Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Babies Bowels
tenderhearts 08:30 AM 11-09-2010
I have a 7 month old who's poops are always explosive, I'm talking coming out the back of the diaper, the sides and it's always just a big mess, almost every time. Is this normal for a baby this age? It's been this way for a few months now more so the last few weeks. She is no longer on breast milk, and has switched formulas a few times but what she's on now she's been on for a least a month. She isn't on much solids so why would they be so messy, she isnt the easiest baby to change to begin with but omg it's disaster when she goes. So I guess my quesiton is if this is normal? My almost 10 mo olds have never been like that but he drinks breast milk which I thought made "looser" bowels than formula.
laundrymom 09:10 AM 11-09-2010
Id give more veg and no jar fruit for a week and see how that goes, also, use real banana,... mush it real good. it may help bind him. or little bits of cheese.
BentleysBands 09:24 AM 11-09-2010
or could be he needs a bigger size diaper??
tenderhearts 09:35 AM 11-09-2010
Nope diapers are fine. She only gets fruit in the morning which is a #1 jar and then she gets veggie at night with cereal. Since she just started eating the solids I don't think mom would be up for the cheese yet, I haven't gotten quite a feel yet for the type of person she is, she's hard to read, she's nice and all but almost feel like if I said anything to her she would take offense to it. I mentioned it last week about it and the fact that when she'd go her bottom would be very red almost like bumpy red, which goes away quickly and she said she noticed it as well and thought it was some new cereal they started giving her and as far as I know they stopped giving it to her, the red bum is better but the blow outs is a nightmare. Not only is it a poopy mess she doesnt lie still at alll.
MyAngels 03:49 PM 11-09-2010
I had one who went through this at about the same age. We never did figure out what really caused it, but it always seemed to happen around the time he was getting a new tooth. I thought it might have had to do, at least partially, with the extra drool being swallowed. Feeding real bananas seemed to help a bit. I feel for you though, it was a nightmare while it was going on.
countrymom 10:23 AM 11-10-2010
by any chance are they giving her some motrin or tylenol. Because i have a 19month old who's parents are giving her motrin (that is a whole story initself) and its so stinky and explosive, they also give her stuff to make her poop ?????? because they are crazy
tenderhearts 10:27 AM 11-10-2010
No I don't believe so, but then again parents don't seem to tell us things. She doesn't seem like the type that would unless she really needed to. For teething they use the Hylands teething tablets and if that isn't enough I know a couple times they have given her tylenol.
SimpleMom 10:39 AM 11-10-2010
Some babies tend to have more loose bowels, too. If they are not on much for solids that would do it. I've seen this often. They grow out of it eventually. Unless it's an illness?? Sounds more like it's just a stage they are going through. Can be a lot to clean up, though. LOL been there--done that
Blackcat31 11:02 AM 11-10-2010
I had a dcg who had really loose stools until she was like 2 yrs old. Doctor had mom do some eliminations of certain foods one by one to figure out the problem and it turns out she had a bit of a lactose problem with milk. We gave her soy milk and gradually introduced regular milk as she grew older and it is no longer a problem. She was not lactose intolerant, the doctor said her digestive system was just a little immature but it did catch up and she now drinks regular milk with no problem. Just a thought.......
caitlin 05:56 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
No I don't believe so, but then again parents don't seem to tell us things. She doesn't seem like the type that would unless she really needed to. For teething they use the Hylands teething tablets and if that isn't enough I know a couple times they have given her tylenol.
Just a heads up, those teething tablets have had a recall...
http://www.hylands.com/news/hylands-teething-recall.php
Tags:poop, poopy diaper
Reply Up