I earmark the items I want and have DH build them.

The only thing my DH says about them is that they definitely hit a gold mine in finding daycares and schools willing to pay their prices.

He said the actual cost of the materials and time for one of their book shelves is LESS than half of what they sell it for.
Evansmom 07:25 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

The only thing my DH says about them is that they definitely hit a gold mine in finding daycares and schools willing to pay their prices.

He said the actual cost of the materials and time for one of their book shelves is LESS than half of what they sell it for.
Ok then I'm not too crazy then
I home school and needed some lined paper to practice writing on and didn't want to wait for some to be ordered online so I went in and found a nice package I liked but it was 12$ for one package! And I know we would breeze through it in a week the way my 6 year old uses paper.

I wanted a light table so bad to DH made one the ones they have to buy are ridiculously expensive no matter where you look!
Blackcat31 07:31 AM 02-20-2014
Ok then I'm not too crazy then
I home school and needed some lined paper to practice writing on and didn't want to wait for some to be ordered online so I went in and found a nice package I liked but it was 12$ for one package! And I know we would breeze through it in a week the way my 6 year old uses paper.

I wanted a light table so bad to DH made one the ones they have to buy are ridiculously expensive no matter where you look!
Nice of your DH!!

On a side note, here is printable lined paper if you need it. (attached)

Also here is a site you can download and print ANY type of paper you want to. Makes it easy if you just need a couple pieces.

http://www.printablepaper.net/category/penmanship
Evansmom 07:40 AM 02-20-2014
Nice of your DH!!

On a side note, here is printable lined paper if you need it. (attached)

Also here is a site you can download and print ANY type of paper you want to. Makes it easy if you just need a couple pieces.

http://www.printablepaper.net/category/penmanship
awesome! Thanks
sharlan 07:55 AM 02-20-2014
I LOVE Lakeshore, but, yes, they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! I only buy something I really want and only with a coupon. Even with their coupons, they're too expensive.
NoMoreJuice! 07:56 AM 02-20-2014
We go through tons of it too! I finally just bought six dry-erase lined boards from Lakeshore. I also bought these last night:

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...=1392910748928

They weren't on sale, but I had a 20% off coupon from an email! The girls LOVE them, we've been playing with them all morning!!

I am addicted to all the letter recognition games they have. We have a fishing game, a popcorn game, puzzles, and now those flip boards. SO much fun learning going on!

I don't think their prices are outrageous for the games and puzzles that I buy. And the construction paper is super cheap--better than Hobby Lobby or Michaels! I also LOVE that I can go to the store and say "I want help teaching the kids (insert subject)" and they can show me all kinds of great ideas, even if they don't sell a product for it.
countrymom 08:17 AM 02-20-2014
ok, so the first time I went in one was the one in florida last year when I went on vacation. LOVE THE STORE!!!!

now there is one in michigan about an hour from me, I need to go because I need construction paper and paint and other stuff. I want to buy the big teeth with the tooth brush because the littles would get such a big kick.

now if you think their prices are expensive you should try shopping in canada, they are outrages. Im lucky that I live so close to michigan that I go over almost every weekend.
originalkat 08:30 AM 02-20-2014
Yes, it is pricey. I would never stock my daycare with their items, but it is fun to get some fun things occasionally. They are very well made.
daycare 08:58 AM 02-20-2014
I have a hobby lobby near by and their arts/crafts stuff is way cheaper especially if you have a coupon.
daycarediva 10:14 AM 02-20-2014

This is me, too. I am building a new locker/cubby set for the daycare right now. It's going to be a lakeshore product look a like (at a 1/5 of the cost)
Laurel 10:44 AM 02-20-2014

Never bought anything there. Too expensive.

Laurel
My3cents 11:40 AM 02-20-2014
I love Lakeshore but they are pricey!
Jack Sprat 11:42 AM 02-20-2014

This is my DH. He is making balance bikes, bench with cubbies and a book case for me. I do love looking at Lakeshore though!
itlw8 12:08 PM 02-20-2014
I can not wait to go to it. everytime we go to KC I head to US TOYS / Constructive playthings to see what is on sale. Though it will be a much further drive to Lakeshore. The kids live in Raytown. Now when IKEA opens we are in REAL trouble We had better bring a truck and trailer so I can go to all three places.
Sugar Magnolia 12:12 PM 02-20-2014
I have a similar addiction.....except its the Converse store. Going to the mall? Must.....check......for new......Chuck Taylor....designs.
daycare 12:21 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I have a similar addiction.....except its the Converse store. Going to the mall? Must.....check......for new......Chuck Taylor....designs.
lol mine is anything NIKE....I just finally got my nike 3.0 tiffany blue with bdazzled nike logo....I waited 6months for these. they were my anniversary gift from last year......lol

I love love love shoes
Jack Sprat 12:26 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I can not wait to go to it. everytime we go to KC I head to US TOYS / Constructive playthings to see what is on sale. Though it will be a much further drive to Lakeshore. The kids live in Raytown. Now when IKEA opens we are in REAL trouble We had better bring a truck and trailer so I can go to all three places.
Yes to IKEA!!! When is the one in KC suppose to open? I love IKEA!
Imagination's Creations 12:28 PM 02-20-2014
I also just discovered Lakeshore! I love how you can save shopping carts. I have a few waiting for me to purchase! Im really glad we dont have one near me or I would be in trouble!
NoMoreJuice! 03:31 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
The best part is that IKEA is going in right across from Lakeshore and Home Depot! I can spend my entire bank account in less than 2 blocks!
NoMoreJuice! 03:33 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Yes to IKEA!!! When is the one in KC suppose to open? I love IKEA!
They said IKEA will be open this fall. I heard a rumor that it's in September. It's less than 2 miles from my house, so I have to drive by it all the time, and they are making incredible progress! The huge parking garage went up in like three days, and now the building is almost totally up. Come on September!!
Reply Up