Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty Trained! Ummmm No!
CraftyMom 10:29 AM 11-02-2014
Can anyone tell me WHY???? Why do parents think that when their kids pees or poops on the potty for the very first time that they are going to send them here in underwear? I'm tired of having the same potty conversation!
Unregistered 10:39 AM 11-02-2014
Comes in underwear non verbal he won't tell you he has to go he pees and poops underwear put him in pull up he won't pee at all holds it all day mom has him scared poor kid.
cheerfuldom 11:10 AM 11-02-2014
Most of them have no knowledge or experience about how a child develops and learns with something like potty training. Sometimes they have a deadline in their minds.....training before 3, training to get into a new school, etc.
nannyde 11:56 AM 11-02-2014
Because it is free. They can say words and have you absorb the outcome of their words free of charge.

Charge for it. Charge them for professional cleaning and a labor charge. Once it's not so free they will say different words.
CraftyMom 01:24 PM 11-02-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Because it is free. They can say words and have you absorb the outcome of their words free of charge.

Charge for it. Charge them for professional cleaning and a labor charge. Once it's not so free they will say different words.
Good idea Once they realize they will have to pay to clean my rugs the story may change

I plan to reiterate my potty policy and have it printed and ready to hand to them in the morning. Dcb will wear diapers here. It's always the kids who have not shown ANY signs of readiness. They use the potty one time at home and the parents think "he's trained"
AuntTami 03:23 PM 11-02-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Good idea Once they realize they will have to pay to clean my rugs the story may change

I plan to reiterate my potty policy and have it printed and ready to hand to them in the morning. Dcb will wear diapers here. It's always the kids who have not shown ANY signs of readiness. They use the potty one time at home and the parents think "he's trained"
Maybe they're confusing him with a kitten!
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:54 AM 11-03-2014
I have 2 families that do this. Both kids 2.5 yrs old, have never told me they have to pee, but they do really good at home..............

I have told both mothers they are not ready, but they still send the kids in underwear. So now I put diapers (my own) on both kids when they get here and take them off just before the parents arrive.

Sneaky? Yes. Tired of being ignored? Yes. Willing to put up with pee all over my carpets? NOPE.
CraftyMom 09:05 AM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Maybe they're confusing him with a kitten!

CraftyMom 09:10 AM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
I have 2 families that do this. Both kids 2.5 yrs old, have never told me they have to pee, but they do really good at home..............

I have told both mothers they are not ready, but they still send the kids in underwear. So now I put diapers (my own) on both kids when they get here and take them off just before the parents arrive.

Sneaky? Yes. Tired of being ignored? Yes. Willing to put up with pee all over my carpets? NOPE.
They do good at home because the parents have the one child, not 6 or more, and they put them on the potty every half hour...won't happen here

My new plan of action for the future is to repeat my policy to parents once and hand them a printed copy of my policy. End of discussion. If dck comes in underwear he/she gets a diaper right away, not an option until we are 2 weeks accident free HERE.

I won't tell parents this is what I am doing, I will assume they KNOW, since it has been told to them at least twice, and twice printed by that point. (they are told at interview and given policies in handbook. They are told again when they try to come in underwear and then given a print out)
Cradle2crayons 09:19 AM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
They do good at home because the parents have the one child, not 6 or more, and they put them on the potty every half hour...won't happen here

My new plan of action for the future is to repeat my policy to parents once and hand them a printed copy of my policy. End of discussion. If dck comes in underwear he/she gets a diaper right away, not an option until we are 2 weeks accident free HERE.

I won't tell parents this is what I am doing, I will assume they KNOW, since it has been told to them at least twice, and twice printed by that point. (they are told at interview and given policies in handbook. They are told again when they try to come in underwear and then given a print out)
Same thing here. But I add a diaper fee to their invoice if I'm providing them
sally 09:27 AM 11-03-2014
I have a daycare boy who will be 4 this month and he has to wear a diaper or pullups here. At home they say he is potty trained except for at night but when he comes in the early morning he changes a wet pullup. He never wants to potty here all day even his long almost 10 hour days. The 1 time I allowed underwear he wet all over during nap and pooped them. His parents want him to wear underwear here but until he tells me he has to go potty and goes in the toilet I'm not playing. I do potty breaks and in between the kids will tell me they need to go. I also ask if I think they need to potty but he refuses every day.
Tags:potty accidents, potty trained - not
Reply Up